collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 322594 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1140 on: June 27, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
If, and it’s a massive if, he is talking to interested parties, the fact that he appears to have rejected a bid(s) should not be too disheartening.
I would expect he is holding out for the best price he can get, he isn’t going to give it up for cheap.
That said, he hadn’t better scare off potential buyers.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #1141 on: June 27, 2018, 11:33:10 AM »
If this latest bid from a European bidder met his requirements he should have accepted it, not knock it back, the sooner decision are made, the club sold, plans put in place, we can move on make plans for the coming season and hopefully turn around a dreadful summer of negativity, new buyers  in place, new manager in place, much needed new players, might keep Jack but even if that wasn't the case, useful money or we could loan him back as part the deal. he should get on with it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1142 on: June 27, 2018, 11:44:52 AM »
If this latest bid from a European bidder met his requirements he should have accepted it, not knock it back, the sooner decision are made, the club sold, plans put in place, we can move on make plans for the coming season and hopefully turn around a dreadful summer of negativity, new buyers  in place, new manager in place, much needed new players, might keep Jack but even if that wasn't the case, useful money or we could loan him back as part the deal. he should get on with it.

Given that he knocked it back, maybe it didn't meet his requirements?

Also raises an interesting question - do we want him to sell out to the first person to race with the cash around, or to wait till he gets an offer from someone who knows what they're doing?

Do we even have the luxury of time?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #1143 on: June 27, 2018, 11:51:28 AM »
Also raises an interesting question - do we want him to sell out to the first person to race with the cash around, or to wait till he gets an offer from someone who knows what they're doing?

The very last thing we need right now is another clueless owner.

And even if we do get one, we're still hampered by FFP and have bills to pay right ?

They're not going to make everything better and mean we don't need to sell Jack surely ?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1144 on: June 27, 2018, 11:53:01 AM »
No.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1145 on: June 27, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »
Fulham got bought out by a proper billionaire but he made it clear they weren’t going to spend their way out of the division.  It’s taken them four years but it worked.  Their key was holding onto Cairney.  I fear for us if we don’t hold onto Grealish.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #1146 on: June 27, 2018, 11:59:10 AM »

Given that he knocked it back, maybe it didn't meet his requirements?

Do we even have the luxury of time?

Interesting points, of course that's the risk, he claims other interested parties, he's now considering, 'Do we have the luxury of time' this is the nub of the matter, is it a case of act in haste, repent at our leisure, or should Xia, consider this point in the season and go with the realisation that we need to hit the ground running, get our campaign started, try and get out of the Championship, starting now. 

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1147 on: June 27, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »
Fulham got bought out by a proper billionaire but he made it clear they weren’t going to spend their way out of the division.  It’s taken them four years but it worked.  Their key was holding onto Cairney.  I fear for us if we don’t hold onto Grealish.

We won't hold onto Grealish mate.  We have to re-think how we set up in his absence.  I believe that is 433.

Offline achilles

« Reply #1148 on: June 27, 2018, 12:44:36 PM »
I don't really think Xia gives a toss who he sells too as long as they have the money and he can control the club (i.e. 51%).
That is the crux of the matter.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #1149 on: June 27, 2018, 12:48:57 PM »
...and that’s about as likely to happen as Jacob Rees-Moggs vision of a successful Hard Brexit

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1150 on: June 27, 2018, 12:53:27 PM »
I should say he's just trying to get the best deal if there are several interested parties. I would hope that new owners would mean selling Grealish to balance the books and then raising more money from other sales for new players, Hogan and Lansbury immediately spring to mind.
Maybe next summer there would be a bit more to spend.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1151 on: June 27, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »

We won't hold onto Grealish mate.  We have to re-think how we set up in his absence.  I believe that is 433.

I think I've said this before, but surely the only way a new owner is going to make any money out of this deal is if they get us promoted, and the sooner the better. With that in mind, surely our best hope is to keep Jack (assuming he'll give us another year), and build a young team around him. I wouldn't have thought any business will be conducted before a sale goes through, so that buys us(/Steve Round) a bit of time to come up with a proper plan for next season. A system, a style, a plan. And a plan b for if things aren't working.

This could be a massive opportunity to start getting things right. I really hope we take this one.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1152 on: June 27, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
So is there any hard evidence that he is in discussions and why would you start messing around with the share structures if you were negotiating a sale.
None of this makes sense.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1153 on: June 27, 2018, 02:24:22 PM »
How is it even possible we've ended up with an even more clueless charlatan than Lerner?  I have absolute zero confidence in Xia making the right choices for the good of Aston Villa in the short, medium or long term, what a fine mess you've gotten us into Tony.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1154 on: June 27, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »
Didn’t Lerner wax lyrical about him when he sold up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal