collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1543029 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #10815 on: December 26, 2020, 01:18:06 AM »
Of all the Villa managers I've spoken to, the one I'd most like to talk football with is BFR and the one I'd most like to have a pint with would be McLeish. 

There was a period of time when I regularly bumped into BFR at the Lickey Hills and Clent Hills while walking the dogs, and at Barnt Green cricket club.  He was always up for a chat about football or cricket.   

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10816 on: December 26, 2020, 09:27:42 AM »
Of all the Villa managers I've spoken to, the one I'd most like to talk football with is BFR and the one I'd most like to have a pint with would be McLeish. 

There was a period of time when I regularly bumped into BFR at the Lickey Hills and Clent Hills while walking the dogs, and at Barnt Green cricket club.  He was always up for a chat about football or cricket.   

I saw BFR in the Lickey Hills a couple of times, once just before the League Cup final.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #10817 on: December 26, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »
I wonder if anything has been said about making a challenge for the title. May sound ridiculous but if we won our games in hand, we would be 3 points behind Liverpool; our away form is excellent...if they can maintain that and start winning home games, they can go far. Just the ambition of discussing it amongst eachother would be a big statement of intent.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10818 on: December 26, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
I just don't think we're consistent enough, or have the squad to mount a title challenge.  That's not a criticism as we're miles better than last year, and look competitive in every match, when mostly last season we stunk the place out. If we're even in with a shout of top 4 going into the last weeks, that would be unbelievable progress.  Be interesting to see what the owners' approach is in January.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10819 on: December 26, 2020, 10:24:27 AM »
I have a bet on us to win the league every year. Odds much reduced this season. We obviously won't win the league.

I've also seen BFR out and about in Barnt Green. He's very good with my nephew. My nephew is white, however.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #10820 on: December 26, 2020, 12:10:48 PM »
I have a very good friend in Newcastkke who takes his dog for a walk and often meets Steve Bruce on the same route with his own dog. They chat, briefly, about their dogs and other bits and pieces all unrelated to football. Proper down-to-earth by all accounts. Approachable, with none of the airs and graces one sometimes finds, a thoroughly decent bloke. I think that's what most people felt on here, even when we weren't particularly happy about his on-field tactics.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10821 on: December 26, 2020, 12:19:17 PM »
I have a bet on us to win the league every year. Odds much reduced this season. We obviously won't win the league.

I've also seen BFR out and about in Barnt Green. He's very good with my nephew. My nephew is white, however.

That's totally uncalled for.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #10822 on: December 26, 2020, 12:20:18 PM »
Why?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #10823 on: December 26, 2020, 12:22:13 PM »
Why?

Take a wild guess and stop being obtuse.

Online Clampy

« Reply #10824 on: December 26, 2020, 12:22:32 PM »
Why?

What was the point in even typing that? That's just stupid.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #10825 on: December 26, 2020, 12:23:09 PM »
Why?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #10826 on: December 26, 2020, 12:26:53 PM »

Online Clampy

« Reply #10827 on: December 26, 2020, 12:30:15 PM »
I just don't think we're consistent enough, or have the squad to mount a title challenge.  That's not a criticism as we're miles better than last year, and look competitive in every match, when mostly last season we stunk the place out. If we're even in with a shout of top 4 going into the last weeks, that would be unbelievable progress.  Be interesting to see what the owners' approach is in January.

I agree about the inconsistency results wise but apart from the Leeds game, we could have well won every game so it's not been for the lack of trying. This season really is a cracking chance for us to finish quite high up.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #10828 on: December 26, 2020, 12:33:17 PM »
Why?

Grow up.

I can't be bothered with an argument, but we're all fine with known, self identifying, racists now?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10829 on: December 26, 2020, 12:37:15 PM »
Why?

Grow up.

I can't be bothered with an argument, but we're all fine with known, self identifying, racists now?

No one loved Big Ron more than me, but aside from his well known outburst I'd heard him playing to the racist crowd at a BRMB event at the Drakes Drum years before, laughing about having to coax Earl Barret out of a tree to sign for us, so I don't think you need to apologise at all for what you said.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal