collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread  (Read 18740 times)

Offline QuintonVilla

Re: Sheffield Wednesday v Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2018, 11:14:51 PM »
Changing my draw prediction to a 2-0 defeat. We'll set up not to lose and it will go tits up. Brucie baby will blame injuries, forgetting that Wednesday have got a longer injury list than us.

And when that happens, I for one will blame the fans.
Ok sweetheart   :-*

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2018, 08:30:45 AM »
The only time I went to Sheffield Wednesday I got punched in the stomach outside by one of their fans who was sulking that we'd beaten them. Hopefully we tank them today just to ruin his weekend.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
Would rather see RHM on the bench than Gabby.

of course If hes fit

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2018, 11:11:53 AM »

I can't say I'm feeling particularly confident about this afternoon TBH. Our injury list continues to jeopardise automatic promotion ambitions and Bruce's uber-cautious approach thwarts any potential attacking capabilities. I realise the Wendy's have plenty of player issues themselves, so I'm resigning myself to a turgid affair with chances at a premium. I'd be surprised to see either net rustle, so any such occurrence will probably be very significant. Consequently my money is on a goalless draw, but I still remain hopeful of us sneakin' it with a moment of inspiration &/or good fortune.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
I think the results to injury graph is an inverted bell curve. When we're full strength (it must have happened once...) or close to it, we're a decent team at this level and can beat most teams (as shown Jan-early Feb). A few injuries and we tend to rely on keeping things tight and nullifying the opposition, with the aim to sneak a goal in the small period were on top. This tends to see results dip dramatically. Then we have times when we have so many injuries, we have to rely on kids and throw caution to the wind a bit more (Norwich at home for example) and results pick up again. I think we've reached that point now so I'm incredibly confident of a win and am off to a popular gambling website to place a whole £2 on us. Get in now before this theory spreads and the odds tumble.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2018, 11:38:20 AM »
With you on that boozey. Today is going going to be free flowing fare with goals galore.  1st time to Hillsborough so looking forward to it

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2018, 01:54:04 PM »
The one concern I have if possible O'Hare starts today is his physical side and that if he is ready. Technically he's fine and can move around well between the lines I'm fact very well good movement is impressive off the ball however this is championship football and not academy so that is only concern. Obviously soon see if he's starting but will be involved so that good measure and I rooting for him but can't expect upon too much there young shoulders. The other thing is that injury list grossly annoying. Up the villa like another 1 nil away win.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »
Yet Barry Bannan has a pretty good career for them.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2018, 02:02:52 PM »
Glenn Whealan back today then.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2018, 02:05:48 PM »
Glenn Whealan back today then.
[/quote
Oh dear Whelan and Onomah that's 2 passengers

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2018, 02:10:38 PM »
Awful line up. Totally safety first but probably not actually that safe

Offline boozey182

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2018, 02:13:43 PM »
I think the results to injury graph is an inverted bell curve. When we're full strength (it must have happened once...) or close to it, we're a decent team at this level and can beat most teams (as shown Jan-early Feb). A few injuries and we tend to rely on keeping things tight and nullifying the opposition, with the aim to sneak a goal in the small period were on top. This tends to see results dip dramatically. Then we have times when we have so many injuries, we have to rely on kids and throw caution to the wind a bit more (Norwich at home for example) and results pick up again. I think we've reached that point now so I'm incredibly confident of a win and am off to a popular gambling website to place a whole £2 on us. Get in now before this theory spreads and the odds tumble.

I hearby retract this optimism. Apologies.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2018, 02:15:14 PM »
If we fuck this up , no more sympathy for Bruce. His selections smack of scaredy-cat mentality.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal