collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 179964 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
Seems a good move for all as he's not played much.

I thought he did OK in the games he did play.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #826 on: January 22, 2018, 04:32:53 PM »
Not the worst player I've seen, injury just knackered him and we're well stocked at right back.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #827 on: January 22, 2018, 04:33:57 PM »
Via Google Translate...

Does Ritchie De Laet react to the rumors about a return to Antwerp?  Striking tweet suggests that
Photo: © photonews
Antwerp may still be involved in the transfer market and then there is a good chance that the Great Old, with the contacts of Luciano D'Onofrio, will have a well-known name. A player who was linked to the PhD student on Monday morning is Ritchie De Laet.

Although the talks between Antwerp and De Laet are not concrete, the interest is mutual, Monday morning in Het Laatste Nieuws . ( Read HERE about a possible loan to the Great Old )

On Monday afternoon, the 29-year-old defender of Aston Villa sent a striking tweet into the world. "I know nothing," wrote De Laet, who also adjusted his profile picture on Twitter. A photo in the shirt of The Vilans made way for one with the logo of Antwerp .

The Belgian neo-first division is the club of his heart, that De Laet never left. Earlier the rearguard player flirted once with a return to the Bosuil. On Sunday he followed the cracker back Club Brugge as well.

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2018-01-22/reageert-ritchie-de-laet-op-de-geruchten#ixzz54vq0h133

I've no idea what "following the cracker back" entails, but I think it might be racist.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #828 on: January 22, 2018, 05:09:14 PM »
A shame really because he might have been useful next season if we get back up and he didn't look a bad player but it's understandable.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #829 on: January 22, 2018, 05:10:15 PM »
Lucky guy. Antwerp is brilliant.

Offline exigo

« Reply #830 on: January 22, 2018, 05:12:22 PM »
I'd like to see all transfer rumours put through Google Translate.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #831 on: January 22, 2018, 07:02:37 PM »
Via Google Translate...

Does Ritchie De Laet react to the rumors about a return to Antwerp?  Striking tweet suggests that
Photo: © photonews
Antwerp may still be involved in the transfer market and then there is a good chance that the Great Old, with the contacts of Luciano D'Onofrio, will have a well-known name. A player who was linked to the PhD student on Monday morning is Ritchie De Laet.

Although the talks between Antwerp and De Laet are not concrete, the interest is mutual, Monday morning in Het Laatste Nieuws . ( Read HERE about a possible loan to the Great Old )

On Monday afternoon, the 29-year-old defender of Aston Villa sent a striking tweet into the world. "I know nothing," wrote De Laet, who also adjusted his profile picture on Twitter. A photo in the shirt of The Vilans made way for one with the logo of Antwerp .

The Belgian neo-first division is the club of his heart, that De Laet never left. Earlier the rearguard player flirted once with a return to the Bosuil. On Sunday he followed the cracker back Club Brugge as well.

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2018-01-22/reageert-ritchie-de-laet-op-de-geruchten#ixzz54vq0h133

I've no idea what "following the cracker back" entails, but I think it might be racist.

I reckon it's a 'typo' & should've read Crackerjack. Thus, the racist link is with a brummegem's very own 'Don Maclean, who - prior to his hilario double-teaming with Peter 'Chuckles' Glaze on Crapperjack - was compare on the Black & White Minstrel Show.

And not a lot of people know that.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #832 on: January 22, 2018, 07:13:09 PM »
Loan only? Apparently he's been seen with some PhD student on the streets of Antwerp.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #833 on: January 22, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
Loan only? Apparently he's been seen with some PhD student on the streets of Antwerp.

Was that before or after him sending his 'striking' tweet out into the world i.e "I know nothing"?

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #834 on: January 22, 2018, 07:53:14 PM »

Was that before or after him sending his 'striking' tweet out into the world i.e "I know nothing"?
I reckon there aren't many footballers that tweet about the Socratic paradox. Mind you, what do I know?

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #835 on: January 22, 2018, 08:07:35 PM »

I reckon there aren't many footballers that tweet about the Socratic paradox. Mind you, what do I know?

Well quite. Mind you, the boy Socrates could play a bit couldn't he? Carnival football gyrating to the infectious samba rhythm isn't it? Marvellous!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:09:16 PM by auntiesledd »

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #836 on: January 22, 2018, 08:40:39 PM »
Mind  you Pythagoras could only play square or on the hypotenuse.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #837 on: January 22, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
we'll this thread has taken an interesting tangent.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #838 on: January 22, 2018, 09:40:38 PM »
If we can sign a striker that fits with the iron triangle then we are all set.

Got to the kids looking good tonight, Green scoring twice is a bonus. Would like to see him and RHM get some chances soon.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #839 on: January 22, 2018, 11:36:44 PM »
If we can sign a striker that fits with the iron triangle then we are all set.

Got to the kids looking good tonight, Green scoring twice is a bonus. Would like to see him and RHM get some chances soon.

Green should be on the bench, as he is comfortable on either wing and can offer a bit of pace in the closing stages.  Not sure we need three central midfielders on the bench like we had on Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal