collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92468 times)

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #405 on: June 08, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

How about this: This American chap offers to buy 51% of the club from Tony Xia, at the club's current value (ie much less than Xia paid), on the condition that Xia invests that money back into the club. It wouldn't be Chinese money, so there should be no problem there. Written into the deal is that when/if we get promoted again, the remaining 49% is sold at the price Xia paid (which would be much less than what it would be worth). This way Xia saves face and makes a much smaller loss, the American chap gets himself a Premier League club at a shitshambles price and we can forget this ever happened.

Of course, in order to assure we were promoted we'd have to keep Jack and buy a load of old, largely shit players on massive wages have a well thought out, strategic plan that builds around a solid youth base. So that would be implemented.

In the unlikely event we don't get promoted in the next couple of years, well, then we're probably going to be really in the shit. But maybe being in the shit in two years sounds infinitely more appealing than being in the shit right now.

Could this scenario still be on the cards? Someone has given Tony (/Recon) £50 million for some shares, on the condition that the money goes back into the club to solve to immediate cashflow worries. That would explain where the money has appeared from all of a sudden, and the change to the share structure. I think..... I'm way out of my depth here!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #406 on: June 08, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
He really likes the Villa and hates the Blues, so he's OK by me.

How do you know that Risso?

A former neighbour of mine, a Hammer who dislikes their owners, told me that Jordan once said “ if I hear one more time Sullivan’s story of poor East End boy made good I’ll impale myself on one of his dildos”

Take a scroll through Jordan’s Twitter feed, always having a pop and taking the piss from the noses.

There was one message where he called us the only proper club in Birmingham.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #407 on: June 08, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »
But that's a fact more than an opinion. Even Dingles would state it!

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #408 on: June 08, 2018, 09:23:45 AM »
I wonder if there’s anything in this American who’s reported to be interested in buying us?

How about this: This American chap offers to buy 51% of the club from Tony Xia, at the club's current value (ie much less than Xia paid), on the condition that Xia invests that money back into the club. It wouldn't be Chinese money, so there should be no problem there. Written into the deal is that when/if we get promoted again, the remaining 49% is sold at the price Xia paid (which would be much less than what it would be worth). This way Xia saves face and makes a much smaller loss, the American chap gets himself a Premier League club at a shitshambles price and we can forget this ever happened.

Of course, in order to assure we were promoted we'd have to keep Jack and buy a load of old, largely shit players on massive wages have a well thought out, strategic plan that builds around a solid youth base. So that would be implemented.

In the unlikely event we don't get promoted in the next couple of years, well, then we're probably going to be really in the shit. But maybe being in the shit in two years sounds infinitely more appealing than being in the shit right now.

Could this scenario still be on the cards? Someone has given Tony (/Recon) £50 million for some shares, on the condition that the money goes back into the club to solve to immediate cashflow worries. That would explain where the money has appeared from all of a sudden, and the change to the share structure. I think..... I'm way out of my depth here!

The issuance of new shares to new owners would achieve this yes.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #409 on: June 08, 2018, 09:39:13 AM »
New shirt looks nice though, if we have a team to wear it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/footballlover63/status/1005001937278861313/photo/1

Offline nevillain

« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2018, 09:45:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/1004639118343770117?s=19

Thread worth a read, covers what I'm saying above about intenglibel ways in which Chinese govt controls outlow of capital
Interesting stuff.

Indeed it is. Loved Daves dig at the bitter geordie

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #411 on: June 08, 2018, 10:01:39 AM »

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #412 on: June 08, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »
Be interesting to see who the club get to model it.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #413 on: June 08, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
I don't believe for a second that Bree is on £23k per week

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
He'd barely have been on 5k at Barnsley coming through their youth system.

Can't really get excited about any new ownership. We've had the two most popular forms of owners in English football as our last two, American and Far east.

Both provided short term boost but hardly any long term plan.

Regardless of nationality we need someone who'll be committed to a long term rebuild and won't just chuck money at things to plug gaps as Xia obviously has done.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #415 on: June 08, 2018, 11:15:44 AM »
It does still mean that the Villa will owe Tony/Recon another £50m plus whatever he has already borrowed to get rid of him in future.

Still dreaming of the premier league then.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, has the extra payment we were due to make to Lerner noe expired? Pretty sure when he sold it was a condition of the deal he'd receive extra 20m if we were promoted but can't remember if that was in 2 or 3 yeaes of him selling.

So feasibilty that's an extra 20m going out of the club that should be floating around somewhere....unless it was going to come out of the 100m + for going up of course!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »
So he wont be due it then unless I'm missing something?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #417 on: June 08, 2018, 11:37:12 AM »
So he wont be due it then unless I'm missing something?

Just checked, it was two years.

So my question is...was this 20m going to come out of the extra premier league payments so is a phantom figure or did we have it ready to sent to Lerner at the final whistle on May 26th so we could use it at least to plug some of our financial gaps?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2018, 11:39:19 AM »
Ah I see.

I'd imagine he was in the same queue to get paid as the milkman and window cleaner.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2018, 11:40:25 AM »
That £6m outstanding to Fulham McCormack is the whole sorry mess in a nutshell. I wonder if we're crossing our fingers over that gentlemen's agreement someone posted about earlier in the week about the Play Off winners looking after the losers by passing-on the Wembley receipts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal