collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Championship attendances  (Read 7813 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Championship attendances
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 12:07:54 PM »
Fulham will be even higher, too. Those stats won't include the away fans who purchase tickets in the "neutral section". And yes, Fulham and Barnsley are both great days out.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 06:29:49 PM »
got to say Barnsley town centre before the game was top notch. 

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »
I’m surprised the Blues’ away averages are so high considering how utterly shit they been.  So a small word of praise for those hardy wankers.

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
disappointed with our home attendances but will be upto where it should be next year . think we've done over 22,000 season tickets for next season so far . think we will average  over 30,000 next season . our away is about right considering the logistics of where  we are .

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 12:34:18 AM »
That average number of away fans table is interesting - more would rather go to Small Heath than Villa (which they'll probably get v. excited about) and Wolves are right down towards the bottom of the list.
I think the amount of mid week home / televised games we have had might have something to do with this too.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 12:39:21 AM »
That average number of away fans table is interesting - more would rather go to Small Heath than Villa (which they'll probably get v. excited about) and Wolves are right down towards the bottom of the list.
I think the amount of mid week home / televised games we have had might have something to do with this too.

How does that explain Wolves then?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 12:50:54 AM »
Fans in this division aren't going to miss out on a chance to visit CampNeux.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 12:57:51 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 12:57:21 AM »

I’ll have a look at who they have played at home ,what day / time it was and if it was televised. I know we played some of  the already poorest supported teams like QPR in midweek    We also played teams like Sunderland late in the season, they’d have brought far  more on a Saturday earlier in the season .We’re not talking much difference between ours and Wolves figures so not much required to tip the scales IMO

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »
32k home average is pretty decent at this level too. What's that, a couple of thousand drop on our Premier League average?

I think that's the thing with the Villa, people talk about our potential pulling power, but our attendances never seem to change that drastically whether we're in the top third of the Premier League or bottom third of the Championship.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
It's 7-8,000 lower than when we had a pretty dreary home record for 3 years under O'Neill.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2018, 08:09:45 AM »

Their team has a much bigger chance of winning at Small Heath than at Wolves or Villa?

Online walsall villain

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2018, 08:14:15 AM »
It's 7-8,000 lower than when we had a pretty dreary home record for 3 years under O'Neill.
That’s the only period I can recall in all my years of watching the Villa that attendances we’re consistently high. I reckon JJ-AV is right, our norm is for the attendance to be well short of capacity with the odd full house.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »

I’ll have a look at who they have played at home ,what day / time it was and if it was televised. I know we played some of  the already poorest supported teams like QPR in midweek    We also played teams like Sunderland late in the season, they’d have brought far  more on a Saturday earlier in the season .We’re not talking much difference between ours and Wolves figures so not much required to tip the scales IMO

You've also got to factor in things like cost and availability of tickets etc.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2018, 08:46:14 AM »
The away end at Wolves is crap aswell. One of the worst around, spread all along the side of the pitch.

We're not as high as you may think for visiting fans because of midweek games and a lot of teams like Reading, QPR, Norwich etc have been here many times over the years. Also, our home record is very good so teams may have wrote it off that they'll lose here.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2018, 09:42:48 AM »
That’s the only period I can recall in all my years of watching the Villa that attendances we’re consistently high. I reckon JJ-AV is right, our norm is for the attendance to be well short of capacity with the odd full house.

I think mid table Prem would yield about 37k average. Top6 in Prem now would be over 40k

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal