collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92511 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2018, 09:13:52 PM »
In Italy I think a number of clubs have been liquidated and returned (fiorentina, Parma). I think Parma have won four successive promotions

If that happened to us does anyone have a sense of where West Midlands Village or Aston Vanilla would start from?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »
If there's one personal bright spot in all this for me, it's that I've never felt more connected to the club - I had no idea that we could both be such fuckwits with our finances.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »
Aston Villa are due c£15m in 2018-19 in parachute payments. I have discovered a sizeable amount of this has already been assigned to a bank and advanced in cash at a discount to the club. This appears already to have been spent (or the HMRC bill would not be a bother). #AVFC

Please mention who you are quoting in future posts.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »
Aston Villa are due c£15m in 2018-19 in parachute payments. I have discovered a sizeable amount of this has already been assigned to a bank and advanced in cash at a discount to the club. This appears already to have been spent (or the HMRC bill would not be a bother). #AVFC

We couldn't have had the 2018-19 parachute payments before the play off final because you wouldn't have known if we needed them or not. That was only 2 weeks ago, how can you spend the majority of £15m in two weeks? Sounds like bollocks.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »
Losing Andre Green for the 4 million being touted would be fit wrenching. This is really fucking shit.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »
What I don’t get is his grand plans for regeneration of Aston which presumably has nothing to do with being in the PL and can only have gone down the pan because the Chinese bloodline has been cut off. Oh I don’t fucking know ....

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2018, 09:18:50 PM »

We couldn't have had the 2018-19 parachute payments before the play off final because you wouldn't have known if we needed them or not. That was only 2 weeks ago, how can you spend the majority of £15m in two weeks? Sounds like bollocks.

Quite easily if you owe it all to HSBC, I imagine.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2018, 09:20:19 PM »

Edited.Misread.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »
Losing Andre Green for the 4 million being touted would be fit wrenching. This is really fucking shit.

I like what i've of seen of him but in reality he's started 8 league games in his career and hasn't exactly set the world alight, how much should we be getting for him? Or put it this way, if we were buying players (stop laughing/crying at the back) how much would you want us spending on him?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2018, 09:21:28 PM »
End of the day if tony was a total fuckwitt we could sell the entire 1st team squad for an average of £1m each and still survive well into November on running costs of 5m a month. My guess if we get offers for Kodjia, chester, grealish, adomah then at the firesale scale of the spectrum we'd still get 30m and into 2019 easily. Enough time to arrange a sale i think.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:10 PM »

I like what i've of seen of him but in reality he's started 8 league games in his career and hasn't exactly set the world alight, how much should we be getting for him? Or put it this way, if we were buying players (stop laughing/crying at the back) how much would you want us spending on him?

£100m please. All payable in the next couple of weeks if possible.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:19 PM »

But we don't owe them £15m and in fact still owe them as of now.

I was just speculating. I have no idea how much we owe, or to whom, but if we're acting this desperately then we owe it to somebody.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:08 PM »

By a click bait site.

Offline davidb

« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:20 PM »
On the bright side that estimate 5m a month loss includes wages of the loan players and the players who are out of contract, so it'll only be 3.5m a month come end of july...

yep i reckon with terry, snodgrass, gabby, hutton, grabban, samba, johnstone etc.. going thats the thick end of a million off it
so sell chester and jack to get in 30 odd million and hes won himself a year to get his assets out of china...

Offline jwarry

« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:52 PM »
End of the day if tony was a total fuckwitt we could sell the entire 1st team squad for an average of £1m each and still survive well into November on running costs of 5m a month. My guess if we get offers for Kodjia, chester, grealish, adomah then at the firesale scale of the spectrum we'd still get 30m and into 2019 easily. Enough time to arrange a sale i think.

Well I suppose we have been demanding a clear out for a while now so our dreams are coming true🤔

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal