collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 179906 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #690 on: January 16, 2018, 10:15:49 PM »
Ulloa hasn't been in The Leicester team for about 2 years! How depressing is it sniffing around the bargin basement of Leicester fucking City.

Tragic.  :(

Shouldn’t you be over on SHA worrying about your demise to League One?

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #691 on: January 16, 2018, 10:17:25 PM »
...it's all they pay attention to
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:22:10 PM by DeeBoy1 »

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #692 on: January 16, 2018, 10:21:24 PM »
Am I alone  in  thinking we have enough players at our disposal to get out of this division ? I think half our problem is too much choice and Steve not knowing what to do with what’s at his disposal . We seem to be building  some cohesion and team ethic . I don’t want anyone else on board not even Ronaldo ( although it would be typical Villa To pay over the odds for someone  coming to the end of their career looking for a nice little earner)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #693 on: January 16, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »
Am I alone  in  thinking we have enough players at our disposal to get out of this division ? I think half our problem is too much choice and Steve not knowing what to do with what’s at his disposal . We seem to be building  some cohesion and team ethic . I don’t want anyone else on board not even Ronaldo ( although it would be typical Villa To pay over the odds for someone  coming to the end of their career looking for a nice little earner)

I understand where you're coming from but I think going the rest of the season with just Hogan, Davis and RHM would be a risk. I'm not sure we need anyone other than a striker though.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #694 on: January 16, 2018, 10:36:00 PM »
I think we need another striker. Hogan still doesn't convince and is injury prone, Davis has lost the plot (not necessarily permanently), RHM is untested and Gabby is Gabby.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #695 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »
We definitely need a striker , with the  way we play we need someone who can hold the ball up ..Davis is good at this but still young and a bit up and down performance wise. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2018, 12:26:57 AM »
Ulloa hasn't been in The Leicester team for about 2 years! How depressing is it sniffing around the bargin basement of Leicester fucking City.

Fuck me this is getting old. You’re not a fan or customer of Aston Villa. That’s abundantly clear. You come on here on to complain. I’ve yet to see you post anything remotely positive which suggests you might need a name change.

TrollNOTVilla

Offline villabear

« Reply #697 on: January 17, 2018, 03:22:36 AM »

Back under your bridge please

Offline Damo70

« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2018, 08:40:31 AM »
I don't think Sanchez is worth all this fuss, let alone all that money. Although we live in a crazy football world where a thirty year old Jonny Evans is worth thirty million quid and Paul Lambert is considered good enough for a Premier League managers job. I'm seriously considering circulating my 'Championship Manager' CV to all the clubs in the top four divisions.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2018, 08:46:04 AM »

Would that be the same Leicester fucking City who a couple of years ago became the first Midlands team to become champions of England since The Villa in 1981?

Offline kipeye

« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2018, 08:59:45 AM »
I think Ryan Woods from Brentford would be the ideal replacement for Whelan. Has the same qualities but lots of energy and plays forward. for me-we still need this kind of playmaker in the centre of midfield.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2018, 09:22:07 AM »

Fuck me this is getting old. You’re not a fan or customer of Aston Villa. That’s abundantly clear. You come on here on to complain. I’ve yet to see you post anything remotely positive which suggests you might need a name change.

TrollNOTVilla

Quite. I checked his posting history and he made two posts in the week after the five-nil win after Bristol. One bemoaning how far we still were behind Wolves and one saying that the five-nil was a fluke one-off.

If you can't enjoy a 5-0 win, you'd be better getting another hobby. It does seem more likely he's a NoseNOTVilla.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2018, 12:34:22 PM »
Didn’t he win the Premier League with them 18 months ago and you are turning your nose up?

You have been paying attention to what’s happened at VP over the last eight years?

Nose being the operative word.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »
I think Ryan Woods from Brentford would be the ideal replacement for Whelan. Has the same qualities but lots of energy and plays forward. for me-we still need this kind of playmaker in the centre of midfield.

I rate Woods, always looks a good player to me.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #704 on: January 17, 2018, 01:04:19 PM »

I rate Woods, always looks a good player to me.
Me too.  But we can't afford him this window.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal