collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 18621 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Bristol City Vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »
What's wrong with taking a draw? That actually wouldn't be the worst result as Bristol are decent on their home turf but would be yet another game we wouldn't win.

Just saying for all those wanting to lose then we miss out on top 6 by a point at the end of the season.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2018, 06:44:36 PM »
It's all very well talking about the hypotheticals of whether it's worth it, what's the longterm benefit, all that, but when that whistle blows the only thing I ever want is for the guys with the lion on their crest to batter the fucking piss out of whatever bullshit is wearing different shirts, and that will never change.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2018, 07:01:13 PM »
It's all very well talking about the hypotheticals of whether it's worth it, what's the longterm benefit, all that, but when that whistle blows the only thing I ever want is for the guys with the lion on their crest to batter the fucking piss out of whatever bullshit is wearing different shirts, and that will never change.

Fuck, yeah!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2018, 11:09:23 PM »
We go again. I have no doubt we'll score less than them.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2018, 05:13:22 AM »
I know they have lost the last two but they will probably be a different proposition at their place.
If we play like the vast majority of the season so far, I can only see a defeat, 0-1.
Hope I'm wrong of course.
UTV

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2018, 06:15:10 AM »
2-1 to us. Hopeful prediction more than anything. Abraham with the winner.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2018, 06:57:08 AM »
I can’t see us winning this one, a draw at very best.

It comes to something when I don’t think we have enough about us to come away from Bristol happy.

Offline Little Class

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2018, 07:05:55 AM »

Totally agree, it's in the blood to feel like that.  And they have 2 lions now on their shirts.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2018, 08:08:40 AM »

Totally agree, it's in the blood to feel like that.  And they have 2 lions now on their shirts.

Two lions on a shirt
Eight years of hurt

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
It's hard to imagine us winning this.  Which is a fucking disgrace when you look at the quality in our squad.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »
I've seen on another forum Villa 'supporters' wanting us to lose on Friday to hasten Bruce's departure.

What's this forum's thoughts on this?

I find it ridiculous that any supporter would ever want their own team to lose. In this instance it'll just mean we're further off reaching our target for this season (promotion) and with absolutely no knowledge that another loss or even two, three losses would see the club change the manager anyway

I find that point of view just as ridiculous to be honest.  As if one game is more important than our long term success.  Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards.  If losing the next game guaranteed Bruce getting the chop, then so be it.  He isn't going to get us promoted, so by wanting to keep Bruce, you're prepared to both lose games, miss out on promotion and stick with dismal football.  No thanks.

I like you Risso, but you don't half talk some bollocks sometimes. 😉

If we're winning he doesn't need to go. When we lose, which we will, pot him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »

He's always going to win *some* matches.  The point is, he won't win enough to get us up, and generally the style of play is dreadful.  I'd rather he was potted sooner rather than later to give us a better chance of going up.  So it's not "wanting" to lose, just a grim acceptance, a bit like putting a shit side out in the EFL Cup, that if it happens and he goes, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.  Hopefully that explains it a bit better.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:38:08 AM by Risso »

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2018, 10:46:28 AM »
I have the dubious pleasure of being able to watch this from home tomorrow and have little appetite it has to be said.

I liked Bruce until this season and some of the shitty things he's come out with, the overall feeling at the club is negative and I don't think will improve while he is here.

If we in 10-0 I still maintain that we will finish just outside the play offs, just fall short or even mid table. Buying players and hoping for the best got us through last season but it's a wafer thin philosophy and it's collapsing at the moment.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »

He's always going to win *some* matches.  The point is, he won't win enough to get us up, and generally the style of play is dreadful.  I'd rather he was potted sooner rather than later to give us a better chance of going up.  So it's not "wanting" to lose, just a grim acceptance, a bit like putting a shit side out in the EFL Cup, that if it happens and he goes, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.  Hopefully that explains it a bit better.

Ah, well that's different and I agree. Sooner the better. As I've said before, 7-0 win and Bruce sacked for it not being 8 would be my ideal.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2018, 12:04:55 PM »
I've gone for a draw, we'll concede, that's almost inevitable, but I think we'll have enough to get one ourselves, 1-1  - Chester for us from a corner.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal