collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:43:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Queens Park Rangers Pre-Match Thread [POSTPONED]  (Read 39084 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: Aston Villa vs Queens Park Rangers Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2018, 07:04:41 AM »
Always an opposition I expect us to beat at VP regardless of form. When did QPR last win here in the league?

Would be happy with 2-0.

1992. They are one of the few clubs that have a winning record against us in all competitions, mainly because we've been so wank at Loftus Road over the years.

I've just looked that game up. We lost 0-1 at Villa Park in front of a crowd of 19,630 on the 14th of March. I would have been at the game but have no recollection of it whatsoever. Possibly because it was played on a fellow H&V poster's birthday so I'm guessing we all went out and got pissed after the game. To be fair we used to do that after every game but you know how it is when it is someone's birthday, you have a few extra to be sociable.
I remember that game mainly because I got the train up from London with a mate who hailed from Perry Barr, had beers on the train with some QPR fans, went out in Brum and got smashed in Le Brum Pub (someone please tell me I'm not making this memory up and it actually existed), stayed at his Mum's and came back the next day. I felt really bad as I didn't call in and see my Mum & Dad. I remember very little about the match.

Le Pub certainly existed

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2018, 08:21:43 AM »
The game where he came on was afterwards, by which time he was at Wednesday, I think. I remember he got booed but some of it was fear as we remembered what he'd done on his last visit. He was on from the start in the hat-trick game. I think that defeat probably did us a favour as we went about fifteen unbeaten afterwards, and went from relegation-threatened dross to title contenders.

That's about right. It was the QPR game when Sir Graham sent the trainer on with instructions to Paul McGrath to try and get to the end of the match without falling over.
Yes. Quite right. I looked it up and it says he came on as sub for the second half of the game against Sheffield Wednesday in February (1-0.Platt. 90'). It must have been there I heard the deafening [oh fuck! No! Not him!] boos.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2018, 09:53:40 AM »

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2018, 10:38:49 AM »
QPR-supporting mate of mine has sent me the following:

I'm just going to pretend it's not happening. 5 or 6 nil easy. We're on a bad run again, all about getting to the summer without getting relegated or getting a transfer embargo. Not looking forward to any away game at this point.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2018, 10:49:30 AM »
If Grealish plays I think we can open them up, but without him it will be more about grinding through them. They pushed Wolves close the last ten minutes, although they are a side we ought to beat.

I would go with;

Johnstone

Taylor
Terry
Chester
Elmo

Jedinak

Grabban
Hourihane
Grealish
Snoddy

Hogan

If Grealish is out, then bring Davis in and go 4-4-2.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2018, 10:53:15 AM »
My flight to Brum is still go for Saturday but what are the chances of games being cancelled?

Ireland is under 10cm of snow right now with another 20cm due tomorrow. Most businesses have shut down for the day although the airport is still operational.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »
...had beers on the train with some QPR fans, went out in Brum and got smashed in Le Brum Pub....

Le Pub certainly existed

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2018, 11:13:13 AM »
And obviously the following season, smashing them 4-1 on the opening day. Andy Townsend's debut, and a couple of screamers from Dalian and Staunton.
It was the first match that the Old Witton Lane was transformed into the two tier stand we know today. It was bloody boiling!!!

What a day that was. Obviously a repeat of that would be acceptable.

Got to admit also our 3-2 victory over them in Lambert's first season was quite thrilling.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »
And obviously the following season, smashing them 4-1 on the opening day. Andy Townsend's debut, and a couple of screamers from Dalian and Staunton.
It was the first match that the Old Witton Lane was transformed into the two tier stand we know today. It was bloody boiling!!!

Got to admit also our 3-2 victory over them in Lambert's first season was quite thrilling.

As was the Benteke hat trick must win under Sherwood.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
Do you reckon the game maybe called off I know the pitch will be Ok but the surrounding area for supporters to get about might be too bad if the weather get's worse what is it like in the midlands at the moment as I'm in London.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
Do you reckon the game maybe called off I know the pitch will be Ok but the surrounding area for supporters to get about might be too bad if the weather get's worse what is it like in the midlands at the moment as I'm in London.

We’ve dodged the worst of it so far. Let’s hope it’ll hold until the weekend

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »

Wasn't that a draw?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »
Weather Forecast says the beast from the east will show up Friday and Saturday.  The game has to be in doubt.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2018, 12:04:57 PM »
Weather Forecast says the beast from the east will show up Friday and Saturday.  The game has to be in doubt.

That's no way to talk about Mr Green ;)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2018, 12:19:14 PM »

Wasn't that a draw?

Yes. Benteke got the equalizer with a free kick.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal