collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320682 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #870 on: June 16, 2018, 02:56:23 PM »
Billionaires do not fail to make month-end PAYE payments.

Then there's this article, which points out that Chinese currency controls are getting loser, not tighter.

https://supchina.com/2018/06/09/the-decline-of-aston-villa-under-its-enigmatic-chinese-owner/

There were those of us who were suspicious of his wealth when he rocked up, and unfortunately, it's hard to see how, with the club linked with threats of winding up orders, he can possibly have the wealth he claims he has.

We are in financial meltdown, if Xia was anywhere near as wealthy as some seem to think he is, we wouldn't have got anywhere near this utter mess.

Spot on. He is an absolute fraud. A billionaire with shit shoes, suits that don’t fit and using Uber..... 🤔

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #871 on: June 16, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »
Only we could out Carson Carson.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #872 on: June 16, 2018, 03:40:55 PM »

Did I miss Xia going to jail for criminal activity? Because if he’s a free man we haven’t come close to having an owner like that lot.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #873 on: June 16, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
Bizarre comment, really.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #874 on: June 16, 2018, 04:44:21 PM »
The company address is :

Add:19F, Tower D, Vantone Center, Chaowai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing

I take that as 19th Floor of that tower block.

I would be interested to know if its the whole 19th floor, or thats the floor for media comms etc of multiple floors (eg Regus temporary office space on the 26th floor). Or is it just part of the 19th floor ?

It appears they share the 19th Floor with others. The SMI Corporation Ltd also use it as their address, at least since 2014. They are listed as 'privately owned film producers (partial) and mention The Last Supper and The Guillotines as 'Representative Films Co-produced'.

There's a lot of Regus type office space for rent in the building but that's pretty much as you'd expect.

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #875 on: June 16, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »
From the Mail on Sunday 22 May 2016:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3602825/Saviour-dreamer-Sportsmail-talks-Aston-Villa-s-owner-waiting-Dr-Tony-Xia.html

The long-term plan include a football museum and theme park to attract football tourists from China and India, and the recruitment of young Chinese players to Villa’s academy, if not as formal scholars then on exchange programmes.

'I appreciate it’s a big deal for Villa fans,’ he says. ‘But actually in pure business terms, I’m working on acquisitions much bigger than this.’ He says, for example, that within months he will complete a $3.5bn takeover of a US logistics firm.

Xia says he will spend a lot of time in Birmingham over the next year, buying a house for himself and his wife Sally and daughter Charlotte [...]

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #876 on: June 16, 2018, 05:41:09 PM »
An interesting snippet from Daniel Ivery on SHA

"Meanwhile, In China...

Tony Xia has finally relinquished control of one of his listed companies, Recon Cable - and they've almost gone bust.

[finance.sina.com.cn]

House of cards falling apart... "

As the saying goes, If you want to know what's going on at Aston Villa ask a Birmingham City fan.
Nice. I'll be using that

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #877 on: June 16, 2018, 05:43:18 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3602825/Saviour-dreamer-Sportsmail-talks-Aston-Villa-s-owner-waiting-Dr-Tony-Xia.html

The long-term plan include a football museum and theme park to attract football tourists from China and India, and the recruitment of young Chinese players to Villa’s academy, if not as formal scholars then on exchange programmes.

'I appreciate it’s a big deal for Villa fans,’ he says. ‘But actually in pure business terms, I’m working on acquisitions much bigger than this.’ He says, for example, that within months he will complete a $3.5bn takeover of a US logistics firm.

Xia says he will spend a lot of time in Birmingham over the next year, buying a house for himself and his wife Sally and daughter Charlotte [...]

Blimey, that's unfortunate. I hope he has pet names for them.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #878 on: June 16, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »

And how have Sally and Charlotte settled in?

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #879 on: June 16, 2018, 06:18:25 PM »
The company address is :

I would be interested to know if its the whole 19th floor, or thats the floor for media comms etc of multiple floors (eg Regus temporary office space on the 26th floor). Or is it just part of the 19th floor ?

It appears they share the 19th Floor with others. The SMI Corporation Ltd also use it as their address, at least since 2014. They are listed as 'privately owned film producers (partial) and mention The Last Supper and The Guillotines as 'Representative Films Co-produced'.

There's a lot of Regus type office space for rent in the building but that's pretty much as you'd expect.
The description of Recon as a 'conglomerate' with 5 businesses and 35,000 employees doesnt ring true. In fact, I think the FT reported at the time of the takeover that the description had removed the reference to 5 businesses. It feels at best that Recon looks like a holding company or investment vehicle to manage investments in a business or businesses that run themselves. I dont think there is any doubt that Xia has considerable experience in property development and real estate - that is what his background is, but I just dont see the 'synergy' of a conglomerate that does that, owns Aston Villa, does or doesnt own part of a film company, and owns a manufacturer of mono-sodium glutemate. Again, it would be good to have more public knowledge of where Villa fits into an overall strategy for his firm or his portfolio of holdings.

I wouldnt even mind if Xia came out and said, I bought it to return it to the Premier League, sell it and make a bucket. Fair play, and we couldnt moan as we as fans would get what we want.

I cant fault what Xia has done in the 2 years he has owned our club, he has bought in a European Cup winning manager, poured millions on his recommendation into buying a mix of young players with potential and proven championship scorers, then invested again with a new manager with an excellent promotion record in older proven players and leadership. He cannot be criticised for not backing his managers, but has the funding of all this now become more difficult.

The final thing I would like to know, why did Mervyn King and David Bernstein resign from the Villa board on April 18th 2016 only a few weeks before Xia took over the club ?

Offline VinnieChase84

« Reply #880 on: June 16, 2018, 06:37:33 PM »
The company address is :

The description of Recon as a 'conglomerate' with 5 businesses and 35,000 employees doesnt ring true. In fact, I think the FT reported at the time of the takeover that the description had removed the reference to 5 businesses. It feels at best that Recon looks like a holding company or investment vehicle to manage investments in a business or businesses that run themselves. I dont think there is any doubt that Xia has considerable experience in property development and real estate - that is what his background is, but I just dont see the 'synergy' of a conglomerate that does that, owns Aston Villa, does or doesnt own part of a film company, and owns a manufacturer of mono-sodium glutemate. Again, it would be good to have more public knowledge of where Villa fits into an overall strategy for his firm or his portfolio of holdings.

I wouldnt even mind if Xia came out and said, I bought it to return it to the Premier League, sell it and make a bucket. Fair play, and we couldnt moan as we as fans would get what we want.

I cant fault what Xia has done in the 2 years he has owned our club, he has bought in a European Cup winning manager, poured millions on his recommendation into buying a mix of young players with potential and proven championship scorers, then invested again with a new manager with an excellent promotion record in older proven players and leadership. He cannot be criticised for not backing his managers, but has the funding of all this now become more difficult.

The final thing I would like to know, why did Mervyn King and David Bernstein resign from the Villa board on April 18th 2016 only a few weeks before Xia took over the club ?

It’s been widely speculated that King and Bernstein did not want the association to Samuelson, Bamfil, Wyness and Xia

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #881 on: June 16, 2018, 06:52:33 PM »
Speculated wildly and inaccurately. They did one as Randy got hammered and insulted them.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #882 on: June 16, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »

Funny, that thought came to me the other day.
They certainly made themselves scarce and have been pretty quiet since.
At the time, I thought their association presaged the arrival of a secure and respectable owner that would be the start of a new era. So did they 'do one' because of the old owner's behaviour or the new one's lack of substance?

Offline VinnieChase84

« Reply #883 on: June 16, 2018, 07:17:06 PM »
Speculated wildly and inaccurately. They did one as Randy got hammered and insulted them.

Was that the final straw? Apologies if it’s been covered but what exactly did Randy do?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #884 on: June 16, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
Got inebriated and insulted them over the phone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal