collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92482 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #435 on: June 08, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »
Can any of the accountants say whether the depth of shit we are in has gone up or down?
If Tony has got 50million to put out fires then that is good news because going into Admin would be a disaster.
As I said before when you have a loss making business Money buys time, it is how you use that time is important.
Disclaimer I am not an accountant.

Online yammers

« Reply #436 on: June 08, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »
Rego (WM bias I know!) reckons the the supposed £50 million loan is BS

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #437 on: June 08, 2018, 02:58:05 PM »
Rego (WM bias I know!) reckons the the supposed £50 million loan is BS

Something going on at companies house though to go through next week.

Online yammers

« Reply #438 on: June 08, 2018, 02:58:56 PM »
Everything crossed for good news. Hell some half decent news would do!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #439 on: June 08, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »
That £6m outstanding to Fulham McCormack is the whole sorry mess in a nutshell. I wonder if we're crossing our fingers over that gentlemen's agreement someone posted about earlier in the week about the Play Off winners looking after the losers by passing-on the Wembley receipts.

Eamonn, that was me. I heard Conor MacNamara of 5 Live say this on the Phil Williams show on the Wednesday before the final.I am not on Twitter but if somebody asked him am sure he would reply as he comes across as decent and lucid.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #440 on: June 08, 2018, 05:38:57 PM »
That £6m outstanding to Fulham McCormack is the whole sorry mess in a nutshell. I wonder if we're crossing our fingers over that gentlemen's agreement someone posted about earlier in the week about the Play Off winners looking after the losers by passing-on the Wembley receipts.

Eamonn, that was me. I heard Conor MacNamara of 5 Live say this on the Phil Williams show on the Wednesday before the final.I am not on Twitter but if somebody asked him am sure he would reply as he comes across as decent and lucid.

Yep this is true.  For several years now the winners of Championship play off have forfeited any claim to takings from the final due to the amount they pick up from being in the PL compared to what the losers will receive for being in the Championship.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #441 on: June 08, 2018, 05:44:50 PM »
Do you know how much that is, roughly?

Phil Williams is a top broadcaster and a Villa fan.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #442 on: June 08, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
We had this debate before but fuck knows which thread it was on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2635366/QPR-Derby-strike-deal-Wembley-gate-receipts-worth-1-5m-Championship-play-final-loser.html

Suggests 1.5 + 1.5, so 60% of one month's shortall

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #443 on: June 08, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »
Yes. A Norwich fan I know said the same

Offline 260475

« Reply #444 on: June 08, 2018, 08:47:19 PM »
Any views from our commercial accounting types as to whether STH's are unsecured creditors? I am guessing they are.

In this scenario if I fork out £615 on a 18/19 ST, and then admin (or sale) happens, does the administrator (or new owner) have to let me continue to take my seat?

I only want to know I can watch games, without being squeezed for more, unless 'more' included an ownership share, and a committment not to chuck money around. (You can read that as chuck away on bench polishers, or crazy factoring deals)

UTV

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #445 on: June 08, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
Any views from our commercial accounting types as to whether STH's are unsecured creditors? I am guessing they are.

In this scenario if I fork out £615 on a 18/19 ST, and then admin (or sale) happens, does the administrator (or new owner) have to let me continue to take my seat?

I only want to know I can watch games, without being squeezed for more, unless 'more' included an ownership share, and a committment not to chuck money around. (You can read that as chuck away on bench polishers, or crazy factoring deals)

you would be an unsecured creditor which means that you could lose the money you pay if the Company goes into Administration, unless you pay by Credit Card and then you are protected under the Consumer Credit Act.
A new owner that buys the club out of Admin may have a problem in honoring the transaction because of preference issues.
So pay by Credit Card.

UTV

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #446 on: June 08, 2018, 10:16:00 PM »
If you’d only part paid you could actually be liable to pay the administrators the rest of the dough!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #447 on: June 08, 2018, 10:36:00 PM »
If you’d only part paid you could actually be liable to pay the administrators the rest of the dough!
No.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #448 on: June 08, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »
It's only a problem if you think Aston Villa are going to go kaput in the next 12 months. They're not. If we went into admin, then they'd have a problem selling us after pissing off 100% of the season ticket holders who'd lost all their money! not gonna  happen. Lots of half arsed clubs have got into deeper shit than us and came out the other side, so apart from the credit card advice i wouldn't worry

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #449 on: June 08, 2018, 10:58:35 PM »
Everyone's doom and gloom but this will all be sorted by the start of the season, i think most of this has been caused by a hands off owner and a piss poor CEO. I even think that there's a good chance Jack will be staying.
I want a new manager in because  as a club need these non performers to start earning their money and that's not going to happen under Bruce.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal