collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by TopDeck113
[Today at 09:26:22 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:14:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 324178 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1890 on: July 19, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »
Even if this crowd were oil-rich with a bottomless pit of money and willing to splurge it all on a struggling football club, they wouldn't be able to. So it's a moot point.

What we really want, as others have said, is a consortium of very good business-people to come in and run the club in the vein of a - for example - Tottenham Hotspur.

They could "splurge" to their hearts content.  Take the punishment, and carry on.

That's great except the punishments now include points deductions, so how does that behaviour serve the club exactly?
Don’t be so bloody miserable.
When we are winning the European cup again we won’t care about the punishments.

We’re gonna be rich I tell ya*

*we’re not, of course.

There's a joke in there somewhere about rolling in the green stuff and enrichment but I dare not make it from a work computer
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:39:39 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1891 on: July 19, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
Oh no, please, no.............

I can't take the hope of Jack not going and then going!!!!!

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1892 on: July 19, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »
I haven't been this excited since I heard a Chinese billionaire was taking us over.  This time next year....

Yep, can't get my hopes built up too much to be honest after seeing how the last two billionaire owners panned out.  Will wait with caution to see how this unfolds.   

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1893 on: July 19, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »
I know we should never of let him get us in this shitty mess in the first place (and lots of very wealthy people have taken huge risks in the past - it is what sets them aside from us normal folk and why we never attain their riches) but if he manages to pull a deal off with someone that not only keeps the wolves from the door but also starts to turn us back a round then I for one will be eternally grateful to his skill and judgement*

* I obviously reserve the right to state he is a complete and utter ball sack if he doesnt

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #1894 on: July 19, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »
It's understood that a two-stage deal has been proposed consisting of majority control for the new party with the option of a potential takeover.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #1895 on: July 19, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »
Latest tweet from Gregg Evans

Understand that the Middle East group have lodged a two-stage offer. First for majority control, then a potential takeover in the future. Up to Tony Xia now, it seems. #avfc

Which is ideal for Xia , someone comes in sorts us out we get promoted and then he sells his remaing share and gets some return

On that subject does anyone recall whats owed to Randy , as I recall he was due more cash if we were promoted but I think it may have been limited to going up in 2 season ...

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1896 on: July 19, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »
Latest tweet from Gregg Evans

Understand that the Middle East group have lodged a two-stage offer. First for majority control, then a potential takeover in the future. Up to Tony Xia now, it seems. #avfc

Which is ideal for Xia , someone comes in sorts us out we get promoted and then he sells his remaing share and gets some return

On that subject does anyone recall whats owed to Randy , as I recall he was due more cash if we were promoted but I think it may have been limited to going up in 2 season ...

Think it was a free unicorn and a Micah Richards match worn shirt.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1897 on: July 19, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »

I don't ever want to see Xia's face again after this summer. He's got to sell up.

By all means they can agree a clause whereby he can get XXXXX if we get promoted any time soon, just as Randy did (and got fuck all) but i don't want him hanging around clinging on as he'll never set foot in Villa Park again without getting dogs abuse for what's happened, and rightly so

His ownership needs terminating.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #1898 on: July 19, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
Even if this crowd were oil-rich with a bottomless pit of money and willing to splurge it all on a struggling football club, they wouldn't be able to. So it's a moot point.

What we really want, as others have said, is a consortium of very good business-people to come in and run the club in the vein of a - for example - Tottenham Hotspur.

They could "splurge" to their hearts content.  Take the punishment, and carry on.

That's great except the punishments now include points deductions, so how does that behaviour serve the club exactly?

Well it depends if he can spend enough to get us to win the league by 13 clear points!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1899 on: July 19, 2018, 02:58:14 PM »
I know Bruce can do no right in some people's eyes and I'm now of the opinion he's not the right man but suggesting the development of Robertson is purely down to Liverpool is incredibly myopic and the reluctance to give him any credit in the improvement shown by Jack too.

I agree on Robertson (and said as much) but I'm not sure how the credit for Jack should be shared. This is a kid who we all knew could be great and last season was when that step up happened, is it because of something Bruce did or is a natural part of him maturing?  It's probably a mix of both (and many other things as well) but I suspect Jack would've turned out as a top player regardless of who was manager because he's he's just too talented not to, it just might've taken a little more or less time if things at the club had been different in the last 3-4 seasons. I'm not giving him no credit, I just don't know how much he deserves.

I'd say similar with Maguire as well because whilst he signed him he never showed any great faith in him and when Bruce left Hull Maguire was far from being even a first team regular let alone a £17m player.  Maybe he had the potential and needed to be coaxed along slowly to become who he is or maybe he needed to be trusted more earlier on and he only shone once he was given that trust.  I honestly don't know the answer and either way I wouldn't use it as a stick to beat him with when there are other, more obvious, flaws to his management.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1900 on: July 19, 2018, 03:01:31 PM »
I won't be happy until I see a Chinese flag for sale on EBay, collection from Birmingham B6

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #1901 on: July 19, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
Crikey, just had a look on Twitter - that place is amaxing for people getting their hopes up.....apparently they are coming in, scaking Bruce and appointing Terry Henry!!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1902 on: July 19, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »
Crikey, just had a look on Twitter - that place is amaxing for people getting their hopes up.....apparently they are coming in, scaking Bruce and appointing Terry Henry!!

LOL. There's getting your hopes up and sheer, painful delusion.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1903 on: July 19, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »
There were some Thierry Henry to Villa rumours on Twitter the other day, from a French website. I just ignored it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1904 on: July 19, 2018, 03:09:02 PM »
I'd be disappointed if we sacked Bruce and brought in Henry.

He's as thick as a house brick.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal