collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 17066 times)

Offline rougegorge

Re: QPR v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »
Just drying out as we got wet at the front but it was worth it.
After the first 20 minutes when we were poor, we got better and better and should've won by more.

Davis played very well as did Adomah and credit to the defenders who improved as they got more used to QPR's route one approach.

We only looked vulnerable when Whelan lost the ball a few times. I was amazed to see Jedinak coming on and getting to everything after what mist have been a massive party in midweek on the other side of the world.

I think Kodjia will be a loss as he gives us great options and is always a threat and it's probably a lot to ask of Davis to keep up that level week in week out.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
His name is Clarey Blue a Villa Villain always smiling  :) always willing ;D

Offline TonyD

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 06:10:03 PM »
Nice.  Three  points.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »
Nice result to wake up to :) Good job!

Offline steamer

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »
And the Villa go Marching on, glory , glory Aston Villa

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 06:16:38 PM »
The other thing we did really well near the end was time-wasting.

Players walking off very slowly to be subbed, taking 40 seconds to take a throw in, taking ages to take a set piece, all really annoying things when done by the opposition  ;)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 06:22:06 PM »
You’ve all got me to thank for this. I left after 15 minutes. There was someone in my seat when I arrived (with two minutes gone). There seemed to be way more people than seats in the lower tier, and more Herberts than usual. We were playing shit, I was getting rained on and I was in someone else’s seat. As the build up of people standing on the stairs increased I thought ‘fuck this’.

You’re welcome.

I think I trump that. Checked the match thread as I arrived at the animal sanctuary in Wythall to see posts like 'that's it then' and 'game over' as we went 1 down. Bought a black cat for £75 and by the time I'd got him home we were winning.

You're welcome.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 06:22:15 PM »
yep, as others have said, for about the first time in ages i wasn't worried near the end. Sometimes you give the opposition such a kicking you can tell they don't think they can nick a draw. They got off lightly today imo.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »
Albert the cat has a nice ring to it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Davis bullied them senseless. Pity he didn't score but he went close with his header.

Soft goal to concede but bar that volley in the second half I can't recall them going near our box.

Hourihane was good, as was Snoddy who was fouled left right and centre. In fact the whole side put in a shift and we really should have scored a lot more.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
You’ve all got me to thank for this. I left after 15 minutes. There was someone in my seat when I arrived (with two minutes gone). There seemed to be way more people than seats in the lower tier, and more Herberts than usual. We were playing shit, I was getting rained on and I was in someone else’s seat. As the build up of people standing on the stairs increased I thought ‘fuck this’.

You’re welcome.

I think I trump that. Checked the match thread as I arrived at the animal sanctuary in Wythall to see posts like 'that's it then' and 'game over' as we went 1 down. Bought a black cat for £75 and by the time I'd got him home we were winning.

You're welcome.

The sacrifices we make for these people, Percy. And do they thank us?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2017, 06:30:34 PM »

You’re welcome.

You're welcome.

Whatever you do, do not name your new moggy Aston. Back in Feb 2009 I acquired a black moggy and called it Aston. Moscow happended the next month and the rest of our decline is history. I blame the cat who I renamed Bear in about 2013 when I realised it wasnt a coincidence

Offline nigel

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »
One of the worst teams I have seen us play, QPR were awful and we should have won by a hatfull.
Great result considering who they have beat at home.

You can only beat what's out there. QPR beat Wolves and Sheff U on their last two,  so they're no mugs.

Exactly, Eric, it does seem that it's always how rubbish the opposition are rather than how good we are

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2017, 06:32:23 PM »

Online Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »
His name is Clarey Blue a Villa Villain always smiling  :) always willing ;D

......to cheer his team on to victoreeeeeeeee

It’s a classic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal