collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:18:27 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:09:59 AM]

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Financial fair play  (Read 219799 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Financial fair play
« Reply #1020 on: May 31, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »
Our financial year end is the 31 May, ie today.  We then get 10 months to prepare the accounts.  I can't see how we can really be held to account for this season's results until we've had time to prepare them.

Especially with the likelihood of Post Balance Sheet Events?

That's hard to credit.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1021 on: May 31, 2019, 11:41:19 PM »
What’s the difference between a soft embargo and a hard embargo? Surely embargo means embargo. It’s all getting a bit too Brexit for my liking.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #1022 on: June 01, 2019, 12:37:16 AM »
Soft embargos enable you to pick up frees and pay them about 600k a year. You can’t pay fees for players, also you need to be able to show you’re working towards being more sustainable.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1023 on: June 01, 2019, 12:44:11 AM »
So everything we’re reading so far about signing players and paying fees suggests that this soft embargo thing is a load of media speculative nonsense.

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #1024 on: June 01, 2019, 12:50:34 AM »
Either that or we’re doing a blose and telling the league to F off I’d go for the former though!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1025 on: June 01, 2019, 08:58:59 AM »
Soft embargos enable you to pick up frees and pay them about 600k a year. You can’t pay fees for players, also you need to be able to show you’re working towards being more sustainable.

I think getting promoted ticks that last box!

Offline The_ads

« Reply #1026 on: June 01, 2019, 09:00:24 AM »
Isn’t this story from the Daily fucking Mail?  I rest my case. If John Percy reports it I’ll take some notice

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1027 on: June 01, 2019, 09:43:12 AM »
#fucktheffpfuckers

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1028 on: June 08, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
So after a number of reports that we were set to be roasted at the big EFL chin-wag in Portugal on Thur/Fri - nothing been reported about it today? Should be an onus on the league to let fans know what's going on if their clubs are being discussed in the same context as penalties for bullshit. I don't think anything will come of it but at the same time I'd appreciate confirmation of that, if only to shut the likes of Steve Gibson the fuck up.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1029 on: June 09, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »
Interesting article on the ownership of Southampton, Mr GAO a Chinese businessman with some questions over source of funds and ownership structures.
Has told the club they need to be self sufficient.
Brings back a few memories.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1030 on: June 09, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »
Interesting article on the ownership of Southampton, Mr GAO a Chinese businessman with some questions over source of funds and ownership structures.

Good, I hope they go the same way we nearly did.

I can't stand Southampton, they must be close to being banned on environmental grounds as they're so plastic.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1031 on: June 09, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »
Hard to see how they culd be any more sustainable given the players they've sold in the last few years.

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #1032 on: June 09, 2019, 11:17:18 AM »

I can't stand Southampton, they must be close to being banned on environmental grounds as they're so plastic.

Isn't their owner so crooked even the Premier League tried to block his takeover a couple of years ago? Takes some doing, that.

I didn't really have anything much against them as a club until five minutes after the whistle blew on the playoff final when my elder son's stepdad - a Southampton supporter - rang to congratulate me then in the same breath said he thought we'd be immediately relegated again. My most fervent desire now this season (other than winning the league, obviously) is to take six points from them, thrashing them mercilessly at Villa Park and whatever their plastic stadium is called nowadays, whilst seeing them implode, go into administration, be docked points, get relegated and then go bust, with Matt LeTissier snotting live on telly from his big wonky nose, the soapy twat.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1033 on: June 09, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
Hard to see how they culd be any more sustainable given the players they've sold in the last few years.
Exactly.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1034 on: June 09, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »

Isn't their owner so crooked even the Premier League tried to block his takeover a couple of years ago? Takes some doing, that.

I didn't really have anything much against them as a club until five minutes after the whistle blew on the playoff final when my elder son's stepdad - a Southampton supporter - rang to congratulate me then in the same breath said he thought we'd be immediately relegated again. My most fervent desire now this season (other than winning the league, obviously) is to take six points from them, thrashing them mercilessly at Villa Park and whatever their plastic stadium is called nowadays, whilst seeing them implode, go into administration, be docked points, get relegated and then go bust, with Matt LeTissier snotting live on telly from his big wonky nose, the soapy twat.
Stop sitting on the fence.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal