collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92474 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #720 on: July 01, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
Reports on Twitter that we can't even afford free transfers. How low have we etc.
Well that should be a known fact. If the club is financially constrained it can not enter into new costly contracts with players even if there is no fee involved. Some minuscule brain cell can figure that out.

Which makes the new contract for Hutton even more baffling (even when seen through the eyes of retaining a player and reducing the wage bill)

I don't know if its that baffling really. you have a set bill of outgoing wages., so you re-sign the player on less so that brings the wage bill down. He can play in more than one position so allows you to get rid of others in theory. He's costing you nothing in transfer and signing-on fees. If you take the view that someone has to play there next season then it seem very sensible financially.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #721 on: July 02, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »
Anything from nobhead today anywhere or are they all still in hiding, occasionally writing a sentence of gobbledeegook on twitter?

Offline Eiresvillan

« Reply #722 on: July 02, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »
Reports on Twitter that we can't even afford free transfers. How low have we etc.
Well that should be a known fact. If the club is financially constrained it can not enter into new costly contracts with players even if there is no fee involved. Some minuscule brain cell can figure that out.

Which makes the new contract for Hutton even more baffling (even when seen through the eyes of retaining a player and reducing the wage bill)

I don't know if its that baffling really. you have a set bill of outgoing wages., so you re-sign the player on less so that brings the wage bill down. He can play in more than one position so allows you to get rid of others in theory. He's costing you nothing in transfer and signing-on fees. If you take the view that someone has to play there next season then it seem very sensible financially.

We have players that can play there that are already on the books. When is young Bree going to get his chance?

Saving money is saving money and getting rid of the old timers gives us more chance of keeping some of our better players(like Chester/Grealish).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #723 on: July 02, 2018, 03:48:40 PM »
Anything from nobhead today anywhere or are they all still in hiding, occasionally writing a sentence of gobbledeegook on twitter?

Is there any need for the teenage theatrics? Every post it's see how many pointless insults you can pack in.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #724 on: July 02, 2018, 04:08:50 PM »
Any of your famous predictions for the coming season?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #725 on: July 02, 2018, 04:26:20 PM »
Any of your famous predictions for the coming season?

Famous? You flatter me.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #726 on: July 02, 2018, 06:09:36 PM »
i wonder who is actually running the club at the moment.

Nobody seems to know. And it is worrying me enormously.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #727 on: July 02, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
I would imagine Round and doesn’t Sir Brian have some sort of senior advisory role? I would hope at minimum those two are involved in some significant capacity.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #728 on: July 02, 2018, 08:07:04 PM »
With the news he's turned down serious investment from 2 parties out of hand I think it's becoming apparent why Wyness was compelled to act. He belligerently clinging onto something he can't afford while the club is in a state of chaos. No summer plan is in place, no transfer budget, how in the squad. Not good at all. Someone asked what type of tool he is elsewhere, i can think of a few that need to be used on him at the moment.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #729 on: July 02, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
Shambolic from Xia. What a way to treat 19-20,000 Season ticket holders. He needs to sell-up fast, a complete incompetent fraud. He can't even communicate his thoughts coherently to the fanbase. The "board" is a joke....

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:37:03 PM by Villafirst »

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #730 on: July 02, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tony is so far down the pan that a part investor is no longer adequate. He wants to sell the lot is my gut feeling but wants to get back most of what he's spent.
Good luck with that Tony.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #731 on: July 03, 2018, 01:02:16 AM »
The bookies rarely get things wrong. Worryingly, we are only 7/1 to be relegated. For reference, Stoke are 66/1, WBA 40/1 and Boro 50/1.

(We are also 9/2 to be promoted and 14/1 to win the championship)

It's not looking bright, is it?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #732 on: July 03, 2018, 01:08:18 AM »
The bookies rarely get things wrong.

I take it you've missed the World Cup?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #733 on: July 03, 2018, 01:10:56 AM »
Or the fact odds are based on money going on rather than what bookies think.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #734 on: July 03, 2018, 07:00:58 AM »
As some prescient soul said on here a few weeks ago, only we seem capable of attracting successive billionaires who make Gerald Ratner look a  business mastermind

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal