collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 10:46:19 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by chrisw1
[Today at 10:44:59 AM]

Season Tickets by amfy
[Today at 10:41:55 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Drummond
[Today at 10:04:29 AM]

Kits 24/25 by sid1964
[Today at 09:57:32 AM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by robleflaneur
[Today at 09:48:48 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 10:46:19 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by chrisw1
[Today at 10:44:59 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:42:14 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by amfy
[Today at 10:41:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Smithy
[Today at 10:41:11 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Allan C
[Today at 10:39:34 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:37:59 AM]

Re: Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:36:42 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1563883 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #11670 on: March 21, 2021, 09:37:29 PM »
Stat masters. 

What are the stats for Jack starting games under Smith?

I think it’s 4 wins in 25 games without him since Smith took over
I proper breakdown would be useful.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #11671 on: March 21, 2021, 09:38:43 PM »
Jack Grealish is one of the best players the club has ever produced. He is a local lad and a fan of the club. This, to my mind, is one of the biggest opportunities we have had in a generation to capitalize on some good fortune- he could be the golden ticket back to the big time. I know nothing about marketing but I would imagine he is one of the most marketable individuals the club has had on the books in quite some time.

I don't want to be sat here in ten years time looking back, yet again at 'what might have been' when we had one of our best ever players on the books. This summer is massive if we do have aspirations of winning things.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #11672 on: March 21, 2021, 09:43:17 PM »
Dean Smith without Jack Grealish

Played 23
Won 3
Draw 9
Lost 11
Goals 22
Against 36

Aston Villa 2-2 Stoke
Aston Villa 2-3 Leeds
Swansea 0-1 Aston Vila
Preston 1-1 Aston Vlla
Aston Villa 2-2 QPR
Aston Villa 0-3 Swansea
Wigan 3-0 Aston Villa
Aston Vila 2-2 Hull
Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich
Reading 0-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 3-3 Sheffield Utd
Brentford 1-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-2 WBA
Stoke 1-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 1-2 Norwich
Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
Fulham 2-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 1-2 Leicester
Leeds 0-1 Aston Villa
Sheff Utd 1-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-0 Wolves
Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 0-2 Spurs
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 09:45:44 PM by LukeJames »

Online ez

« Reply #11673 on: March 21, 2021, 09:45:19 PM »
I said the other day we as Villa fans don’t need to fire Dean Smith. It’s ruthless at this level and frankly if he cannot push us on his future will look after itself. He has tremendous goodwill built up. He earned that. But now he is drawing on those savings and in the end there will be nothing left in the bank if he cannot rediscover what made us exciting to watch in the early parts of this season. The owners won’t put up with this if we go from nose bleeding thoughts of CL to a bottom half finish.

I think they will. I reckon Smith has a free pass for the rest of the season and the start of the next.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #11674 on: March 21, 2021, 09:49:24 PM »
This is what I think. We’ve undoubtedly progressed this season but we’ve also missed an opportunity once we had progressed. He has the rest of the season and first 10 games of next season like most managers at this level.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #11675 on: March 21, 2021, 09:52:45 PM »
I said the other day we as Villa fans don’t need to fire Dean Smith. It’s ruthless at this level and frankly if he cannot push us on his future will look after itself. He has tremendous goodwill built up. He earned that. But now he is drawing on those savings and in the end there will be nothing left in the bank if he cannot rediscover what made us exciting to watch in the early parts of this season. The owners won’t put up with this if we go from nose bleeding thoughts of CL to a bottom half finish.

I think they will. I reckon Smith has a free pass for the rest of the season and the start of the next.

I hope so. He absolutely deserves it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #11676 on: March 21, 2021, 09:58:47 PM »
Smith has done an excellent job.

We're in a poor run of form now and we're limited in consistent quality.

Grealish is world class, our Harry Kane if you like. He could play for anybody in the world.

But while Barkley can look a world beater, he has no consistency and his form has evaporated entirely and long ago.

Traore has phenomenal feet, can score and create. But can go missing for games on end.

Trez is not good enough. AEG is Ronaldo one game in 10, although has actually got a decent scoring record.

Davis is nowhere near good enough and Wesley we're still unsure of thanks to Ben Mee.

Watkins I love, but it looks like he could do.with a game or two sat out, but that's not possible.

There's not a lot to change attack wise and maybe a diamond like we switched up with in the last 10? Simply bypass the winger issue and flood central spaces?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #11677 on: March 21, 2021, 10:00:33 PM »
Pretty well summed up Ads.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #11678 on: March 21, 2021, 10:01:04 PM »

Grealish is world class, our Harry Kane if you like. He could play for anybody in the world.

But while Barkley can look a world beater, he has no consistency and his form has evaporated entirely and long ago.

Traore has phenomenal feet, can score and create. But can go missing for games on end.

Trez is not good enough. AEG is Ronaldo one game in 10, although has actually got a decent scoring record.

Davis is nowhere near good enough and Wesley we're still unsure of thanks to Ben Mee.

Watkins I love, but it looks like he could do.with a game or two sat out, but that's not possible.

There's not a lot to change attack wise and maybe a diamond like we switched up with in the last 10? Simply bypass the winger issue and flood central spaces?

Finally someone with sense and perspective.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #11679 on: March 21, 2021, 10:01:38 PM »
We need to look at giving Davis a go up top with Ollie. I don’t see any creativity coming down the flanks, so I’d take Trez out and give the opposition defence a bit more to think about.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #11680 on: March 21, 2021, 10:04:55 PM »

I hope so. He absolutely deserves it.

He probably does. But the pressure will be massive. The owners have made promises to Jack to get him to sign a long term deal. It’s very well documented how ambitious they are. They know that if the club cannot get to where Jack feels it remains in his best interests to stay then they will lose him. It’s just really alarming that the manager cannot find a way to win without him because for the owners even with other players coming in that could be the future. And they will not want to lash out £100m+ to find the manager is unable to get us to compete at the top end of the table.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #11681 on: March 21, 2021, 10:06:13 PM »
I would rather have Savo Milosevic,
out of retirement, bandanna and all, than Davis anywhere near VP.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #11682 on: March 21, 2021, 10:06:35 PM »

But why not give Davis a go from the start?  Change the system that clearly isn’t working. DS is totally inflexible. Spurs CH’s were there for thetaking  tonight.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #11683 on: March 21, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »
The King is Dean Smith
And his clothes are Jack Grealish

Without Grealish the king has no clothes i’m afraid
And it’s there for all to see

Offline Ketzster

• GM : 06.12.2020
« Reply #11684 on: March 21, 2021, 10:07:44 PM »

Finally someone with sense and perspective.

Except it wasn’t a diamond. It was still 4-3-3 with Watkins going wide and Davis in the middle. That’s what it always is when Davis comes on. It’s never actually 4-4-2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal