collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 02:59:01 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[June 03, 2024, 10:41:45 PM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Monty
[June 03, 2024, 09:27:43 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 02:59:01 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 02:53:28 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Re: Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Percy McCarthy
[June 03, 2024, 11:26:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1563817 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #13965 on: August 15, 2021, 08:59:40 AM »
I see in true H&V style, some people are losing their shit after one defeat.

From the little of what I saw, there was a gaping hole in midfield and we looked weak down the left. Lets not panic though, we possibly hopefully have another singing to come in, Watkins and Luiz to come back and Bailey and Buendia will settle. Chill everyone.

It's just the way it is after a defeat. Any defeat in fact and the negative is magnified and there was plenty of it yesterday.
But it is only one game of a new season and I'm sure we'll improve massively in the coming weeks.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #13966 on: August 15, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
Smith has made great calls with the coaches.

We've got some great players in, who aren't yet fit or bedded into a system. We've lost a great player. Our main striker was out.

We've played one game.

Pre season has been shortened by Copa America, Olympics and Euros and then we lost our main friendly to covid.

Ings scored. Bailey got an assist to a great McGinn finish. We showed signs (when it was too late but still, it was an improvement).

Smith will be fine.

Some great excuses there mate for an abject performance against a club tipped for relegation
I know you’ve got a large back catalogue but I am hoping you’re not going to be dipping into too much this season

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #13967 on: August 15, 2021, 09:06:24 AM »
I see in true H&V style, some people are losing their shit after one defeat.

From the little of what I saw, there was a gaping hole in midfield and we looked weak down the left. Lets not panic though, we possibly hopefully have another singing to come in, Watkins and Luiz to come back and Bailey and Buendia will settle. Chill everyone.

One persons losing their shit is anothers calling it out for exactly what it was

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #13968 on: August 15, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
Seemed the perfect storm of playing a promoted team away with fans back, them getting an early goal, then a big deflection just before HT. Then some guy scores a worldie.

But I do think this will be a season too far for Smith. Imo Grealish has carried him much further than his own ability. His tactics have always been give it to Jack, and fair enough when you have a world class player in your team. But his record without him vs with him is pathetic.

Offline Rico

« Reply #13969 on: August 15, 2021, 09:32:05 AM »
Yeah, this is my worry to about Dean too. His record without Grealish is pathetic so its time to see if he is any good. I really hope he can do it because he is one of us, but we really need to push on now. Fingers crossed!

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #13970 on: August 15, 2021, 09:39:43 AM »
Some folk make me feel ashamed to follow my club
We have lost one game and the haters are out already
Pre season has been very unfortunate with cancelled game’s departures of players and staff together with several being unavailable this week
Suggest the haters either get back in their box or go follow another team as they are not true supporters

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #13971 on: August 15, 2021, 09:40:08 AM »
If we don't recruit a midfielder we'll need to play three from Marv, Doug, SJM, Sanson and Ramsey. One deep, the other two further forward.

Then three up front - which will be a challenge - from Ollie, Ings, Bailey, Buendia.

What about Traore. Changed the game yesterday I thought.

Agreed. He looked really up for it. I’d start him and Bailey next week

Yes agreed, add bert to that list too. So it’s three from five.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #13972 on: August 15, 2021, 09:43:15 AM »
It’s not about Grealish, it is and was always about who replaced him when injured (or transferred) Yesterday yet again we had AEG and Marv starting both not PL quality. When we don’t have to rely on players such as those  we will improve

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13973 on: August 15, 2021, 09:45:37 AM »
Pre season has been very unfortunate with cancelled game’s departures of players and staff together with several being unavailable this week
Suggest the haters either get back in their box or go follow another team as they are not true supporters

A chap I know who was there yesterday posted on Facebook  that some lads behind him were taking about relegation twenty minutes into the game. Some fans can be utterly ridiclous.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #13974 on: August 15, 2021, 09:46:55 AM »

Dont you you just love ‘I’m a better than you’ superfans.
I’m so glad they keep everyone else in check.

Yay for the super fan !

Offline Ketzster

• GM : 06.12.2020
« Reply #13975 on: August 15, 2021, 09:47:04 AM »
I think most people thought the first 3 fixtures gave us a pretty easy start to the season. The problem is, if you don’t win those then you then have the harder games and you can end up being a long way behind and not being able to catch up. It isn’t just one game, it’s been a recurring problem for Smith without Grealish. I don’t think he will find an answer because he never has regarding that problem. I think he will be gone before the end of October

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #13976 on: August 15, 2021, 09:50:02 AM »
I think most people thought the first 3 fixtures gave us a pretty easy start to the season. The problem is, if you don’t win those then you then have the harder games and you can end up being a long way behind and not being able to catch up. It isn’t just one game, it’s been a recurring problem for Smith without Grealish. I don’t think he will find an answer because he never has regarding that problem. I think he will be gone before the end of October
but a new manager makes that an even bigger problem - as the new manager won't know how to play with any of the players.

Offline Ketzster

• GM : 06.12.2020
« Reply #13977 on: August 15, 2021, 09:55:11 AM »
but a new manager makes that an even bigger problem - as the new manager won't know how to play with any of the players.

But on that basis no club would ever change manager

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #13978 on: August 15, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »

Dont you you just love ‘I’m a better than you’ superfans.
I’m so glad they keep everyone else in check.

Yay for the super fan !

It always amazes me that on a football forum, designed to talk about the team you follow, that people can be ashamed and label others as "haters" for discussing the possibilities around what might happen in the future should x y or z scenario come to pass. In this instance a team that has spent much of the last 3 weeks peddling top 6 ambitions are 3-0 down to a newly promoted side on the opening day, and there is some sort of belief that all will be ok. Surely views from across the spectrum are allowed without being "haters" or indeed "happy clappers" or worse fans. We all love the Villa, and we all have different views. This site would be so bloody boring without it.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #13979 on: August 15, 2021, 09:57:02 AM »
Is it haters? Or is it people calling a shit performance a shit performance?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal