collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Villan82
[Today at 09:23:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:20:35 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:14:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread  (Read 476154 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #690 on: July 14, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »

if there's any truth in this Turkish lot offering us 5.4m for Birkir we should snap their hands off

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #691 on: July 14, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »
Indeed.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #692 on: July 14, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »
£5.4 million for Barney would be a real gift horse. Getting Jedinak off the wage bill will be good too. T

I would swap Davis for Gallagher every day of the week. Gallagher at least looks like scoring every now and again.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #693 on: July 14, 2018, 09:39:07 PM »
Stoke bid five mill for Chester? Why bother wasting people’s time? Best defender in the championship last season! At least make it interesting.

Stoke can fuck right off

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #694 on: July 14, 2018, 09:44:13 PM »
Stoke bid five mill for Chester? Why bother wasting people’s time? Best defender in the championship last season! At least make it interesting.

Stoke can fuck right off

As can Trump ( I know it’s the wrong thread)

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #695 on: July 14, 2018, 10:20:06 PM »

Stoke can fuck right off

As can Trump ( I know it’s the wrong thread)
Crump gets the hump over Trump the Chump

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #696 on: July 14, 2018, 10:37:27 PM »

Championship crisis club Aston Villa are reportedly interested in signing striker Sam Gallagher on loan from Premier League Southampton.

i hope not . must be rubbish fake crap as Bruce as RHM and Davis at the Villa . why keep using other teams players .

Was in Birmingham Mail. Apparently SB wants two targetman striking options in his squad which gives you a hint that the direct football will be continuing next season and Hogan will continue to look lost when played.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #697 on: July 14, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
mooted swap deal with Davis going to Sparky Saints

Would keep Davis, there's a good striker there with some of the stuff he showed in his early games for us last season even if he won't be hugely prolific in his career.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #698 on: July 14, 2018, 10:41:53 PM »
Davis will come back to haunt us if we sell him dead cheap. He could be worth a fortune in a season or two.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #699 on: July 14, 2018, 10:43:49 PM »
Davis will come back to haunt us if we sell him dead cheap. He could be worth a fortune in a season or two.

I agree, and if it’s cheap what’s the point?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #700 on: July 14, 2018, 11:21:49 PM »
It could also be a load of bollocks of course.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #701 on: July 14, 2018, 11:32:39 PM »
In the Championship, we should not be offering contracts over 2 years to any players other than the young ones. We should be offering a review at the end of year one and extending by another year if we want to (a bit like a 2 year rolling contract).

At this level, no player is indispensable and if the player doesn't want to extend, we either look to sell or let the contract wind down.

That's all well and good and to an extent I agree but the player has to agree to it and I stand correct but we've not dished out many 4 year contracts lately. It's  been mainly 3 years which is standard. Like I said, I may be wrong.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #702 on: July 14, 2018, 11:41:35 PM »
In the Championship, we should not be offering contracts over 2 years to any players other than the young ones. We should be offering a review at the end of year one and extending by another year if we want to (a bit like a 2 year rolling contract).

At this level, no player is indispensable and if the player doesn't want to extend, we either look to sell or let the contract wind down.

That's all well and good and to an extent I agree but the player has to agree to it and I stand correct but we've not dished out many 4 year contracts lately. It's  been mainly 3 years which is standard. Like I said, I may be wrong.

Hogan’s on a 4 and a ½ year contract. 4 and a ½ years.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #703 on: July 14, 2018, 11:53:59 PM »

When you have a manager publicly stating that all our best players are likely to go and for well less than market value, expect those sort of derisory offers.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #704 on: July 14, 2018, 11:55:50 PM »

Hogan’s on a 4 and a ½ year contract. 4 and a ½ years.

And Chester is on a four year contract. He would never have agreed to a 2 year deal which was my point.  It's a tough one I suppose.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal