collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92497 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #390 on: June 08, 2018, 12:20:56 AM »
Look I did not say it had to make sense, but rules always have silly loopholes don't they

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #391 on: June 08, 2018, 12:27:26 AM »
Look I did not say it had to make sense, but rules always have silly loopholes don't they
No you might be right, turning up with some shiny share certificates might do the trick.
The big thing in China is to have lots of Chops these are seals and every official document has them.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2018, 12:34:04 AM »
It does still mean that the Villa will owe Tony/Recon another £50m plus whatever he has already borrowed to get rid of him in future.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2018, 12:40:23 AM »
It does still mean that the Villa will owe Tony/Recon another £50m plus whatever he has already borrowed to get rid of him in future.
Chasing a bad  loan with another loan is called the making love to a gorilla scenario,
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:45:35 AM by ChicagoLion »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2018, 12:49:10 AM »
So if it was as easy as buying new shares issued in your own company with another one why didn't we do it months ago when the money dried up instead of selling off future income and losing out? Smells like bullshit to me, doesn't make any sense.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2018, 02:05:08 AM »
So if it was as easy as buying new shares issued in your own company with another one why didn't we do it months ago when the money dried up instead of selling off future income and losing out? Smells like bullshit to me, doesn't make any sense.
The more we hear the less sense it makes.
What we do know is the CEO got fired and they could not pay HMRC.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2018, 05:45:24 AM »
Well we just don't know yet do we

I agree that borrowing money in china to invest in extra shares does seem odd. Doesn't solve ffp. Doesn't obviously get around the Chinese regulators. Doesn't do anything extra for cashflow that simply injecting cash wouldn't do.

But something is going on and hopefully we'll find out soon enough

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2018, 07:09:12 AM »
He probably didn't think he would need to. They gambled everything on us getting promoted.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2018, 07:12:33 AM »
Also won't it put us in further trouble with ffp? Which by the way is a total fuck up and needs to be ripped up and thought out properly.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2018, 07:23:13 AM »
He did buy Millennium Films. Its not a railroad in Eastern Africa.

With hindsight, that was probably the first indication Xia had a problem.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2018, 07:28:32 AM »
No the issuance of shares would increase the equity in the club not the debt. It’s still money coming into ththe club but not financed through borrowing.

I’m still scratching my head as since Tony / Recon owns pretty all of the club I don’t see why he’d need to do this unless it’s some technicality around the articles of association of the companies.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2018, 07:43:35 AM »
Also won't it put us in further trouble with ffp? Which by the way is a total fuck up and needs to be ripped up and thought out properly.

I suspect it’s either this or Administration.  This £50m will only be for the operating costs for the next few months.  The next stage will be the firesale to get rid of the wages and make us more sustainable;  I reckon these will go;

Elmo
Jedi
Whelan
Grealish
Chester
Kodjia

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2018, 07:50:49 AM »
He really likes the Villa and hates the Blues, so he's OK by me.

How do you know that Risso?

A former neighbour of mine, a Hammer who dislikes their owners, told me that Jordan once said “ if I hear one more time Sullivan’s story of poor East End boy made good I’ll impale myself on one of his dildos”

Take a scroll through Jordan’s Twitter feed, always having a pop and taking the piss from the noses.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #403 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:52 AM »

I suspect it’s either this or Administration.  This £50m will only be for the operating costs for the next few months.  The next stage will be the firesale to get rid of the wages and make us more sustainable;  I reckon these will go;

Elmo
Jedi
Whelan
Grealish
Chester
Kodjia

Elmo can't be on that much money

Bree on 23k a week, Lansbury on 30k a week, no wonder we are broke

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #404 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »

Elmo
Jedi
Whelan
Grealish
Chester
Kodjia

One of the arguments Man City has though when they were spending was that the club was debt free as financed solely through equity so FFP shouldn’t apply.

I guess this injection of cash through equity rather than debt maybe a way to get around this. Pay off all transfers fees due as this would in theory stop other clubs complaining if the alternative is us going into administration and not paying anything due to the same clubs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal