collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

Re: FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:31:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Re: Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 230127 times)

Offline pbavfckuwait

Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2018, 11:58:08 AM »
Tom it is that bad, yet again we have gone down the Bruce path, if it comes off we have polished some other clubs turds and if we get promoted, the parent club will want top dollar, if we do not get promoted we are back to losing 4, 5 or 6 players and the circle starts again.
Mainly because the manager has no coherent plan or ability to build something with foundations and when he does play the kids, if they do not hit the ground and have a cracking game he throws them under the bus. I truly believe this guy is doing as much damage to us long term, if he is not got rid of soon as pube head did.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #226 on: September 24, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
If we can get rid of any FFP misdemeanours by taking a, say, 20 point sanction, promotion is already blown and there’s no point in getting rid of Bruce. Start again in the summer and hope for at least 70 points this season. Clearly Bruce couldn’t give a shit and that’s perhaps why he’s knocking fans and doing less and less. Stability whilst we get the points deducted is the only thing I can think of why they are not dumping him. A whole crowd Bolton-TSMii effort might be the only reason they change their stance as surely they can see the mans fucking clueless. This is all very frustrating and time wasting.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »
I'm hoping his reasoning is that it will be the Director of Football's decision to make, and that his job is to find and appoint that DoF.  That would make sense. That's what I'm clinging to anyway.

I'm guessing we've already identified and agreed terms with our new Sporting Director, why else would we get rid of most of the scouts? I'd imagine too that he's been told to draw up a shortlist of potential new managers. As Ads suggests, the international break looks the most obvious in terms of finally getting shot of Bruce.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »
Tom it is that bad, yet again we have gone down the Bruce path, if it comes off we have polished some other clubs turds and if we get promoted, the parent club will want top dollar, if we do not get promoted we are back to losing 4, 5 or 6 players and the circle starts again.
Mainly because the manager has no coherent plan or ability to build something with foundations and when he does play the kids, if they do not hit the ground and have a cracking game he throws them under the bus. I truly believe this guy is doing as much damage to us long term, if he is not got rid of soon as pube head did.

Agree with a lot of that, but the real danger a club in our situation faces is having a number of players on big contracts and wages who contribute nothing to the playing side and have no designs on leaving the club.  At least loan players can be moved on and they are actually going to play. 

Agree about having to replace them if a deal can't be reached in the summer, but we would at least be building from a bit stronger position if we did manage to get up.       

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2018, 01:03:40 PM »
If we can get rid of any FFP misdemeanours by taking a, say, 20 point sanction, promotion is already blown and there’s no point in getting rid of Bruce. Start again in the summer and hope for at least 70 points this season. Clearly Bruce couldn’t give a shit and that’s perhaps why he’s knocking fans and doing less and less. Stability whilst we get the points deducted is the only thing I can think of why they are not dumping him. A whole crowd Bolton-TSMii effort might be the only reason they change their stance as surely they can see the mans fucking clueless. This is all very frustrating and time wasting.

What? If we aren't going up because of a 20-point sanction, then there is even more reason to get rid asap and get someone in to build rather than let him limp on, insulting the fans and providing turgid crap to watch to boot.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »
Wouldn't the sanction be next season?

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »
I disagree with you about getting rid of Bruce - under all circumstances, the sooner the better.
I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the 20 points deduction would be made in the subsequent season following the ruling; which would mean the 2019-20 season.

Actually, that would be more damaging than taking the hit this season.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #232 on: September 24, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »
I hadn’t realised it was next season. Sod that then, no reason at all not to get rid. In fact, get up this season to avoid the deduction.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #233 on: September 24, 2018, 02:53:59 PM »
I hadn’t realised it was next season. Sod that then, no reason at all not to get rid. In fact, get up this season to avoid the deduction.
There is an obvious flaw in your argument.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
Ahh so he's decided we need to be consistently shit then so we don't rock the boat. When we are firmly mid table next season in the Championship this fucker can take his portion of the blame if fat sack of shit Steve is still drunk at the wheel. We'll probably have Glenn Whelan at centre back next year, unless he's out of contract, like Bruce I haven't done my research so don't really have a clue.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »
who has actually stated that we may be hit by a 20pt deduction? That seems Dickensian and would surely be challenged legally?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2018, 03:14:05 PM »
If we carry on with our current points per game ratio we would finish in 12th place based on last seasons final Championship table. Last season Ipswich finished 12th and a 20 point deduction would have left them finishing 23rd and relegated.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #237 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »
who has actually stated that we may be hit by a 20pt deduction? That seems Dickensian and would surely be challenged legally?
It’s bollocks, the point deduction for FFP breach is new and there is no precedent.

Offline Steve67

« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2018, 04:13:42 PM »
There is an obvious flaw in your argument.

And as per usual it’s a patronising poster who points it out rather than reasoned attitude and  debate.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2018, 06:10:39 PM »
It’s bollocks, the point deduction for FFP breach is new and there is no precedent.

Until the rags set the precedent that is

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal