collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 322275 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2018, 12:00:41 PM »
Can't Xia sell 30% of his ownership in the form of a share issue to the fans to raise money. I had Villa shares until that shyster Lerner bought them all up in his purchase of the club in 2006. I'd like to be a shareholder again.

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #856 on: June 16, 2018, 12:06:06 PM »
I have no faith in Xia. None whatsoever. I can't imagine he bought the club as a vanity project. So how did he think he was going to make money?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #857 on: June 16, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »
I have no faith in Xia. None whatsoever.
It's easy to arrive at that conclusion after recent events, Ron; not many would disagree.

I can't imagine he bought the club as a vanity project.
Why not? - with vast amounts of money, or delusion, it's easy to see a football club as just another fashion accoutrement.

So how did he think he was going to make money?
Promotion before the parachute payments run out and the cash-heaven of the Prem.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #858 on: June 16, 2018, 12:42:00 PM »
It's clear Xia is a chancer with no money left....

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #859 on: June 16, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »
It's clear Xia is a chancer with no money left....

Agree. All he’s done is forward spunk our parachute money. That’s it.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #860 on: June 16, 2018, 01:07:58 PM »
Newspapers still sell because they don't have a battery and you don't have to be connected to the internet to use them. They also have no glare and less intrusive adverts. I don't buy them often but if I do it tends to be the Independant or Times, in which I don't detect a clear political stance as this gets on my tits, a bit like some of the posts on here. And the tabloids that just talk about reality TV, I wouldn't wipe my arse on.

You clearly don’t buy one very often. The last print edition of The Independent came out more than two years ago!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #861 on: June 16, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »
I find it a bit funny though that had we won the game a couple of weeks ago none of these sentiments about the owner would be voiced. I put that firmly at the door of the manager who was afforded immense resources and assets, more than enough relative to the vast majority of our competition to get us promoted across two seasons and failed.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #862 on: June 16, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »
Ive had a look around the Recon website.

I'm just going to point out some facts, no personal opinion.

The last corporate news article was 18 months ago. There was a flurry then, and then nothing for 18 months.

There are real pictures of action at Villa Park and of Dr Xia meeting other people at 3rd party events or news conferences. There are no profiles of anyone but Tony. No real pictures of anyone else on the management team and of group facilities (eg industrial facilities). There are lots of stock pictures of skyscrapers, meeting rooms and people who look like models with overtly white teeth chatting on mobile phones etc.

The company profile mentions owning 5 businesses with 35,000 employees as a 'conglomerate'. As a comparison Jaguar Land Rover has 37,000. You would expect a business of this size to have a significant 'Corporate Centre' aka head office with all that goes with running such a large enterprise.

The company address is :

Add:19F, Tower D, Vantone Center, Chaowai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing

I take that as 19th Floor of that tower block.

I would be interested to know if its the whole 19th floor, or thats the floor for media comms etc of multiple floors (eg Regus temporary office space on the 26th floor). Or is it just part of the 19th floor ?

I understand the chinese system is different when it comes to Corporate transparency, but it would be helpful to know more.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #863 on: June 16, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #864 on: June 16, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #865 on: June 16, 2018, 02:03:12 PM »
And then you read this which seems to support his claims of wealth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/chinas-recon-group-acquires-51-percent-millennium-films-official-978969?source=images

Then why were the club scraping around the back of the sofa to pay the last tax bill?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #866 on: June 16, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
I know I’m not saying I believe it.  It’s all very odd though.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #867 on: June 16, 2018, 02:16:48 PM »
But then this.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1BB0KV

It's even still on the Recon site that they've acquired 51% of the film company, although that could be an oversight, as it's the English edition.

The stupid tweets, running on the pitch, shit shoes, panic stricken face after the playoff final, the late tax payments, selling future transfer fees and the Wyness resignation.

If it smells dodgy, it usually is. Phoney Tony.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 02:19:26 PM by TheMalandro »

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #868 on: June 16, 2018, 02:26:39 PM »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #869 on: June 16, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »
Billionaires do not fail to make month-end PAYE payments.

Then there's this article, which points out that Chinese currency controls are getting loser, not tighter.

https://supchina.com/2018/06/09/the-decline-of-aston-villa-under-its-enigmatic-chinese-owner/

There were those of us who were suspicious of his wealth when he rocked up, and unfortunately, it's hard to see how, with the club linked with threats of winding up orders, he can possibly have the wealth he claims he has.

We are in financial meltdown, if Xia was anywhere near as wealthy as some seem to think he is, we wouldn't have got anywhere near this utter mess.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal