collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:09:59 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 09:07:06 AM]

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Financial fair play  (Read 219792 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Re: Financial fair play
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2018, 03:00:13 PM »
We spent a large amount of cash on championship players so clubs in the league benefited from us spending and for that we get punished ...

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
I suppose the idea is to ensure you don't get a two/three tier league like the Premier League is. But when FFP was mooted there wasn't a titanic, absolutely mindboggling television deal in the pipeline. The financial goalposts are so far from where the league imagined they should be that all they've done is widened that gulf between the Premier League and those striving to be in it. I agree totally with Wenger's comments - at some point in the near future the haves will split off into their own European league based on their money-making potential, leaving the Best League in the World to contemplate life as a second-tier, financially second-rate interest to wither on the vine, like the Football League is now.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »
Whatever the ramifications of an FFP that we haven’t even failed yet, it’s a very convenient smokescreen for an owner who has spent the parachute money, taken out loans and now would have to gamble by investing his own money to try and get us up.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:32:09 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »
Whatever the ramifications of an FFP that we haven’t even failed yet, it’s a very convenient smokescreen for an owner who has spent the parachute money, taken out loans and now would have to gamble by investing his own money to try and get us up.

He literally isn't allowed to

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2018, 04:38:43 PM »

He literally isn't allowed to

QPR owners tried that , they wrote off 60mil as loans and EFL wouldn't allow it and pursued them for a fine

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2018, 05:19:09 PM »
Fuck the EFL, can we not enlist the help of the PL to get us back, after all it would be a better place for all.
A few massively over valued transfer deals for some of our shite, several inspired loans and we're home and hosed.
We must have plenty of friends in high places.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »
I thinkthey were probably glad to et rid of us in the final season

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »
Fuck the EFL, can we not enlist the help of the PL to get us back, after all it would be a better place for all.
A few massively over valued transfer deals for some of our shite, several inspired loans and we're home and hosed.
Absolutely, and isn't it time HRH ponied up with some sponsorship money and influence?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
follicallly challenged balls.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2018, 05:31:18 PM »
Absolutely, and isn't it time HRH ponied up with some sponsorship money and influence?
Jack Grealish, by Royal Appointment.

Offline ronshirt

« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »
Your not going to get an auditor to sign off on cooked books!

We don't need to worry about FFP just hire one of the Big Four.

From Wiki:

On 22 February 2018, MPs contested evidence from KPMG.

In one exchange MP Peter Kyle told KPMG partner Peter Meehan: "I would not hire you to do an audit of the contents of my fridge".

Rachel Reeves, chair of the business select committee, said: "Auditing is a multi-million-pound business for the Big Four. On this morning's evidence from KPMG and Deloitte, these audits appear to be a colossal waste of time and money, fit only to provide false assurance to investors, workers and the public. [...] Carillion staff and investors could see the problems at the company but those responsible - auditors, regulators, and, ultimately, the directors – did nothing to stop Carillion being driven off a cliff".

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »
Your not going to get an auditor to sign off on cooked books!

We don't need to worry about FFP just hire one of the Big Four.

From Wiki:

On 22 February 2018, MPs contested evidence from KPMG.

In one exchange MP Peter Kyle told KPMG partner Peter Meehan: "I would not hire you to do an audit of the contents of my fridge".

Rachel Reeves, chair of the business select committee, said: "Auditing is a multi-million-pound business for the Big Four. On this morning's evidence from KPMG and Deloitte, these audits appear to be a colossal waste of time and money, fit only to provide false assurance to investors, workers and the public. [...] Carillion staff and investors could see the problems at the company but those responsible - auditors, regulators, and, ultimately, the directors – did nothing to stop Carillion being driven off a cliff".
The big 4 have so many high profile fuck ups it’s scandalous how they get away with it.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »
The more I hear about FFP, coupled with the fact that other clubs don't seem to be fearing it one bit, has left me wondering why we're just lying down and taking our fucking without putting up any kind of fight. I suspect we're being taken for a ride.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2018, 07:45:24 PM »
The more I hear about FFP, coupled with the fact that other clubs don't seem to be fearing it one bit, has left me wondering why we're just lying down and taking our fucking without putting up any kind of fight. I suspect we're being taken for a ride.
Nobody wants to be a test case.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2018, 07:54:02 PM »
Nobody wants to be a test case.

And yet we're the only ones issuing statements about how big and scary it is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal