collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 230168 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #825 on: November 04, 2021, 08:11:11 PM »
agreed - the lack of good managers being available may be helping Smith keep his job.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #826 on: November 04, 2021, 08:36:54 PM »
Rumours whirling around that we have approached other managers informally, this really is not good for Dean Smith and a team already low on confidence , either come out and back him or make the changes now!

Might come across as "doing the dirty" on Smith if they are looking at other managers while he's still in situ, but its how football works - it gave up its morals along time ago.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #827 on: November 04, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »
Good managers by their very virtue aren’t normally available. It’s about going and getting them anyway. Ok,
Pep Guardiola ain’t gonna come but there will be others that will with the right persuasion and backing. Whenever Smith goes the next appointment will tells us an awful lot more about our owners and their ambition.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #828 on: November 04, 2021, 09:24:38 PM »
Rumours whirling around that we have approached other managers informally, this really is not good for Dean Smith and a team already low on confidence , either come out and back him or make the changes now!

Might come across as "doing the dirty" on Smith if they are looking at other managers while he's still in situ, but its how football works - it gave up its morals along time ago.

Doing his job and protecting the football club.  Sounds perfectly legit to me.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #829 on: November 05, 2021, 08:11:50 AM »
I remember years and years ago if another manager had been approached behind the current managers back it was massive news and looked at as really bad form and there was a big fallout

Now it just seems good business to look ahead and have Some sort of a plan

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #830 on: November 05, 2021, 08:32:07 AM »
I remember years and years ago if another manager had been approached behind the current managers back it was massive news and looked at as really bad form and there was a big fallout

It's not just football.  There's no shame in life anymore. 

Years ago, if politicians got caught shagging around behind their wife's back it was a resignable/sackable offence.  When Hancock got caught in the summer, the only bit anyone cared about what that he broke his own social distancing rules!!!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #831 on: November 07, 2021, 04:03:53 PM »
More silver tongued words from this guy to-day, trouble is I’m beginning to believe him less and less. He oversaw a sh-tfest of a summer and part of where we are now is down to him and Lange (not only Smith). Still Purslow has a chance now to show that Aston Villa mean business and it better not be with gerrard, Terry or Lampard.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #832 on: November 07, 2021, 04:36:00 PM »
More silver tongued words from this guy to-day, trouble is I’m beginning to believe him less and less. He oversaw a sh-tfest of a summer and part of where we are now is down to him and Lange (not only Smith). Still Purslow has a chance now to show that Aston Villa mean business and it better not be with gerrard, Terry or Lampard.
He’s got a big task here - him and Langes reputation has taken a hit - and they have just sacked our most successful and popular manager in a generation - he has overseen 300m spend and if he’s not careful he’s job will be the job under the spot light

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #833 on: November 07, 2021, 09:22:05 PM »
Big test for him, if he conjures up a manager with next to no top flight/football experience then it's pretty clear to me we'll not amount to anything for a long while yet.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #834 on: November 07, 2021, 09:28:17 PM »

Directors have a legal duty to look after the best interests of their company. It's perhaps nice to think that they'd now only start considering replacements, but the real and world and football doesn't work like that.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #835 on: November 25, 2021, 09:26:44 AM »
He was interviewed on radio 4 this morning, being asked about the proposed independent regulator for English football. Based on nothing other than interviews with him that I’ve heard,  there’s something about him that I don’t like. Anyone who starts their reply to a question with “look…”

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #836 on: November 25, 2021, 09:28:14 AM »
He was interviewed on radio 4 this morning, being asked about the proposed independent regulator for English football. Based on nothing other than interviews with him that I’ve heard,  there’s something about him that I don’t like. Anyone who starts their reply to a question with “look…”

If he wasn't our CEO he'd be a Tory cabinet minister.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #837 on: November 25, 2021, 09:34:44 AM »
Struck me that he is against “over regulating” the Premie League, that it will “kill the golden goose”. Which sounds to me like he doesn’t want regulators sniffing around in case they actually find anything. Which sounds a bit, you know, dodgy to me.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #838 on: November 25, 2021, 09:36:22 AM »

yep. same here. To me he's in the Woodward/Kenyon mould. Probably ace at marketing and growing brands, but you get the feeling the footballing side isn't their main priority.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #839 on: November 25, 2021, 09:37:13 AM »

It's not just football.  There's no shame in life anymore. 

Years ago, if politicians got caught shagging around behind their wife's back it was a resignable/sackable offence.  When Hancock got caught in the summer, the only bit anyone cared about what that he broke his own social distancing rules!!!

Dunno about that. Plenty of shaming to be had. Cancel culture is tipped to be on-trend until 2029.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal