collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320740 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #825 on: June 15, 2018, 09:54:13 AM »
So we are hoping that the players that have proven themselves to be shit or not give a fuck for 2 years become good and give a fuck and that Delboy Tony really is a billionaire?

Clutching at straws.

We need someone who can find a few gems, bargains and make good the youth. Sound like Steve Boof?

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #826 on: June 15, 2018, 10:02:38 AM »
The Percy article is sensationalism of the highest scale. He even tweeted after a figure of £40m and said that can be a mixture of sponsorship, saved wages, sell fee's.
Does sound as dramatic though does it. Unfortunately Villa in crisis is all they want to peddle.

We are a massive target for the media and let's be honest, not a single one of them knows sod all.

Offline frank black

« Reply #827 on: June 15, 2018, 10:28:40 AM »
The Percy article is sensationalism of the highest scale. He even tweeted after a figure of £40m and said that can be a mixture of sponsorship, saved wages, sell fee's.
Does sound as dramatic though does it. Unfortunately Villa in crisis is all they want to peddle.

We are a massive target for the media and let's be honest, not a single one of them knows sod all.

Typical press, smidgen of truth packed/filled with made up stuff.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #828 on: June 15, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

I’m not sure that the media are having a field day, certainly not the national media. Maybe it’s the World Cup but I don’t see our plight plastered all over the media. Maybe if/when we miss another payment it might gain some momentum but I think we’ve been treated fairly leniently by the press. In fact, I’m disappointed that nobody seems to be investigating Xia’s background a bit more.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #829 on: June 15, 2018, 10:57:57 AM »

Of course it is, it's actually just a rehash of the £40m FFP stuff from a couple of weeks back with no extra info.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #830 on: June 15, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
You mean the story hasn't moved on?! Well I am shocked.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #831 on: June 15, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
You mean the story hasn't moved on?! Well I am shocked.

That's the thing though, the way some people (not so much on here actually) have reacted to this is as if it's something brand new and yet more bad news.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #832 on: June 15, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »

I’m not sure that the media are having a field day, certainly not the national media. Maybe it’s the World Cup but I don’t see our plight plastered all over the media. Maybe if/when we miss another payment it might gain some momentum but I think we’ve been treated fairly leniently by the press. In fact, I’m disappointed that nobody seems to be investigating Xia’s background a bit more.

I agree
we like to think we are still important and interesting nationaly
but in truth no one gives a flying fuck about the Villa anymore apart from the local neighbors and a few geordies

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #833 on: June 15, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »

I agree
we like to think we are still important and interesting nationaly
but in truth no one gives a flying fuck about the Villa anymore apart from the local neighbors and a few geordies

I said that when we went down. That there would be a ripple caused by the actual event and stories told of our decline. But ultimately we are but a blip on a radar dominated by the next Chelsea or Man City or Arsenal transfer or “crisis”.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #834 on: June 15, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
The days of newspapers is over.  Radio and television is not far behind.  This is where opinion is formed, evaluated and acted upon, the social media.   I am a complete museum piece but even I can find out what is really happening with this thing I have between my legs.

Stop sniggering at the back.  I mean my tablet.  My Gary Abblett.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #835 on: June 15, 2018, 03:43:57 PM »
Why's he clearly not a billionaire?

Because he's only got £900,000,000.*

*Birmingham Post Rich List

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #836 on: June 15, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »

$

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »

$

No, GBP. Saying that, they've listed him this year at £1bn so maybe for once Ads is right.
The Meaning Evil this week says he's only worth £990m so Ads could be back to his usual form.

What I will say is I'm still struggling to see or find any evidence to back up his wealth.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
The days of newspapers is over.  Radio and television is not far behind.  This is where opinion is formed, evaluated and acted upon, the social media.   I am a complete museum piece but even I can find out what is really happening with this thing I have between my legs.

Stop sniggering at the back.  I mean my tablet.  My Gary Abblett.

Not your Farmer Giles

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #839 on: June 15, 2018, 05:18:41 PM »

$

No, GBP. Saying that, they've listed him this year at £1bn so maybe for once Ads is right.
The Meaning Evil this week says he's only worth £990m so Ads could be back to his usual form.

What I will say is I'm still struggling to see or find any evidence to back up his wealth.

There was no currency defined in the original comments. He is a billionaire somewhere, even it is in yuan (God help us if it is).

PS my comment was a light-hearted response.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal