collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:42:01 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by steamer
[Today at 12:34:18 PM]

Champions League Contention by Billy Walker
[Today at 12:32:33 PM]

Diego Carlos by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 12:30:57 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:22:22 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard
[Today at 12:17:55 PM]

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall on Saturday  (Read 4960 times)

Offline London Wall

Millwall on Saturday
« on: October 08, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
Dear All,

Sorry to come on here, not here to discuss or gloat about the result.

Anyone that went on Saturday, was there any police drug sniffer dogs inside the the ground to greet you? This means the concourse side of the turnstiles, where you were funneled through by stewards to walk past the dogs. 

Ignoring the first sentence, met a couple of Villa on the train back to London Bridge, decent blokes interesting chat and perspective on the game and the players. For what its worth you've get some proper decent players in that team.

Offline Three Spires Villa

Re: Millwall on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:37:03 PM »
No, didn't see any police dogs, however I was in the ground at 1.30

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:44:48 PM »
Got the 14:44 out of London Bridge and no dogs then either at 5 to 3.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 01:45:54 PM »
I think the two decent Villa fans were me and my son.  The fact that I had been threatened with arrest by the Old Bill for shouting at the police made me acceptable. 

Offline London Wall

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 01:56:25 PM »
Thanks for that.

A lot of the home support are a bit pissed off with MET (yet again) at having this put upon us.  I could really bore you with the continuous and ongoing restrictions, friction and confrontation that is life of a Millwall supporter, not looking for sympathy here, its just how it is.   And some would say you reap what you sow.

Cheers

Offline London Wall

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 02:09:13 PM »
I think the two decent Villa fans were me and my son.  The fact that I had been threatened with arrest by the Old Bill for shouting at the police made me acceptable.

Ha. They love an easy nick.

Amongst a range of many other things they have started to let the away support out to South Bermz station first, through the designated walkway (cowards walk has it is known to us)  thus holding back the home support. Not sure this happened on Saturday, however I ran out on the final whistle to beat this tactic and managed to get the 5:05.

There is a special relationship between us and London's finest which is too long to go into here and not really of interest to Villa support.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »

Amongst a range of many other things they have started to let the away support out to South Bermz station first, through the designated walkway (cowards walk has it is known to us)  thus holding back the home support. Not sure this happened on Saturday, however I ran out on the final whistle to beat this tactic and managed to get the 5:05.

There is a special relationship between us and London's finest which is too long to go into here and not really of interest to Villa support.

I for one would love to hear it.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »
I’m in.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 06:06:31 PM »
Thanks for that.

A lot of the home support are a bit pissed off with MET (yet again) at having this put upon us.  I could really bore you with the continuous and ongoing restrictions, friction and confrontation that is life of a Millwall supporter, not looking for sympathy here, its just how it is.   And some would say you reap what you sow.

Cheers

We have seen it at most games this season and last. Sniffing for pyro I'd imagine.

Bizarrely Millwall was one of the lighter police presences we've had this season.

And I can confirm we were held back in the pissing rain for the train. You couldn't get out the other way either.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:08:05 PM by Ads »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 08:23:47 PM »
Have Millwall sorted the stuff regarding the future of the Den yet?

Offline London Wall

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »
Thanks for that.

Cheers

We have seen it at most games this season and last. Sniffing for pyro I'd imagine.

Bizarrely Millwall was one of the lighter police presences we've had this season.

And I can confirm we were held back in the pissing rain for the train. You couldn't get out the other way either.

Generally the police presence for away support is fairly light, the Den is one of the safest grounds in the country. Very rarely any trouble, and first stop out of there is London Bridge probably more cameras and OB per sq ft than anywhere else in the country.

Offline London Wall

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »
Have Millwall sorted the stuff regarding the future of the Den yet?

Of a fashion, the club were abject in their response at the time, it was more the supporters digging up dirt on Lewisham Council followed by the Guardian newspaper. Once the press got their teeth into it the developers and the corrupt council had to back off.

Don't trust any of them though.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »
I couldn't believe how many coppers lined the walk from the station.And horses.Thought I was going to a royal wedding.
Great day bar the match.

Offline London Wall

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »

I for one would love to hear it.

I can post something, 1200+ words may be a bit long?

Offline London Wall

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 10:05:54 PM »
I couldn't believe how many coppers lined the walk from the station.And horses.Thought I was going to a royal wedding.
Great day bar the match.

TBH Millwall away should be decent day out, London Bridge is a great location these days (apart from cost) with plenty of boozers, places to eat and just the general vibe of the area. Better than lots clubs/grounds that are located in and around out of town shopping centres.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal