collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92509 times)

Offline GarTomas

Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2018, 10:07:22 PM »
I just don't get why anyone would want equity in villa? Not at a decent price anyway

That effectively what all owners have in a club.  Even Lerner had lent the club money suggesting debt and not equity but then part of the sale was clearing the same debt.

I know that. Once they're in they get sucked more in trying to sort it out. But isn't the suggestion here they someone else has put equity into a  massive loss making business that could be available at a knock down price in a matter of weeks or months?

Which is no different to getting a new owner! It suggests more to me that Xia is working on an approach where he can retain an interest.

Wyness talked about the impressive fans for the area in general which he may still want  and aim to deliver on.  He may need some assistance though in short term financing given the capital controls in China preventing him chasing good money after bad on the top flight.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #361 on: June 07, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »
Yeah but I don't get why anyone would buy us now considering our liabilities

If you want us at all, can't you wait a few months and we'll be in administration or at least available at a knock down price?

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:08 PM »
Once you’re in administration though there maybe certain decisions that you can’t reverse though.

Would you rather buy the club as is now, or when in administration after we’ve sold Grealish (so as we are now + x million)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2018, 10:28:24 PM »
There was another document listed on Companies House today, a resolution regarding a service contract.  I think these are usually when a director is given a service contract of greater than two years, but I can't really think why this would have been today.  Ads, any ideas?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/1004639118343770117?s=19

Thread worth a read, covers what I'm saying above about intenglibel ways in which Chinese govt controls outlow of capital

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »
Once you’re in administration though there maybe certain decisions that you can’t reverse though.

Would you rather buy the club as is now, or when in administration after we’ve sold Grealish (so as we are now + x million)

Depends on the price!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2018, 10:33:54 PM »
Yeah but I don't get why anyone would buy us now considering our liabilities

If you want us at all, can't you wait a few months and we'll be in administration or at least available at a knock down price?

If even a one season stay in the top division guarantees 160m additional revenue, as was widely reported around the playoff game, then it will be in a prospective buyers interest to get us as competitive as possible as soon as possible. That was the rationale Xia used when he took over and will be for any other prospective buyer lets not be kidding ourselves. Every day this debacle draws out, our odds for relegation decrease and promotion increase. Administration would cost us 12 points for starters.

The tipping point for Xia selling up cant be far off with the likes of Fulham and Brentford due money soon for the wildly unsuccessful McCormack and Hogan deals.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2018, 10:34:42 PM »
https://twitter.com/david_conn/status/1004639118343770117?s=19

Thread worth a read, covers what I'm saying above about intenglibel ways in which Chinese govt controls outlow of capital
Interesting stuff.

Offline Risso

« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:56 PM »

Depends on the price!

Indeed, get Villa for a knock down price, and hope that despite everything we can get promoted in the next year or two with a team of good youngsters. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #369 on: June 07, 2018, 10:40:28 PM »
Collymore thinks Tony has managed to get 50 million into the club from another business.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #370 on: June 07, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »
https://twitter.com/AVFCTransTweet/status/1004839687062802436?s=19

Yeah there are a few rumours like this

But this plus new equity? Seems unlikely?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #371 on: June 07, 2018, 10:57:37 PM »
For those that still don’t know what the resolution means I think it means the shareholders have decided to issue further shares for a new investor or investors to come in. I’m guessing that it’s Simon Jordan.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:13 PM »
There was another document listed on Companies House today, a resolution regarding a service contract.  I think these are usually when a director is given a service contract of greater than two years, but I can't really think why this would have been today.  Ads, any ideas?

You have to make service contracts available for inspection, but usually at the registered address, so it's unusual to see it on Companies House.

There are means to demand the production of a service contract under a resolution, but I cannot envisage why we'd have done that.

It's difficult to pick the bones out when we only have a small part of the picture.

Offline Risso

« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:20 PM »
For those that still don’t know what the resolution means I think it means the shareholders have decided to issue further shares for a new investor or investors to come in. I’m guessing that it’s Simon Jordan.

I'd be amazed if it was him.  He's surely very wary about getting involved with a football club again after his Palace days.  Plus he was on Talksport this morning and didn't give any impression along those lines at all.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #374 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/AVFCTransTweet/status/1004839687062802436?s=19

Yeah there are a few rumours like this

But this plus new equity? Seems unlikely?
Collymore saying Villa fans doing DD on, I guess he means Due Dilligence,  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal