collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320924 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #615 on: June 08, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »
Has he gone yet?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #616 on: June 08, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »
Really don’t think FFP rules are much to be worried about at the moment.  Being a club that can actually start the first game in August is the minimum we can ask. 

Clearly our owner doesn’t have or can’t get for whatever reason due to Chinese money export rules means we are in the brown stuff and are the mercy of predators picking off our good players for a song.

Either way OUR great club is yet again on the slide due to poor judgement on part of the owners.

We need a new owner that can shoulder the costs. 

Or maybe, we simply slide into the abyss and rise back through the leagues aka Rangers.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #617 on: June 09, 2018, 02:30:29 AM »
I don’t think having an owner who pumps money in to make up for shortfalls is the answer really.  Creating a sustainable structure where we don’t live beyond our means and having a manager who will focus on developing our own young players would be a better way forward. 

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #618 on: June 09, 2018, 02:34:09 AM »
What make me annoyed/so upset the most about all this is for the first time in a long time we are about to lose a load of players who we actually like, who care for the club and all that.  It's soul destroying.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #619 on: June 09, 2018, 05:21:23 AM »
What make me annoyed/so upset the most about all this is for the first time in a long time we are about to lose a load of players who we actually like, who care for the club and all that.  It's soul destroying.

Yes. Players on loan that were good enough or thereabouts, were good characters and would die for the shirt (Terry, Snoddy), who seemed a great influence in character on the most talented and precious asset in a generation, and yes even to my surprise/conversion, so damn likeable. I hope the story of Terry giving up his final month's wages and already cult-hero Hutton willing to take a pay cut, are true.

I wish Richards and others would show some pride and follow suit. A simple statement expressing support and perhaps regret things didn't work out better from some players, along with some compromise on the amount of lifeblood they are draining from the club, would be so beautiful. If ever there was a time to show some deeper values.

Not that its players fault the club were daft enough to give them great deals, and in providing for their own families who can blame them, but, it'll mean otherwise more loss of jobs for little people at the club as belts tighten.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #620 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:52 AM »
I would love to see us announce that Richards had agreed to mutually end his contract the fat useless waste of fucking space. The man makes me angry, because he clearly has no professional pride. McCormack at least went and tried to get games on loan and get back, but he's not going to play while Bruce is here so Steve Round needs to do his bloody job and find a way to move him on. Someone will pay 4 million, which would also take his wages off the books. Between them that would be the best past of 4 million saved a season for people that won't even kick a ball. There must be a target for wages, say 30 million a season, that we can reach and break even at.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #621 on: June 09, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
I would love to see us announce that Richards had agreed to mutually end his contract the fat useless waste of fucking space. The man makes me angry, because he clearly has no professional pride. McCormack at least went and tried to get games on loan and get back, but he's not going to play while Bruce is here so Steve Round needs to do his bloody job and find a way to move him on. Someone will pay 4 million, which would also take his wages off the books. Between them that would be the best past of 4 million saved a season for people that won't even kick a ball. There must be a target for wages, say 30 million a season, that we can reach and break even at.

I wish the press would get hold of this and do a "whatever happened to...?' type article on Richards.  I know they won't call him out for the worry of being sued but it might embarrass him in to leaving and doing the right thing.  Absolute disgrace, wage stealing.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #622 on: June 09, 2018, 10:34:48 AM »

Easier said than done ozzjim.

Even if some club were to offer 4 million for him would they match the salary he gets here? I doubt it very much.
He and the other useless prick will see out there contracts on the salaries they now receive and become 'free agents' at the end of it.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #623 on: June 09, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »
The Surely must come a point in the very near future where football clubs can sack players!

If I turned up and work and refused to use my computer i would be sacked within a few days. It's no diffrent to what richards and mc are doing to us. Basically refusing to stay in shape and train properly is gross misconduct and should be treated as such!
A player can refuse to play for his club to force through a transfer but the club cant do the same? Ridiculous and totally unfair to the club's and part of the reason football is fundamentally broken beyond repair

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #624 on: June 09, 2018, 10:49:20 AM »
The Surely must come a point in the very near future where football clubs can sack players!

If I turned up and work and refused to use my computer i would be sacked within a few days. It's no diffrent to what richards and mc are doing to us. Basically refusing to stay in shape and train properly is gross misconduct and should be treated as such!
A player can refuse to play for his club to force through a transfer but the club cant do the same? Ridiculous and totally unfair to the club's and part of the reason football is fundamentally broken beyond repair
You make a good point here. And I'm from a background of family and close friends who have long since fought for workers rights.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #625 on: June 09, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
Is Richards refusing to train? I thought the issue was that it's turned out he's monumentally shite, no? He reminded me of Holman in a "doesn't know what he's doing on a football pitch" kinda way. Perhaps he should have been the one we shipped out Down Under.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #626 on: June 09, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
Is Richards refusing to train? I thought the issue was that it's turned out he's monumentally shite, no? He reminded me of Holman in a "doesn't know what he's doing on a football pitch" kinda way. Perhaps he should have been the one we shipped out Down Under.

I believe that Richards problem is that he's massively overweight.  He looks more like a nightclub bouncer than a footballer and clearly hasn't got 90 minutes in him.

I suspect that this is the reason why he wanted to play in the centre of defence rather than at full back, ie less running is required.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #627 on: June 09, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »
You could have a performance related pay structure with win bonuses, bonus per game etc. but with today's squad based system, how many players would want to sign for those clubs when others offered flat rates. Also, it can lead to lack of team spirit.

I think the problems are contract length and the squad size, where players can hide in the squad and not affect the match day squad too much.

The real issue is that players have too much power.  Also, there are not that many decent stand out players.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #628 on: June 09, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »

I believe that Richards problem is that he's massively overweight.  He looks more like a nightclub bouncer than a footballer and clearly hasn't got 90 minutes in him.

I suspect that this is the reason why he wanted to play in the centre of defence rather than at full back, ie less running is required.

You've seen him? I was beginning to think he'd disappeared.

Has he even played in reserve/friendly games this year?

Offline Withe Gusto

« Reply #629 on: June 09, 2018, 01:03:55 PM »
Surley we can sack Richards for breach of contract if he is refusing to train?
If he is just injured permanently can't we get an insurance pay out?
I dont understand how he gets away with it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal