collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320683 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #1005 on: June 21, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
We have paid the tax bill in full and have enough working capital to last until Christmas. Doesn't mean our position financially is still not perilous mind

Was it more than one month's PAYE we owed then?  What's the plan for after Christmas then, I assume desperately trying to sell the club?

There has been more than one issue with HMRC. Essentially £50m has been carted in from China so we can pay the bills for the next few months. What the plan is after that I.e. what are we looking to slash the wage bill to or bring in on sales I have no idea. He doesn't appear keen on selling up though.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1006 on: June 21, 2018, 05:40:26 PM »
I do wonder if the initial shortfall was a deliberate slap to Wyness who had promised him promotion with Bruce and then when we missed out requested more funds. Whatever it was, there appeared to be a massive breakdown in communication between the two.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1007 on: June 21, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »
 John Percy
21 JUNE 2018 • 5:31PM
Aston Villa are set to avoid the threat of another financial crisis after owner Dr Tony Xia assured the Championship club around £5m in funds.

Villa are confident of paying this month’s pay-roll and tax bill on time, as it emerged talks were held this week with the Football League over their future plans.

Shaun Harvey, the EFL’s chief executive, has met with Villa officials and is understood to have received assurances that Xia is working hard to source outside investment and meet the club’s financial obligations.

Xia has been struggling with cash-flow issues in China and was late making a payment to HMRC in May, but has since provided the money to keep the club running for at least another month. It is understood the first round of June’s payments are due on Friday.

Though Villa’s problems are far from over, it suggests Xia remains determined to solve their financial worries and avert the nightmare scenario of administration.

Villa remain under pressure to raise over £40million over the next two transfer windows to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations, with the future of Jack Grealish still uncertain.

Grealish is a target for Tottenham Hotspur, as revealed by Telegraph Sport, and Mauricio Pochettino is set to test Villa’s resolve with an opening offer of £15m.

Chelsea and West Ham are also interested in the England Under-21 international, and it seems inevitable the homegrown attacker will be sold after Villa’s failure to beat Fulham in last month’s play-off final.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1008 on: June 21, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
According to The Telegraph today:

Villa are facing another £5million bill in the latest challenge for owner Dr Tony Xia. Villa have this month's pay-roll and tax to fund by the end of June and are under pressure to find the amount having recently settled a dispute with HMRC to avoid the threat of a winding-up order.

It just goes on and on and on.

It's not really a story is it. Breaking news Ads will have to meet a tax liability next Thursday when he's paid!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:58:29 PM by Ads »

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #1009 on: June 21, 2018, 06:38:42 PM »

Villa are facing another £5million bill in the latest challenge for owner Dr Tony Xia. Villa have this month's pay-roll and tax to fund by the end of June and are under pressure to find the amount having recently settled a dispute with HMRC to avoid the threat of a winding-up order.

It's not really a story is it. Breaking news Ads will have to meet a tax liability next Thursday when he's paid!

You're being ripped off Ads. The true HMRC deadline is 19 July!

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1010 on: June 21, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
Every club in the country have bills to pay so a story that Villa can pay them is a bit of a non-story.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1011 on: June 21, 2018, 09:31:14 PM »

You're being ripped off Ads. The true HMRC deadline is 19 July!

I can always tell the deadline for that as we get harried about clearing account balances for our bonus!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1012 on: June 21, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
In other news I paid my corporation tax yesterday, in full and early I’ll have you know.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #1013 on: June 21, 2018, 11:45:48 PM »
In other news I paid my corporation tax yesterday, in full and early I’ll have you know.

I won second prize in a beauty contest and d collected £25

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1014 on: June 21, 2018, 11:53:46 PM »
I gave Alan Hutton  another year’s  contract, do you think I’d do that if I had no money ?
Yours,
Dr Tony
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:59:09 PM by brentastonb6 »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1015 on: June 22, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »
yes but who leveraged the money?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1016 on: June 22, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »

I won second prize in a beauty contest and d collected £25

You have got enough there for almost a 50% deposit on one of the cheapest roads in London, Whitechapel Road or Old Kent Road.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1017 on: June 22, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
Dull isn't it?  Nearly three weeks since the play off final and nothing positive to report at all.  Hopefully things start to move forward next week with Bruce back at work.  At least he might confirm if we have any budget for incoming players, who is leaving etc.  Not a single peep from Tony.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1018 on: June 22, 2018, 09:13:09 PM »
At what point am I going to stop clicking on Evening Mail headlines, finally realising that they never actually report anything that hasn't been reported elsewhere or is just clickbait due to a trivial Instagram update?

Offline glinch

« Reply #1019 on: June 22, 2018, 09:19:03 PM »
At what point am I going to stop clicking on Evening Mail headlines, finally realising that they never actually report anything that hasn't been reported elsewhere or is just clickbait due to a trivial Instagram update?

I'm considering putting a block against it on my computer. Not to mention the fact have sections advertised for Liverpool and Man united - all for the clicks I know. Pure garbage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal