collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yannick Bolasie - Returned to Everton  (Read 83004 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Yannick Bolasie - Signed on Loan
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2018, 03:14:34 PM »
Still frustrating and inconsistent...flashes of genius one minute followed by idiotic decision making the next.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #376 on: December 25, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
Amazing how a defeat amplifies the criticism. Bolasie is one of the most exciting players I've seen in a Villa shirt for years. It's not his fault we have a collander for a back four and an absolute clown shoes for a keeper.

Offline KRS

« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »
Each to their own but I’d say that’s more indicative of the lack of quality or exciting players we’ve had for years than testament to Bolasies abilities. He can be exciting because no one can second guess what he’s going to do next...not even himself! Perfect example being that amazing piece of skill taking out 2 Leeds defenders...then that facepalm moment a few minutes later.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 07:33:13 PM by KRS »

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #378 on: December 25, 2018, 09:21:42 PM »
He's got quite a few goals and assists already

I think he's done a fair bit more standard wing play than I'd expected. Knock it past a man and whip it in

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
He's put my mind at rest in regards to worrying he would be a new N Zogbia, he's got a far better attitude than he had and is more effective as a result. He's also pretty damn entertaining at times, but to say he's one of the best of recent years even as shite as we've been would be a major overstatement. Snodgrass and for the most part Adomah were both better last season for starters.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #380 on: December 26, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »
they were incomparably better,  on assists and goals alone

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #381 on: December 26, 2018, 05:23:30 PM »
I'm still struggling to see what he brings to the party other than a couple of circus tricks. He's strong and powerful but not the footballer I've heard so many say he is. Maybe better on the other flank or coming off the bench but right now I just find him completely frustrating.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #382 on: December 26, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »
I'm still struggling to see what he brings to the party other than a couple of circus tricks. He's strong and powerful but not the footballer I've heard so many say he is. Maybe better on the other flank or coming off the bench but right now I just find him completely frustrating.
Which is pretty much what Everton fans say about him even allowing for his injuries

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2018, 10:46:26 PM »
The think is he is stil more likely to pull something off than Adomah or the el gaz

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #384 on: December 27, 2018, 01:02:30 AM »
The think is he is stil more likely to pull something off than Adomah or the el gaz

Over 90 minutes? He's talented but from what I've seen, not a footballer. Circus act? Absolutely. If ever there was a footballer where the phrase, 'Shit or get off the pot' counted so much, he is that player. I'm not blaming his effort, I just don't think he's a £2.5m player, never mind a £25m player.

Snoddy he ain't but with his talent he could be so much more. Looks like a talent that missed or dismissed the training. I wish him the best but for me he's another passenger. All fart, no shit.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #385 on: December 27, 2018, 01:12:10 AM »
He's frustrating but he contributes loads. His pass to Hutton in the build up to the goal was excellent. Pretty much every game he's played he has been involved in either creating chances or being on the end of them. But i've always loved unpredictable wingers, you know a lot of the time it won't come off but every time they get the ball you wonder if it's going to be one of those moments of brilliance you'll never forget.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #386 on: December 27, 2018, 02:32:40 AM »
He's frustrating but he contributes loads. His pass to Hutton in the build up to the goal was excellent. Pretty much every game he's played he has been involved in either creating chances or being on the end of them. But i've always loved unpredictable wingers, you know a lot of the time it won't come off but every time they get the ball you wonder if it's going to be one of those moments of brilliance you'll never forget.

Ah, Tony Daley...

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #387 on: December 27, 2018, 09:09:05 AM »

Over 90 minutes? He's talented but from what I've seen, not a footballer. Circus act? Absolutely. If ever there was a footballer where the phrase, 'Shit or get off the pot' counted so much, he is that player. I'm not blaming his effort, I just don't think he's a £2.5m player, never mind a £25m player.

Snoddy he ain't but with his talent he could be so much more. Looks like a talent that missed or dismissed the training. I wish him the best but for me he's another passenger. All fart, no shit.

Apart from all those goals he’s set up...

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #388 on: December 27, 2018, 09:13:35 AM »
When fit I feel that he and Albert will get the most game time as they’ve reacted far better to Dean’s style out of the 4 wingers we’re using and do the most tracking back and stay at far post to rescue wasted crosses from the opposite side.
Thoughts ?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #389 on: December 27, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »
I agree. They seem to have a genuine rapport too. El Ghazi is probably a better player but is far more inconsistent. 1 and a half good games and he thinks he’s Ronaldo.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal