collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Re: Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by paul_e
[Today at 05:24:21 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 05:23:50 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:22:39 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 05:20:30 PM]

Re: FFP by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:18:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birmingham City vs Aston Villa pre match thread  (Read 38567 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Birmingham City vs Aston Villa pre match thread
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »
We'd still have a proper derby game with Albion. Who are also small time Villa obsessed twats. For many Villa fans the bitters are our big derby game.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2017, 09:41:00 PM »
We'd still have a proper derby game with Albion. Who are also small time Villa obsessed twats. For many Villa fans the bitters are our big derby game.
Nah. Compare the atmosphere at Villa v Albion games to Villa v Small Heath. The only good atmosphere we've had against Albion was the cup game. When we play Small Heath you can feel it in the air, it's different.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2017, 09:43:39 PM »
It's nasty.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »
Plenty of Albion games have a good atmosphere, some not so much, same as sha games. The 0-0 at VP against sha where the only memorable thing was Bannan challenging Zigic for a header was a wank atmosphere as an example. Just because sha is the big one for you doesn't mean it is for everyone.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2017, 09:50:56 PM »
Fair point.

See for me I enjoy telling the Albion fans at every opportunity that I couldn't give a shiny shit about them and I only hate Small Heath. That winds them up more.

Anyway back to the match thread. I just hope we go and attack, if we do we'll win. This could be a real statement to the fans by Bruce and win over some doubters if he goes there and we have a real go. If he goes there and sets us up negatively and scared to lose he'll piss a lot of people off.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. 0-3 win, Terry first goal.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2017, 09:54:43 PM »
I hate the way they make me feel, in all honesty why should we care about them?
Never understand people who say they don't care about them. It would be great to ignore them and not give them a thought but I can't. I can't stand the bastards. To be honest I don't really know many of their players compared to the days of Savage, Dugarry, Horsfield etc when I hated their players aswell. It's their fans, they live on another planet, believe their own bollocks and spin the truth to suit whatever their agenda is. If we didn't care about them and didn't have a mutual rival we would be like Walsall, Coventry, Reading etc who haven't got a proper derby game.

I don't mind admitting my stomach is in knots already and the thought of losing tomorrow makes me feel sick. I'm not too cool to admit I detest the trampy wankers. Up The Villa.

I'm  not to partial to them either.  UTV 

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »
No other Midlands derby for us comes close to this one. Villa v Blues dwarfs any of the others. It’s pure hatred on both sides.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2017, 10:38:19 PM »
I don't think they will bully or outfight us; this was addressed at the Barnsley game, and we have players like Chester and Terry, who have now clicked, Hutton, Snodgrass, Whelan and Kodge, none of whom like to be pushed around.

I don't believe our temperament will be wrong. Bruce knows all about this game, and he will have them in the right mindset.

As far as tactics are concerned, this is our Achilles Heel under Brucey. Cotterill will try something different and have a few back up plans. SB has been found out often enough while he has been here.

Overall, we should have enough to get the job done, but as a heavy gambler, mostly in the financial markets, I would not bet on us.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2017, 10:41:06 PM »
Fucking clappers? Brilliant.

Offline littleoldme

« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2017, 10:47:47 PM »
I can't help singing in my head,run like the clapper's,run like the clapper's.,bloody sado's.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2017, 11:37:35 PM »
Fair point.

See for me I enjoy telling the Albion fans at every opportunity that I couldn't give a shiny shit about them and I only hate Small Heath. That winds them up more.

Same. I rarely think much about West Brom. Some decent fans, some toss pots but whatever. Although we matter to them, they dont matter that much to me.

In my mind Blues are our biggest rivals and I REALLY dont want to lose against them.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2017, 11:47:45 PM »
A classic example of them forgetting things and them twisting things to suit them is the coaches subject. It's literally all I've seen from them on Twitter and a nose text me earlier to take the piss about the coaches tomorrow. A mere 6 months ago their club laid on 16 coaches which sold out for feck sake. Clueless.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2017, 11:52:05 PM »
Plenty of Albion games have a good atmosphere, some not so much, same as sha games. The 0-0 at VP against sha where the only memorable thing was Bannan challenging Zigic for a header was a wank atmosphere as an example. Just because sha is the big one for you doesn't mean it is for everyone.

I think it is partly about what part of Brum you are from. Not for everyone, but for a lot of people.

If you grew up in, say, Perry Barr, you probably grew up amongst Stripeys and - naturally - came to detest them.

I grew up the other side of the city and never, ever even met an Albion fan, so couldn't give a fuck about them. They genuinely mean no more to me than Wolves in terms of rivalry.

My area was, however, infested with noses. It was always about them in terms of the derby match.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2017, 11:57:38 PM »
To be honest I don't really know many of their players compared to the days of Savage, Dugarry, Horsfield etc when I hated their players aswell.

This.

I was thinking earlier, at least in years gone by I'd heard of four or five of their laughable players.

Look at this, though, line up from their last game.

Kuszczak
Colin
Morrison
Roberts
Grounds
Davis
Kieftenbeld
Adams
Ndoye
Maghoma
Vassell

Genuinely the only one of those I've ever heard of is the goalkeeper.

Oh and Maghoma, but even that's only because he missed a sitter against us last time we played them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:00:05 AM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2017, 12:49:28 AM »

I think it is partly about what part of Brum you are from. Not for everyone, but for a lot of people.

If you grew up in, say, Perry Barr, you probably grew up amongst Stripeys and - naturally - came to detest them.

I grew up the other side of the city and never, ever even met an Albion fan, so couldn't give a fuck about them. They genuinely mean no more to me than Wolves in terms of rivalry.

My area was, however, infested with noses. It was always about them in terms of the derby match.

Definitely. I'd also say age plays a part. I reckon if you asked 100 that said Albion was their main one the vast majority would be 40+.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal