collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ipswich Town vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 10949 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Ipswich Town vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »
Win today please Villa.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
I'd go with
Nyland
Elmo Chester Axel Hutton
Thor Whelan
Mcginn Grealish Green
Kodjia

I like this team.

So do I.

The formation certainly suits us especially away from home. 

Would make us a bit narrower/tighter in centre and also carry more of goal threat.

Plenty of squad rotation options too without changing the system when it comes to midweek.

I go for Hourihane over Green at Ipswich - gives him a bit of time to get over Yeovil then bring him back midweek.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2018, 09:45:04 AM »
Here’s another one of him- same week. Maybe Ipswich won for a change...

Moët is sooooo 80s

I wonder if he's still running down his unopened stock?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2018, 09:52:19 AM »
0-2

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
Here’s another one of him- same week. Maybe Ipswich won for a change...

Moët is sooooo 80s

I wonder if he's still running down his unopened stock?

I get the feeling not much remains un-opened with Mr Brazil. He's the first person who needs planning permission for his head.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
Comfortable win.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
On checking the records, yes alright I know I'm sad, 1930 was the last time we won our first 4 games, so, stating the obvious, history is against, plus despite the results, the performances have not been great, so I'm going for a draw 1-1, forever pessimistic.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »
well we've been far from convincing so far despite the 2 wins. either we're gonna gradually improve performance wise and tighten up the defence or someone is going to punish us. Haven't got a scoobie what to predict except Ipswich were probably The average championship side last season so a win or a draw away to them is going to be what we need to be in the mix.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2018, 12:07:45 PM »
well we've been far from convincing so far despite the 2 wins. either we're gonna gradually improve performance wise and tighten up the defence or someone is going to punish us. Haven't got a scoobie what to predict except Ipswich were probably The average championship side last season so a win or a draw away to them is going to be what we need to be in the mix.

You are spot on with saying they were the average Championship side last season. They finished bang in the middle in twelfth place. I must admit I thought they had finished lower than that.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
I'd love to think our winning run will continue today, however, I've got a feeling that we'll end up with a less-than-juicy point. Ipswich don't look like they'll be pulling (ploughing?) up any trees any time soon, but our defensive shortcomings will eventually cost us big-time if they ain't sorted: and today could be just the day mistakes will do for us. Here's hoping what I've just offered is a complete load of ol' bollards - & we give those big-eared simpletons a right good hammering.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2018, 12:35:01 PM »
Dour game with a lucky away win.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »

You are spot on with saying they were the average Championship side last season. They finished bang in the middle in twelfth place. I must admit I thought they had finished lower than that.

yeah there's a couple of teams who you look at and think "well they're not going to do anything other than maybe flirt a few times with the play-offs or the lower half of the table. Ipswich are gonna be steady at home and pretty duff on their travels so its the sort of game we have to pick up something from to sustain a challenge. Norwich are another one.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »
I was watching the thing on youtube about our championship winning year the other day.  Some of the players still seem embittered by the Ipswich players behaviour in our tunnel after they beat us late that season, thinking they'd won the title in doing so.  Funny how that stuff sticks. 

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2018, 01:29:48 PM »
Can someone suggest which radio stations are favourite for keeping alive to how the game goes?

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2018, 01:42:52 PM »
Expect to win this one think Ipswich will be right down there this season.  But have a feeling it will end 1-1.  Jack to get ours.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal