collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Olneythelonely
[Today at 04:34:09 PM]

FFP by Drummond
[Today at 04:33:36 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 04:31:41 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 04:25:59 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Louzie0
[Today at 04:22:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Risso
[Today at 04:19:35 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Olneythelonely
[Today at 04:34:09 PM]

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 04:33:36 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 04:32:53 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 04:31:41 PM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 04:30:13 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 04:29:17 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:26:39 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 04:26:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park  (Read 57311 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2018, 12:14:29 AM »
Black Sabbath are one of the greatest bands of all time. Can't really be arsed with his solo stuff, though.

First two are excellent I think.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
Reggae or reggae/dub would be perfect - though I would pick different songs for a win and for a defeat.

Obviously something upbeat and 'singalong' for a win. Maybe UB40's version of 'Baby Come Back' for when we go up, words changed to 'Villa We're Back' ... maybe. I'll let others wordsmith.

I also think something in the build-up about Brum, the place and the people before a final walk-on song could be suitably stirring - maybe commission Benjamin Zephaniah to write something.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
Fuckin' ell I thought heavy metal was pretty much the worst idea ever until someone came up with the suggestion of reggae. 

Come backy Ozzy you tuneless bag of shite, all is forgiven.

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »
Fuckin' ell I thought heavy metal was pretty much the worst idea ever until someone came up with the suggestion of reggae. 

Lol I'm a metal fan but its not really sing along stuff. Ozzy is already back - don't they play Crazy Train before every match? Someone up the thread said its not necessarily about the sing ability but the rhythm, impact and drama that can be as important. Enter Sandman by Metallica is not really a sing along song but plenty of US sporting teams come out to it to great dramatic effect.

The last time I can remember any song at Villa making any kind of lasting impression on me was when Dean Saunders was playing and they used to come out to Geno by Dexy's.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »
There’ll never be agreement on this, such is the nature of music.

Hurricane Smith for me.

But every occasion is different.

The Oasis thing clearly had resonance for a particular reason with the Reading match. We can discuss this forever and a day and there’s unlikely to be agreement.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2018, 01:11:26 PM »
I don't like it. I'd rather fans were given the opportunity to sing whatever comes into their heads, spontaneously, rather than having this inflicted on us and making it impossible for any other chant to start, naturally, of its own accord.
To be fair, our songs are generally shit and completely unoriginal. Whats that, a new player you say? How can we cram his name into 7 Nation Army....

John Terry Tinder song is crap and insulting, we think of a good song for Alan Hutton (500 miles) and then choose to sing one line of it over and over (im not sure if most people even know its 500 miles anymore)

I like DWBIA and honestly dont care that it has no connection with Villa or the Midlands

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
After long thought and much contemplation I would suggest Tubthumping by Chumbawamba.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »
John Terry Tinder song is crap and insulting, we think of a good song for Alan Hutton (500 miles) and then choose to sing one line of it over and over (im not sure if most people even know its 500 miles anymore)

I get the impression the Villa yoof who tend to do the most singing aren't the brightest bunch, hence why they end of singing the one line of the Hutton song, empty seats/shit support at the away fans in a 3/4s full Villa Park and why we don't sing the full version of Holte Enders in the Sky.

Maybe we should start putting the lyrics on the screen for everyone to sing a long to?  It'd be like stadium karaoke!!!  ;)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »
I don't like it. I'd rather fans were given the opportunity to sing whatever comes into their heads, spontaneously, rather than having this inflicted on us and making it impossible for any other chant to start, naturally, of its own accord.
To be fair, our songs are generally shit and completely unoriginal. Whats that, a new player you say? How can we cram his name into 7 Nation Army....

I like DWBIA and honestly dont care that it has no connection with Villa or the Midlands

What does the 'w' stand for?!  Walk?  Wank?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2018, 01:25:26 PM »
A wank back sounds dangerous.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #490 on: April 17, 2018, 01:26:57 PM »

😂😂😂

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »

To be honest, I'd take anything with a bass line. Most of the time it's like listening to primary school sprogs chirping along to their mobiles. Or no music at all; if I wanted to see some mindless hoofs into the crowd followed by a closing anthem I'd get Rod Stewart tickets.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #492 on: April 17, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »
Agree with we don't need a song churned out at the end of the game, leave it to spontaneity.

or a medley by Bobby Crush

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #493 on: April 18, 2018, 02:39:29 PM »

What does the 'w' stand for?!  Walk?  Wank?

Wook

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #494 on: April 18, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »
To be honest, I'd take anything with a bass line.
Ah but, unless they've done it up since I was last there, the PA at Villa Park sounds like something a station platform announcer would reject for being too painful on the ears. Bass frequencies have no chance. Which I suppose rules out reggae.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal