collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Family Fun Zone  (Read 7561 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Family Fun Zone
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »
So given I’ve kinda acknowledged I’m making use of Under 3’s allowed in the family zone, I’ve already fessed up to starting early!
So
1) ear defenders have arrived,
mindful of minimal signal in the stadium
2) I know I need to have some stuff downloaded on the tablet
3) drinks (probably going to be tricky given the rules?) snacks/treats

Any other top tips?

I’m realising the 20min (from usual parking street) pleasant walk through the park/say hello to Aston Hall could either be a really good idea after a two hour (!) drive or a mistake, wondering if I should break a habit of a lifetime and actually pay for some parking closer (but how much closer is realistic/at what cost per match/the season??) can always pop to the park if needed anyway - any suggestions?

Anything else I’m not thinking of those of you that have taken (very!) little ones.
Planning on taking my little girl (7) to her first match this season. She's really in to sport generally, but it was quite sweet how she asked about going to football. For context, she knows I support Aston Villa but has no idea where that is. We've taken her to Birmingham a few times tho on day trips, mostly for shopping.

"Daddy, would you take me to a football match?"
"Yeah of course, we'll try to get to one soon"
"Do they play football in Birmingham?"
"They do, yeah"
"I'd like to watch a football match in Birmingham"
"Yeah, I think me and grampy Taylor would too..."

Anyway, my cousin's daughter - a few months older than her - also wants to go too for her first game so that'll be nice hopefully, if she's got a little football mate.

Veered madly off topic. Planning to take a tablet with some films on, mostly for the travelling, and some drinks & snacks. Maybe a little toy or something for in the ground. Then probably take her shopping in the morning, go to the family fun zone thing, then with any luck she'll enjoy the experience & have a friend to talk to if/when she gets bored.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2021, 01:25:07 PM »
Thanks for responses (and any others to come), just to avoid any misinformation, I'd been told the home debut package thing was on hold for now, and I've not seen/heard anything about the Family Fun Zone being up and running yet, I'd presume that it would also be on hold at this stage, happy to be advised if anyone knows any better.

(and yes I think it's going to be a stretch/ambitious starting young, but she's mature for her age on a good day (!) and have heard others managed it; the only way I'm getting there so we'll see how it goes!)

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2021, 04:53:57 PM »
I messaged @AVFCSupport on Twitter and they have confirmed the fun zone IS OPEN on Saturday.  Great news for those with kids.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2021, 05:44:42 PM »
I messaged @AVFCSupport on Twitter and they have confirmed the fun zone IS OPEN on Saturday.  Great news for those with kids.

Ah wow thanks for that, that’s significant news

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2021, 05:55:13 PM »
Thanks for responses (and any others to come), just to avoid any misinformation, I'd been told the home debut package thing was on hold for now, and I've not seen/heard anything about the Family Fun Zone being up and running yet, I'd presume that it would also be on hold at this stage, happy to be advised if anyone knows any better.

(and yes I think it's going to be a stretch/ambitious starting young, but she's mature for her age on a good day (!) and have heard others managed it; the only way I'm getting there so we'll see how it goes!)

I found the home debut to be brilliant, but it did make the day too long. I took my nephew at five and by kick off he was totally ready to home! I do think it’s better for slightly older kids who can appreciate the closeness to the players, & what it actually means to sit in the dugout etc. He’s 7 now and I think he would enjoy it more.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2021, 03:25:36 PM »

Any news on timings of this, no response from Twitter :/

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2021, 05:38:48 PM »

It’s been a while now since I’ve been with my lad, but they used to be open by 12ish and were still open at 2.45pm. The ones left were parents desperately trying to coax their kids away from the place!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:24:59 PM by CT »

Offline alan_clarke

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2021, 09:23:48 PM »
Took my 4 year old lad to his first game vs watford last week. He cried on every goal and we left at 3-0. He did blame his tears on being surrounded by home fans though. He’s still well up for his VP debut this weekend

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2021, 10:52:43 PM »
Planning on taking my little girl (7) to her first match this season. She's really in to sport generally, but it was quite sweet how she asked about going to football. For context, she knows I support Aston Villa but has no idea where that is. We've taken her to Birmingham a few times tho on day trips, mostly for shopping.

"Daddy, would you take me to a football match?"
"Yeah of course, we'll try to get to one soon"
"Do they play football in Birmingham?"
"They do, yeah"
"I'd like to watch a football match in Birmingham"
"Yeah, I think me and grampy Taylor would too..."

Anyway, my cousin's daughter - a few months older than her - also wants to go too for her first game so that'll be nice hopefully, if she's got a little football mate.

Veered madly off topic. Planning to take a tablet with some films on, mostly for the travelling, and some drinks & snacks. Maybe a little toy or something for in the ground. Then probably take her shopping in the morning, go to the family fun zone thing, then with any luck she'll enjoy the experience & have a friend to talk to if/when she gets bored.
That's brilliant mate. I hope she enjoys her visit and no doubt will fall in love with it all.

Online Dave P

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »

It’s been a while now since I’ve been with my lad, but they used to be open by 12ish and were still open at 2.45pm. The ones left were parents desperately trying to coax their kids away from the place!

Sounds about right but I’ve got a feeling it opens at 1

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2021, 10:56:33 AM »
My 6 year old has his first match next week v Brentford..

Definitely going to go early, walk around, fun zone thing, shop visit, dirty burger, and yes to a tablet.... He loves the FotMob app, looking at the tables, results and highlights of other games.

The noise is my worry, because it will be loud!

Online Sdwbvf

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2021, 07:43:49 PM »
Ear defenders.

I took them to Wembley for an England game a couple of years ago. He didn't need them. Villa Park however they are a must.

Offline alan_clarke

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2021, 12:11:44 AM »
So what’s actually on offer in the Fun Zone?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2021, 08:56:47 AM »
My 6 year old has his first match next week v Brentford..

Definitely going to go early, walk around, fun zone thing, shop visit, dirty burger, and yes to a tablet.... He loves the FotMob app, looking at the tables, results and highlights of other games.

The noise is my worry, because it will be loud!

Depends where you're sitting.  I took my lad a couple of years ago when he was 5 and we were up in the top tier of the Trinity where the "family area" is/was.  He had no need for ear protection up there.  It would've been a different story in the Holte though.

Online Dave P

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2021, 09:04:39 AM »
So what’s actually on offer in the Fun Zone?

There is normally inflatables, face painting, games of football, a DJ. That sort of thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal