collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yannick Bolasie - Returned to Everton  (Read 82994 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Yannick Bolasie - Returned to Everton
« Reply #570 on: January 22, 2019, 08:47:53 AM »
I think getting him off the wage bill will enable us to go out and get two or three player's in place of him instead of paying him that amount of money each week.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #571 on: January 22, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »
I think it's relevant who activated it.  If it was activated by us you may think it was part of a wider plan, possibly involving more than just recalling Green.  As it's activated by the player we don't know if Smith is ok with it or left a bit in the lurch with 9 days left in the transfer window.

Personally I thought he flattered to deceive, but if we got to the play off final I would have liked to have him as an option in a one off big game. 

I hope we weren't paying his full wages though, £70k is madness for a Championship club with FFP concerns. 

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #572 on: January 22, 2019, 09:59:47 AM »
According to some reports, he had a clause put in his loan that said he could pack up after Jan 20th, so he texted Villa to inform them that he wouldn't be coming back on Sunday night.
Waste of space, attitude was wrong from the start, good riddance show pony.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #573 on: January 22, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »
looks like a case of quit before you're sacked to me. If he heads off on loan elsewhere before the end of the month I stand corrected.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #574 on: January 22, 2019, 10:32:22 AM »
According to some reports, he had a clause put in his loan that said he could pack up after Jan 20th, so he texted Villa to inform them that he wouldn't be coming back on Sunday night.
Waste of space, attitude was wrong from the start, good riddance show pony.
Howard Hodgeson knows his agent and has confirmed we were in fact picking up his entire wage. Absolutely f'ing criminal waste of money

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #575 on: January 22, 2019, 11:35:32 AM »
GOOD RIDDANCE YOU USELESS FUCKING YAMPY ******

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #576 on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:40 AM »
It’s all a bit strange after he was ‘supposedly’ commenting on Tammy leaving via social media.

Offline Ketzster

• GM : 06.12.2020
« Reply #577 on: January 22, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »
I think it's relevant who activated it.  If it was activated by us you may think it was part of a wider plan

Yes I agree with this. Bolasie activating it gives more cause for concern. From what I saw against Swansea in the cup, away at Wigan and the first half against Hull, it looked like the players had no interest in playing for the manager. Whatever your thoughts on his performances, Bolasie choosing to go back only adds to that impression. It was hardly as though he was sitting on the bench every week

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2019, 12:48:40 PM »
I think it's relevant who activated it.  If it was activated by us you may think it was part of a wider plan

Yes I agree with this. Bolasie activating it gives more cause for concern. From what I saw against Swansea in the cup, away at Wigan and the first half against Hull, it looked like the players had no interest in playing for the manager. Whatever your thoughts on his performances, Bolasie choosing to go back only adds to that impression. It was hardly as though he was sitting on the bench every week

If true, then likely because Smith has read them the riot act and many of them have thrown their dummy out of the pram - I said on another thread that this squad has serious character flaws and aside a few, most don’t fit the mould of what you need to succeed - raw talent isn’t enough - so good riddance, they can fuck off too

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #579 on: January 22, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »
He has his' brand' to look after. If you're struggling to make the grade in the championship then why the hell would you draw attention to it by staying here for another 6 months? That's the risk for premiership players stepping down on loan, you can end up damaging your value to the club loaning and you're future earnings. It's why we got stuck with loads of deadwood during the Lerner years

Offline Villa75

« Reply #580 on: January 22, 2019, 12:59:48 PM »
Some of these comments remind me of my mate, when his wife left him.

"Yes, she left me. But she only did that because she knew I'd get rid of her one day. Probably. She wasn't good enough for me anyway!"

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #581 on: January 22, 2019, 01:03:27 PM »

"Yes, she left me. But she only did that because she knew I'd get rid of her one day. Probably. She wasn't good enough for me anyway!"

She probably kept promising him the earth - but always let him down before the climax.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #582 on: January 22, 2019, 01:07:55 PM »

She probably kept promising him the earth - but always let him down before the climax.

Unfortunately, it was the other way around. 😂

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #583 on: January 22, 2019, 01:29:59 PM »

The players had no interest playing for the manager first half against Hull but then after a half time cuppa they decided they were wrong and should play for him instead. Fuck me, there's some shite spouted here sometimes.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #584 on: January 22, 2019, 02:47:27 PM »

The players had no interest playing for the manager first half against Hull but then after a half time cuppa they decided they were wrong and should play for him instead. Fuck me, there's some shite spouted here sometimes.

We hardly stormed the 2nd half! The first half was so embarrassingly poor that a mediocre 2nd half looked better than it actually was.

They lost a defender to injury just before we scored almost on half time, despite us not being in the game. I would suggest them losing a player, and our late first half goal, probably lifted our players up to the dizzy heights of mediocrity, rather than Smith's half time team talk.

Either way, we shouldn't exaggerate the 2nd half performance above what it was. We had 2 shots on target the whole game. At Home. To Hull.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal