collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Risso
[Today at 11:50:59 AM]

Champions League Contention by Monty
[Today at 11:49:33 AM]

Villa song by Bad English
[Today at 11:49:08 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 11:48:09 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:46:40 AM]

Villa Dreams and Superstitions by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:41:58 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by LeeS
[Today at 11:30:39 AM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by enigma
[Today at 11:10:40 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The play offs.  (Read 106703 times)

Offline spangley1812

Re: The play offs.
« Reply #540 on: May 08, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
Just found out my mate went to buy a ticket today only to be told he couldn’t as a ticket had already been purchased on his ID no. He hasn’t already bought it and found out someone else has used his ID. Anyone else experienced this? If so, did the ticket office do anything?

I would have thought they should be able to block the original purchase and re-issue as long as he can prove his ID?

That’s what we thought. Wasn’t sure if the ticket office would care what with all the demand and how busy they are.

I am sure they will care and should be able to check where the ticket has gone to......via post, email, etc and the name on the card that was used for the transaction....This is the sort of thing best sorted out in person though

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #541 on: May 09, 2018, 05:42:03 AM »
Apart from having to edit my ticket, it was pretty easy. Just need to sort the away one now.

Just got mine
Had a go at editing them but Champions League Final 17/18 across the top didn't work........

You must have accidentally clicked on the Wolves website....

I can live with £20 for the play off semi but will be intrigued to see the Wembley pricing when we get through. If it is at cup final levels that would be massively taking the piss.

A quick google search revealed last years prices as £98, £76, £64, £52 and £36.
Yep the whole Wembley "experience" will be in full swing.

I'm yet to have a good view at Wembley. I even spent £100 odd on the Cup Final ticket and still ended up in a corner.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #542 on: May 09, 2018, 10:26:32 AM »
Apart from having to edit my ticket, it was pretty easy. Just need to sort the away one now.

Just got mine
Had a go at editing them but Champions League Final 17/18 across the top didn't work........

You must have accidentally clicked on the Wolves website....

I can live with £20 for the play off semi but will be intrigued to see the Wembley pricing when we get through. If it is at cup final levels that would be massively taking the piss.

A quick google search revealed last years prices as £98, £76, £64, £52 and £36.
Yep the whole Wembley "experience" will be in full swing.

I'm yet to have a good view at Wembley. I even spent £100 odd on the Cup Final ticket and still ended up in a corner.

I think the most annoying thing is that there seems to be no pattern to sales. Jane and I got ours for the 2015 Cup Final as Season Ticket holders who'd been to every round, yet ended up in the same block, only about 10 rows in front, of our husbands who'd scraped their tickets by buying for 3 games AFTER we got to the final! Even then - 2 of those were junior tickets as they couldn't actually get to the games but just bought tickets to get the 'stubs'.

In 2010 I got our tickets within 5 minutes of the lines opening, and ended up above the Royal Box - which sounds good but it's really high up, and if we'd won the cup we wouldn't have seen us collect it!

You would think there could be some option to get a better choice of tickets for those who meet higher qualifying criteria. Apparently, for the 2015 semi-final - tickets on the half way line were released after they'd been selling for about a week already! For that one we were right on the back wall of the bottom tier behind the goal with a post box view! - Although - banging like mad on that wall to make as much noise as possible was great fun!

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #543 on: May 09, 2018, 10:29:53 AM »
Don't worry, we won't get to the play-off final.

I've already booked a hotel for the 26th.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #544 on: May 09, 2018, 11:37:51 AM »
thanks for that.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #545 on: May 09, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »

I think the most annoying thing is that there seems to be no pattern to sales. Jane and I got ours for the 2015 Cup Final as Season Ticket holders who'd been to every round, yet ended up in the same block, only about 10 rows in front, of our husbands who'd scraped their tickets by buying for 3 games AFTER we got to the final! Even then - 2 of those were junior tickets as they couldn't actually get to the games but just bought tickets to get the 'stubs'.

In 2010 I got our tickets within 5 minutes of the lines opening, and ended up above the Royal Box - which sounds good but it's really high up, and if we'd won the cup we wouldn't have seen us collect it!

You would think there could be some option to get a better choice of tickets for those who meet higher qualifying criteria. Apparently, for the 2015 semi-final - tickets on the half way line were released after they'd been selling for about a week already! For that one we were right on the back wall of the bottom tier behind the goal with a post box view! - Although - banging like mad on that wall to make as much noise as possible was great fun!

Yeah - my history is similarly erratic too. Almost identical viewpoints for the League Cup Final and FA Cup Semi v Chelsea. Except we got the 'second tier' for the first and cheapest for the latter.

FA Cup semi v Liverpool was probaby my best view, although upper tier I was near the front - that was the cheapest option. Then the most expensive for the final, which I think was £110. Near the front but stuffed in the corner so not a good view at all.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
I had the same seat in the semi-final that I had for the Final in 2015, but it cost me £20.00 more.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2018, 12:05:09 PM »
My lucky Wembley end must be behind the goal to the right of the royal box where I was for the '94 final against United and the 2000 Bolton semi. If I am anywhere else it doesn't end well.

Online john2710

« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »
Bobby Madley's the ref for the game at Boro' and our dear friend Mike Dean's the ref for the home leg.

You just know Dean's going to have some influence one way or another.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2018, 01:43:47 PM »
Bobby Madley's the ref for the game at Boro' and our dear friend Mike Dean's the ref for the home leg.

You just know Dean's going to have some influence one way or another.

Christ. Mike Dean? I don’t think we’ve ever won a game that he’s been the referee for.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2018, 02:29:03 PM »
Sure it's been covered so apologies but do away goals count in the play offs?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #551 on: May 09, 2018, 02:30:06 PM »
No, they don't.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #552 on: May 09, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »
So a conservative approach on Saturday would be expected? If we get a 0-0 up there, then an early Boro goal on Tuesday would not be anywhere near as bad then if they did count.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #553 on: May 09, 2018, 02:52:06 PM »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #554 on: May 09, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »
So a conservative approach on Saturday would be expected? If we get a 0-0 up there, then an early Boro goal on Tuesday would not be anywhere near as bad then if they did count.

All immaterial. Whip ‘em 3-0 Saturday and 2-0 up by half time Tuesday evening should do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal