collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leeds Post-Match Thread  (Read 16348 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Aston Villa v Leeds Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2018, 10:08:54 PM »
Solid enough win but for our playoff hopes we need to iron out our awful decision making sharpish. If this was one of the two-legged ties I would be raging at how many good chances we squandered.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »
Solid enough win but for our playoff hopes we need to iron out our awful decision making sharpish. If this was one of the two-legged ties I would be raging at how many good chances we squandered.

Fair point.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2018, 10:12:01 PM »

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 10:13:52 PM »
I'd wanted to see a lot more, but three games in six days (more or less) and it still keeps us in touch somehow. That might not mean much in the end but we've done what we can.

Kodjia's looking very rusty. Could do with a goal, but then couldn't many of them.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2018, 10:25:19 PM »
Kodjia was awful but I guess injury has taken a lot out of him and it will take a few games to get him back in tune.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2018, 10:36:28 PM »
SE if you lived in Norwich you will doubtless know the patron saint of the city is Julian oddly a woman credited with being the first woman to write a book. It was a book of her belief which was All Shall Be Well.  Could have been written for Villa fans.

I did know that Brian. Gawd bless her, as I'm sure He did (I always think that the fact the He insists on that capitalisation for the personal pronoun there makes Him look a bit petty).

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2018, 10:42:31 PM »
Easy win.

The most impressive thing about Leeds was their fans, very loud. Must have been about 160,000 of them

Amazed by the comments about Onomah. I thought he was poor. Fails over a lot. That seemed to be the general opinion of people around us.

Anyway, who cares.

Leeds are shite. So many of their players seem to have almost no technique. I thought their number 10 was their best player, and they took him off.

I am allowing myself to start to think we could finish second. If only we had taken something from QPR and Norwich.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2018, 10:43:52 PM »
SE if you lived in Norwich you will doubtless know the patron saint of the city is Julian oddly a woman credited with being the first woman to write a book. It was a book of her belief which was All Shall Be Well.  Could have been written for Villa fans.

I did know that Brian. Gawd bless her, as I'm sure He did (I always think that the fact the He insists on that capitalisation for the personal pronoun there makes Him look a bit petty).

Lovely woman, by all accounts. There’s a church of St Julian (presume it’s still there) in King’s Heath.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
Very good first half. Very comfortable and dominant.
Average second half. Poor final ball and decision making and made hard work of it against a dreadful Leeds side.

Leeds are garbage and we should have won that far more comfortably. We need to click again as an attacking unit before the play offs. Kodjia needs a goal.

Another piss poor atmosphere at VP. The Holte is a shadow of it's former self, hopefully they remember how to sing in the play offs. Leeds' support was excellent considering the crap they're served up every week and every season.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2018, 10:58:31 PM »
Not the most classic game of football but three points in the bag and play-off place cemented. Thought we played well first half and had them pretty much under the cosh for the first half hour. A second goal would have helped calm the nerves, and the longer the second half went on the more tired some of our players looked and more of the play went to them. Special mention tonight for Whelan - he gets a lot of stick (me included) but I thought he played really well tonight, probably his best game since he came here. Be interesting to see who gets the nod between Jedinak, Whelan and Thor when Terry comes back and they're all fit.  Tiring week for the players - three games in under a week, but now over a week between each of our last three games, so time for recuperation and rejuvenation for the play-offs, or maybe, just maybe......

Offline levico

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2018, 11:01:44 PM »
Thought Jedi was immense tonight.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
Average second half. Poor final ball and decision making and made hard work of it against a dreadful Leeds side.

Leeds are garbage and we should have won that far more comfortably. We need to click again as an attacking unit before the play offs. Kodjia needs a goal.

Another piss poor atmosphere at VP. The Holte is a shadow of it's former self, hopefully they remember how to sing in the play offs. Leeds' support was excellent considering the crap they're served up every week and every season.

30k plus twice in the space of four days is also very good. Not surprised you found fault though.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2018, 11:09:35 PM »

30k plus twice in the space of four days is also very good. Not surprised you found fault though.
Didn't criticise the numbers did I? I agree they were two healthy crowds and would have been even higher if we were in the realistic hunt for 2nd. Noise-wise though it was dreadful tonight. People will dig me out for it no doubt but no-one can disagree. The atmosphere is shocking these days.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »
It was another one of those games where we didn't seem to do very much to get the three points. I couldn't see them scoring though so it was fairly comfortable.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:14:04 PM by Clampy »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »
I’m surprised old QV bothered with the match report. Should have just gone straight for the shit crowd m’lord routine as per.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal