collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by amfy
[Today at 07:14:31 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:57:04 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Financial fair play  (Read 219744 times)

Offline eddiemunster

Re: Financial fair play
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »
31 pages so far on FFP, and no one is the wiser.
All I can say, is why are we worrying??
The shite down the road and about 9 or 10 other clubs are rumoured to be in the same boat, but have we heard anything from their fans??? Have we feck!!!
When the REAL NEWS breaks, we can see where we're at, until then lets all CALM THE FECK DOWN and start bullshitting ourselves that ENGERLAND are going to win the World Cup!!Lol.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2018, 12:36:43 PM »
I thought it was three, but seems not. They drop to £9.6m for each of the third and fourth years, from what I can see. A still tidy sum, but half of what we received in year two. What saving are we looking at with the departures of Gabby, Terry and the loan players?

It used to be 4 years, now it's 3 so this season will be our last payment.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »
"In a document on Companies House dated February 2, 48 hours after the transfer window shut, the club sold on future income due on Amavi and Sanchez to the Australian Macquarie bank"

From the Daily Record.

It's going to be a very interesting summer and season.

That sounds like a standard factoring arrangement to be honest.  Although I can't see where it's mentioned on Companies House to have a closer look.
Nothing standard about this, around 45000 company’s use Recivables Finance in the UK based on B2B whole turnover arrangements. Macquarie are not one of the standard providers.
This is a transaction based arrangement  FutureFunds Flow, Discounted Revenue , there are various terms to describe these facilities.
There is nothing wrong or illegal about this but the money will be a lot more expensive than a Bank loan for example.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
Isn't it three for clubs relegated from the season after we went down, ones that had benefited from the increased telly deal?

From a legal help site, From the 2016/17 season, the payment system was changed so that the money will be distributed to relegated clubs over three years rather than four.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #469 on: June 05, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »
Isn't it three for clubs relegated from the season after we went down, ones that had benefited from the increased telly deal?

From a legal help site, From the 2016/17 season, the payment system was changed so that the money will be distributed to relegated clubs over three years rather than four.

Yep.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #470 on: June 05, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
Yep, that's why I said it's 3 now ;)

Apparently if you go up and are relegated after 1 season you only get 2 payments.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #471 on: June 05, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
So clubs coming down now, assuming they weren't massively in the red beforehand, can* bankroll it and lump the lot on going back up first time of asking. Which makes me wonder what state 'boro, Hull and Sunderland were in, and have they cautiously settled in for a stay?

*I in no way endorse this as a sensible thing to do.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #472 on: June 05, 2018, 01:22:53 PM »
I assume the first 2 payments are the same amount as a club receiving 3 payments receive, but they don't get the third payment.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #473 on: June 05, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
Usually there’s no smoke without fire and the more coming out about us and Dr is very concerning.
I do think he wants rid and has run into financial issues which is making the day to day harder. Let’s be honest, no one knows anything about Xia or his ‘wealth’

Offline Clampy

« Reply #474 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
Usually there’s no smoke without fire and the more coming out about us and Dr is very concerning.
I do think he wants rid and has run into financial issues which is making the day to day harder. Let’s be honest, no one knows anything about Xia or his ‘wealth’

If you don't know anything about him, why do you think he wants rid? There's no evidence of it really.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #475 on: June 05, 2018, 01:42:56 PM »

If you don't know anything about him, why do you think he wants rid? There's no evidence of it really.

Just a gut feeling on this. No actual context. Last year and his first in charge when any articles or press were questioning his intent he would always fire back. Just seems odd we are now having specific articles claiming he needs to sell/has no cash and yet he doesn’t respond to them!?

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #476 on: June 05, 2018, 01:52:17 PM »
I've seen nothing specific which says he needs to sell nor has no cash. Plenty of regurgitated speculation, but not specific.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2018, 01:55:09 PM »

I'm not sure he wants rid but im also not sure he has the collateral or the expertise to take us forward ..

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #478 on: June 05, 2018, 02:00:37 PM »
I'm flabbergasted, as I get to peer deeper, at just how hand-to-mouth all clubs at every level exist. I know they're not expected to be profitable for the sake of being profitable, but it's mental! Today's today, and tomorrow can go hang.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2018, 02:23:31 PM »
"In a document on Companies House dated February 2, 48 hours after the transfer window shut, the club sold on future income due on Amavi and Sanchez to the Australian Macquarie bank"

From the Daily Record.

It's going to be a very interesting summer and season.

That sounds like a standard factoring arrangement to be honest.  Although I can't see where it's mentioned on Companies House to have a closer look.

What is does suggest though is that we’ve cashed on our chips on any Amavi money already, so any netting off of the FFP shortfall with this cash can be forgotten

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal