collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:05:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yannick Bolasie - Returned to Everton  (Read 82998 times)

Offline achilles

Re: Yannick Bolasie - Signed on Loan
« Reply #345 on: December 16, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »
Bolasie offers very little, if any, defensive cover therefore expecting the fullback to overlap leaves us extremely exposed if Bolasie loses the ball.
Compare him to Adomah on the left, who may not be quite so talented but works offensively and defensively, much more solid option.
Think sometimes that he is a better option being used as a substitute, coming on later on in games when the opposition are tired.

His stats are 15 appearances, 11 as sub, 2 goals and 4 assists, nothing startling for a £25 million PL player, perhaps there is more to come?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #346 on: December 16, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »
His stats are 15 appearances, 11 as sub, 2 goals and 4 assists, nothing startling for a £25 million PL player, perhaps there is more to come?

He's spent the equivalent of 6 full games on the pitch. I'll take an average of a goal or assist every game plus the load of other chances he's been involved in that weren't converted.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #347 on: December 16, 2018, 09:56:21 PM »
It's mad that after the recent campaign for Bolasie to start matches, within 2 full appearances, people are questioning him.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #348 on: December 16, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
Bolasie offers very little, if any, defensive cover therefore expecting the fullback to overlap leaves us extremely exposed if Bolasie loses the ball.
Compare him to Adomah on the left, who may not be quite so talented but works offensively and defensively, much more solid option.
Think sometimes that he is a better option being used as a substitute, coming on later on in games when the opposition are tired.

all I know is I get more excited when Bolasie gets the ball and is running at the opposition than when Albert does

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #349 on: December 17, 2018, 08:43:13 AM »
It's mad that after the recent campaign for Bolasie to start matches, within 2 full appearances, people are questioning him.

Maybe they're seeing that he's better deployed as a sub.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #350 on: December 17, 2018, 08:56:40 AM »
He's still building up match fitness after so long out. It doesn't happen overnight. He still provided a quality cross for Kodjia to score.

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #351 on: December 17, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »
Bolasie is a “bums off seats” winger who is perfect for this team. He is frustrating at times as most wingers are. What he can offer is a cross like the one for Kodjia on Saturday, McGinn’s goal at Derby or Tammy’s at Boro.   

Offline KRS

« Reply #352 on: December 17, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »
“Inconsistent” and “frustrating” are 2 words I would use to describe Bolasie...which is a significant improvement on what I thought about him against Swansea! He’s been playing well recently but he had a mare on Saturday even though he still put in the cross for the equaliser...he’s capable of the sublime but equally capable of blasting or shanking one into the Holte, or giving away possession cheaply. If the shit can be trained out of him then hopefully he’ll produce more sublime than crap.

Online Clampy

« Reply #353 on: December 17, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »
Like I said a few days ago, he's wasted out on the left wing. Play him on the right and he will be a lot more effective. I think overall he's been pretty decent given the amount of match time he's had.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #354 on: December 17, 2018, 10:58:56 AM »
Based on the positions he gets himself into you expect more end product.
But what a talent.

Online Dave P

« Reply #355 on: December 17, 2018, 11:00:15 AM »
Like I said a few days ago, he's wasted out on the left wing. Play him on the right and he will be a lot more effective. I think overall he's been pretty decent given the amount of match time he's had.

I noticed on Saturday that a lot of our early attacks started from our right with Bolasie.  He then swapped with El Ghazi and we attacked a lot more down the left.  Whether it is a deliberate ploy to feed Bolasie more often or whether he was getting in the game more then El Ghazi, who was quiet all game.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #356 on: December 17, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »
Bolasie is turning out better that I expected but he's exactly the type of player I expected in that he's dangerous but massively inconsistent. My concern was always that he wouldn't be consistent enough to be worth the cost, right now he's just about on the right side of that so I'm happy with him but he's still not as good as he should be.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2018, 02:46:18 PM »
Bolasie is turning out better that I expected but he's exactly the type of player I expected in that he's dangerous but massively inconsistent. My concern was always that he wouldn't be consistent enough to be worth the cost, right now he's just about on the right side of that so I'm happy with him but he's still not as good as he should be.

Exactly my point he is no superstar but an adequate player at this level.  My biggest grip about him is that he is constantly moaning.  Enjoy the game man.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #358 on: December 17, 2018, 02:51:35 PM »
He's the type of player that can win you games on his own at this level. He's not consistent enough for the PL and not someone if we do go up I'd like to last our 30m on. Everton got mugged.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #359 on: December 17, 2018, 03:31:27 PM »
He's the type of player that can win you games on his own at this level. He's not consistent enough for the PL and not someone if we do go up I'd like to last our 30m on. Everton got mugged.

Wasn't he very good at Palace? That was a mess of an Everton side last season and very few if anyone shined in it. Wouldn't hold it against him.

Bolasie's pace and strength will always help him in this division but he hasn't come close to someone like Snodgrass' impact thus far.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal