collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony’s Statement.  (Read 320775 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Tony’s Statement.
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2018, 12:01:21 AM »
Well whichever way you look at it it’s bad.

Pretty much Paul.  Whether he doesn’t have the money or he does and just can’t get it out of China, the result is the same really.  If either scenario is true and the latter looks like it will be an ongoing situation, then a parting of the ways would be the best option. 

The big concern is that if either of the above scenarios are true, he won’t let go through a sense pride or delusion and would rather run the club into the ground.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:03:58 AM by tomd2103 »

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2018, 05:20:16 AM »
So according to Collymore, Dr X has found a way to get £50m into the club.
I don't know what to think anymore.

Grealish £30 million
Chester £10 million
Jedinak, Adomah, Davis £10 million

Seriously though, £50 million is more or less the resale value of the club if you take the debt off it.  It's a staggering amount of money.  If he's been paying in around £4 million a month to keep us afloat, why the need now to throw such a large sum in?  It makes no sense at all.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2018, 05:40:03 AM »
We need something like that to keep us going this season, many people have reported (I've seen 65m)

If he can get this out of china either that was never the problem or they've been convinced to ease up to save face

I can't work out the connection with the apparent moves to sell shares in avfc to someone though?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2018, 05:46:57 AM »
We need something like that to keep us going this season, many people have reported (I've seen 65m)

If he can get this out of china either that was never the problem or they've been convinced to ease up to save face

I can't work out the connection with the apparent moves to sell shares in avfc to someone though?

I appreciate that but surely you wouldn't throw it in, in one lump?  Surely he'd only be looking to limp through the next two months and then re-assess once the transfer window shuts, knowing for certain what sums we've managed to raise and what the wage bill is going to be?

I just don't get any benefit in such a big loan at this stage, especially as there is (presumably) interest to be paid on it.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2018, 05:50:45 AM »
Yeah I see the point .

But if we're living hand to mouth, taking out loans to cover debt repayments, negotiating early payments (which we already owe to pay off more debt) then we need a pretty hefty upfront sum just to keep going. We don't know that the whole 50m will be injected into villa in one go either

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2018, 05:55:00 AM »
Well either way, it's the first bit of good news for a while if true.  I'm certainly not knocking it, just finding it hard to understand how we've gone from missing monthly payments to having 12 months worth of payments in one go.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2018, 06:51:54 AM »
Well either way, it's the first bit of good news for a while if true.  I'm certainly not knocking it, just finding it hard to understand how we've gone from missing monthly payments to having 12 months worth of payments in one go.
If papers are to be believed  we owe about 10m in transfer fees 6m for fat mac, wage bill 5m a month and tax something similar, only buys us a 3 months max

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »
If papers are to be believed  we owe about 10m in transfer fees 6m for fat mac, wage bill 5m a month and tax something similar, only buys us a 3 months max

I'd say that we probably do owe that money.  The taxes are not as high as you have stated, according to Mark Ansell.  If £4 million was keeping us afloat last season, the only difference this season would be the deficit in parachute money, which will presumably be funded by the Jack sale.  £50 million would then be enough to get through the season.

There is of course the issue of FFP - We cannot plough another £50 million in so there is going to have to be severe adjustments to the wage bill over the next few months.

Whilst we owe money out on transfers, it is reasonable to assume that we have some to come in as well.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #578 on: June 08, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »
Whilst we owe money out on transfers, it is reasonable to assume that we have some to come in as well.

Not sure if you have seen but there have been reports of us factoring incoming transfer fees, hopefully not all of them.

If he has had problems getting money out of China then doesn’t it make sense to get as much out as possible in one go if restrictions have been eased?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #579 on: June 08, 2018, 07:40:55 AM »
Yes - I'd seen the report that we'd borrowed against potential transfers.

My point was that whilst we have stage payments to go out on Chester, McCormack & Hogan, it would be reasonable to assume that we have stage payments coming in on players like Baker, Gestede, Guye, Vertout, Amavi etc, etc.  I wasn't referring to future transfers.

Yes, it's a valid reason to get money out while you can.  It still seems a staggering amount to me.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #580 on: June 08, 2018, 07:46:48 AM »
Amarvi was one of the transfers reported as being factored, along with Sanchez. Other one we’d had early, and presumably spent, was reportedly Westwood.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2018, 07:50:59 AM »
Amarvi was one of the transfers reported as being factored, along with Sanchez. Other one we’d had early, and presumably spent, was reportedly Westwood.

Yes, some may have been factored but as you say, hopefully not all of them which means there will be some incoming income to offset against the outgoing payments.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »
Personally I am not convinced that the notoriously hard nosed businessman that is Daniel Levy has suddenly turned into Father Christmas and is about to give us fifty million quid in cash up front for Jack Grealish. Which is how the media are making it sound. If anything our very public situation is a green light for people to take the piss with low offers for any of our players hoping we are desperate enough to accept.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #583 on: June 08, 2018, 08:09:40 AM »
The reported £50m incoming loan will help in that respect, we won’t look quite as desperate for cash and likely to accept any old offer, at least for this window.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #584 on: June 08, 2018, 08:09:40 AM »
Keeping the club out of administration will only help that.  Our assets will be viewed from a purely financial perspective.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal