collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Drummond
[Today at 08:42:47 AM]

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by amfy
[Today at 07:14:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Drummond
[Today at 08:42:47 AM]

Re: FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:31:06 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:25:12 AM]

Re: FFP by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:12:40 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by RichardBatchelor
[Today at 07:40:42 AM]

Re: International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by amfy
[Today at 07:14:31 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Financial fair play  (Read 219781 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Financial fair play
« Reply #555 on: September 22, 2018, 11:13:13 PM »
Aston Villa could face a points deduction next season if they are found in breach of financial rules.

According to a report in The Times, Villa could be docked 12 Championship points next season.

It comes as rivals Birmingham City prepare to face a disciplinary panel on charges of breaking the EFL's profit and sustainability rules.

The Times claims Villa are also set to face chares for breaking the spending cap.

"Villa have posted an aggregate loss of 」37.1 million during their two seasons in the second tier, giving them very little room to comply with rules that permit losses of 」39 million over a three-year period before submitting their next results to the EFL in March," states the report in The Times.

The reduction in Villa's parachute payments this season from 」33 million to 」15 million and transfer proceeds smaller than last summer could also hinder Villa's cause.

If the breach is more than 」15 million over three years then under new EFL guidelines Villa could face a 12 point deduction in the 2019-20 season.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:17:45 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2018, 12:11:56 AM »
If true this only emphasises further the absolute criticality in going up this season. Tick tock

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #557 on: September 23, 2018, 07:30:58 AM »
Well sort of, I reckon at the moment Bruce is worth about the equivalent of a 20
point penalty.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #558 on: September 23, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »
So apparently we are paying Bolasie wages in full - 」80k per week!

I知 no expert on FFP but that has to be a concern.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #559 on: September 23, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
FFP is such a big deal. I can稚 belive that our new owners are so naive or stupid that they have not performed all of the necessary due diligence and analysis that makes sure we will not break the rules.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #560 on: September 23, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
You really wouldn't think they'd just do the same mistake again

But I have to say I don't understand how it isn't going to be a big concern. We've got almost no headroom to make further losses this season I think - last season we were losing 」5m per month by the end of it and that was on higher parachute payments

The 'sell Grealish' card isn't going to raise enough now, ditto Chester Kodjia or adomah

But as I say you just have to think the new owners haven't gone for shit or bust again. I just can't figure out how

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #561 on: September 23, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »

Just a bit! Besides you have to ask if that 3 and a half million outlay could have been spent more wisely on signing a permanent centre half or indeed other positions. At least if we buy them its not "dead" money.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #562 on: September 23, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »

Just a bit! Besides you have to ask if that 3 and a half million outlay could have been spent more wisely on signing a permanent centre half or indeed other positions. At least if we buy them its not "dead" money.

I'd be surprised if that was the case bearing in mind we couldn't afford to bring Terry back in for the same reason. I'd say we're possibly paying half.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #563 on: September 23, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »

I'd be surprised if that was the case bearing in mind we couldn't afford to bring Terry back in for the same reason. I'd say we're possibly paying half.

I hope so clampy. I can see the advantages of using the loan market, and give Bruce his due it worked pretty well for him last season, but its still a hell of a lot of money we've spent over the last couple of seasons with not one playing asset to show for it

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #564 on: September 23, 2018, 12:14:55 PM »

That can't be true surely?!

I imagine for example we're paying pretty much all of McCormack's wages still, it's a regular thing when high earning players are loaned out to leagues below that the parent club pays vast majority of their salary.

Please don't tell me this is another promotion or bust style gamble as we did last season. Hopefully the owners didn't have the same brainwave as a few posters on here in early August saying if we kept Grealish we'd win the league.

The option was there to sell him for 20m and significantly lessen the liabilities we have to FFP.

Offline VillaLoyal

« Reply #565 on: September 23, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »
Aston Villa could face a points deduction next season if they are found in breach of financial rules.

According to a report in The Times, Villa could be docked 12 Championship points next season.

It comes as rivals Birmingham City prepare to face a disciplinary panel on charges of breaking the EFL's profit and sustainability rules.

The Times claims Villa are also set to face chares for breaking the spending cap.

"Villa have posted an aggregate loss of 」37.1 million during their two seasons in the second tier, giving them very little room to comply with rules that permit losses of 」39 million over a three-year period before submitting their next results to the EFL in March," states the report in The Times.

The reduction in Villa's parachute payments this season from 」33 million to 」15 million and transfer proceeds smaller than last summer could also hinder Villa's cause.

If the breach is more than 」15 million over three years then under new EFL guidelines Villa could face a 12 point deduction in the 2019-20 season.

Not good if true. Never be surprised how easy it is to repeat the mistakes of the past. I get the feeling promotion is just as important this season.

The communication of our financial situation to the fans has been terribly poor throughout all my time following Villa. Doug, Lerner, Xia and now the new owners.

I dont just want a new flag or to be "part of the pride". I want to know whats happening to safeguard the club first and foremost as it is a business with many loyal customers.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2018, 12:05:55 PM »
Just wonder if the new owners see where we are by January and for the sake of FFP have a bit of a fire sale then if promotion is not on the horizon.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #567 on: September 24, 2018, 12:14:27 PM »
Just wonder if the new owners see where we are by January and for the sake of FFP have a bit of a fire sale then if promotion is not on the horizon.
Yep, it's hard to see how we won't have to sell at least Grealish in Jan, particularly if we need to shore up the defence and find compensation money to pay Bruce off and maybe lever a replacement out of their current role.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #568 on: September 24, 2018, 12:30:21 PM »
What a fucking joy...

Offline mike

« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »
I cannot see how they can possibly have dragged us from the fire then tossed us straight back in. There has to be a plan other than 'we'll get promoted'. I'm no businessman, but that is not an acceptable risk to take on a multi million pound investment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal