collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 12:37:17 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by steamer
[Today at 12:34:18 PM]

Champions League Contention by Billy Walker
[Today at 12:32:33 PM]

Diego Carlos by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 12:30:57 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:22:22 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard
[Today at 12:17:55 PM]

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Family Fun Zone  (Read 7557 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
Re: Family Fun Zone
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 03:02:58 AM »
Struggled to find any thread on the family zone seating (or prior discussions I remember of how young is too young, but that horse has bolted already!) I’m curious of
1) people’s experience of being in the family section
2) anyone done the https://www.avfc.co.uk/fans/junior-villans/my-home-debut/ package? Not that I expect it’s going on atm…
3) only family zone allows under 3s in - go on then, what’s the youngest anyone has taken a nipper

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 08:36:19 AM »
I took my lad at 5 and a half and did the My Home Debut package and I have to say it was fantastic. He loved the lap of the pitch, getting close to the players warning up and seeing his name on the big screen.

The only downside is he now thinks that happens every time we go to the football!!

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
Struggled to find any thread on the family zone seating (or prior discussions I remember of how young is too young, but that horse has bolted already!) I’m curious of
2) anyone done the https://www.avfc.co.uk/fans/junior-villans/my-home-debut/ package? Not that I expect it’s going on atm…
3) only family zone allows under 3s in - go on then, what’s the youngest anyone has taken a nipper
Curious as to some of the answers to this.  My little girl (7 years old) is mad in to football at the moment, so thinking of taking her in the near-ish future. 

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 09:22:26 AM »
I took my nephew at 5 & he loved the family fun zone even though he was too little to go on most things and the queues for everything were massive. He also loved doing the tour of the pitch & meeting Hercules before the game.
The only thing I would say about the home debut package is that it does make it a long day for a little one, & he’d totally had enough by half time (well after about half an hour). We left at half time because I wanted him to remember that he’d had a good time.
The next time we went we spent about half an hour in the fun zone before the game and he stayed for the whole match easily even though we lost.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2021, 09:54:36 AM »
Curious as to some of the answers to this.  My little girl (7 years old) is mad in to football at the moment, so thinking of taking her in the near-ish future.

I'd definitely recommend the Home Debut package.  Did it with our daughter a couple of years ago and she had a great time in the fun zone to start with, and then we also got to sit in the dugout and go round the pitch pre-game as the atmosphere was building.  To be honest, I loved it as much as she did!

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2021, 02:51:45 PM »
Took my lad one day short of his fourth birthday, and we sat in the upper Trinity, so it was wasn’t very intense or loud up there for him.

He loved it, saw John Carew score and then fell asleep for the second half. General Krulak even got me a cat park pass for the North Stand!

He used to love the fun day set up, but alas, is far too old and cool for that sort of stuff anymore.

Offline Thakur Baldev Singh

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2021, 08:43:24 PM »
Rather than some pre organised pre match  zone.

Why not go down one of the local pubs, meet real fans in a pub setting,  wheres there songs, banter,  and villa talk.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2021, 10:21:53 PM »
I'd hazard a guess that it's boring for a child to sit in a pub listening to chat that they don't really understand.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2021, 11:48:18 PM »
My lad’s first game was Fulham away at the age of 5. Stood on the seat for the whole game. Lost 3 0. Never been in the fun zone due to queue outside, but he already has a pre match routine of burger outside, go in to stand and build atmosphere before demanding my phone to play games at half time. Noise is a killer for him even in Trinity upper (well until he wants to make it too). Will be taking his ear defenders in future.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2021, 01:03:29 AM »
My lad’s first game was Fulham away at the age of 5. Stood on the seat for the whole game. Lost 3 0. Never been in the fun zone due to queue outside, but he already has a pre match routine of burger outside, go in to stand and build atmosphere before demanding my phone to play games at half time. Noise is a killer for him even in Trinity upper (well until he wants to make it too). Will be taking his ear defenders in future.

That’s a helpful idea, ear defenders just in case perhaps, thanks, and for other responses, keep em coming!

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2021, 09:18:36 AM »

My daughter is 9 and has been to a few games over the past 3-4 years and now has a season ticket.  She still takes her ear defenders.  And don't be put off by the queue for the fun zone, it does go down pretty quick.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2021, 11:18:17 PM »
So given I’ve kinda acknowledged I’m making use of Under 3’s allowed in the family zone, I’ve already fessed up to starting early!
So
1) ear defenders have arrived,
mindful of minimal signal in the stadium
2) I know I need to have some stuff downloaded on the tablet
3) drinks (probably going to be tricky given the rules?) snacks/treats

Any other top tips?

I’m realising the 20min (from usual parking street) pleasant walk through the park/say hello to Aston Hall could either be a really good idea after a two hour (!) drive or a mistake, wondering if I should break a habit of a lifetime and actually pay for some parking closer (but how much closer is realistic/at what cost per match/the season??) can always pop to the park if needed anyway - any suggestions?

Anything else I’m not thinking of those of you that have taken (very!) little ones.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 08:51:58 AM »
The most used phrase from me during a game is "stop kicking the seat".  Also be prepared for missing chunks of the game for toilet breaks.  Other than that, enjoy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 09:16:29 AM »
You're a brave man! I think 6 is the youngest I took any of mine. Much younger, and I just don't think they'd have got enough out of it to make it worthwhile. Too much driving and walking, and then lack of attenion to enjoy a game of football and being in a stadium for a whole two and a bit hours.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
So given I’ve kinda acknowledged I’m making use of Under 3’s allowed in the family zone, I’ve already fessed up to starting early!
So
1) ear defenders have arrived,
mindful of minimal signal in the stadium
2) I know I need to have some stuff downloaded on the tablet
3) drinks (probably going to be tricky given the rules?) snacks/treats

Any other top tips?

I’m realising the 20min (from usual parking street) pleasant walk through the park/say hello to Aston Hall could either be a really good idea after a two hour (!) drive or a mistake, wondering if I should break a habit of a lifetime and actually pay for some parking closer (but how much closer is realistic/at what cost per match/the season??) can always pop to the park if needed anyway - any suggestions?

Anything else I’m not thinking of those of you that have taken (very!) little ones.

Tesco on Aston Lane have done parking for about a fiver for the past few seasons.

I doubt that you'll get much closer than that, and it's the right side of the stadium for the Fun Zone

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal