collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports  (Read 38486 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »
Yes Blues are working class as they all drive out of the city back to Solihull, Dorridge and Knowle. Whoppers.

West Midlands Travel did a map showing the concentration of supporters and season ticket holders drawn for both clubs across the city. They really are a corridor the size of Blackburn on the A45 while we draw heavy support from all over the show.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:51:08 PM by Ads »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
I was born and  brought up in London  well Ilford to be honest - was surrounded  by people supporting all sorts of teams.  Luckily there were no blue noses.  I loved the rivalry between everyone no  matter who they supported (with the possible exception of  Man Utd to be honest).

I have gone on to know more than 1 blue nose starting  at Uni and can say hand on heart they are not the brightest people I have ever met.  They live simple lives believing they are the true working class supporters in the City, they have a potentially bigger fan  base and hardly ever talk  about themselves,  everything is anti.  I don't call them supporters because they don't support but are fans.

Do you honestly believe all that? You’re not from round here so I suppose it’s partly understandable but just from people I know or have known Blues fans come from the same cross section of society as us, there are just fewer of them. But the old saying about empty vessels means that the ones that get noticed tend to be the dimmest.
I agree that in my experience the two sets of fans come from a similar cross section of the community. We also attract a decent following from outside the city which I suspect is much larger than theirs. So in their tiny minds they convince themselves that they are "more brummie" than us as if it's a competition! As someone said earlier there was a definite "recruitment drive" in the 80's to convince ethnic minorities that we were a racist club. Utter bollox of course but I do think that this is still a perception that some people believe.
We should be used to them having to resort to making up such utter rubbish in their pathetic attempts to get one over on "da voyul" but even after all these years it still grinds my gears. That's why I enjoy beating them so much. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »
Yes Blues are working class as they all drive out of the city back to Solihull, Dorridge and Knowle. Whoppers.

West Midlands Travel did a map showing the concentration of supporters and season ticket holders drawn for both clubs across the city. They really are a corridor the size of Blackburn on the A45 while we draw heavy support from all over the show.

Link please?

Offline Ads

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2017, 10:58:56 PM »
It was on here from years ago. Maybe 08/09 era.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 11:06:17 PM »
I'd like to annoy Heathens with it. Have tried Google but to no avail.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2017, 12:06:53 AM »

That particular myth always makes me laugh.  I always like to ask if they spend much time in the North of the city and have been to places like Great Barr and Kingstanding.  Also, the conversations tend to end quite abruptly when it's pointed out that many of their fans are actually from Solihull. 

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2017, 12:53:06 AM »
The myth about villa being the rich people's club I heard from a Spanish colleague whose partner watched a game at the Sty

Here, across the border, it often goes like this:

From which city are Aston Villa from?
Birmingham.
Birmingham? Are there any other teams from Birmingham?
Not really or at least none you would have heard of. We occasionally have a derby against our neighbours but never our rivals.

I honestly believe if we stopped singing about them we'd forget they exist.

Offline Ads

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2017, 01:27:04 AM »
Yeah but then we'd be like Reading. Derby games are fun.

Offline KingstandingVilla

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2017, 07:42:53 AM »
As the name suggests I'm a native of B44,  and have used the odd pub or two round here, Drakes Drum handful of Blues tolerated as they grew up local, Sportsmans Rest, no knowledge of Blues there, Mount never met any, Kingfisher one family local, Golden Hind less than 10, and the gaffer is old C Crew. Maximums/Second City run a combined coach with Great Barr blues fans to every away game.

As for the race issue someone said the Steamers never had many black lads. DC, Big H, spring to mind two who have terrorised Blues for years. The C Crew everyone knows we're multi racial while Blues were still goose stepping in jack boots, now wen the C Crew demised and the Zulus rose a mixture of the hiphop, and mugging culture on the ramp combined with a few black lads from Blues and defectors from Villa, they were the multicultural firm, and the upcoming Villa Youth I would say were 95 percent white.. This gave Blues on their opinion a moral high ground and a racist stick to beat the Villa with,and to create the racist Villa myth. The Villa Hardcore came next again a predominantly white mob with some very good black and Asian lads in it. However with its core coming from Castle Vale, Erdington Etc the support was more likely to be white than mixed, again the Small Heath spin doctors used this to claim the Hardcore were NF, BNP, C18 KKK, any manner of things as they said the Villa Youth was modelled on the Hitler Youth, it is wheeled out regularly that Villa are racist blah blah blah, now I know when the EDL came along it caused problems down Blues amongst the old black lads and the young AG lot who were attending these marches. Blues conveniently re write history to suit what point they are trying to make at any given time.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »
They dominate the city and you never see a Viler in town, they took 500,000 to Wembley for the Leyland Daffy Duck Final, 800,000 to Bruges, yet they can't sell out a reduced capacity of 25,000 for the game against us. Tinpot bastards. To think they laughed when we 'only' got 34,000 against them in the cup a couple of years ago. They would talk about it for decades if they got 34k at home and the number would go up to 50k, 60k each year as their tall tales got exaggerated.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
Fun fact, last time they got 30K was 1988. Last time they did it in the league was 1982.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2017, 10:03:51 AM »
Were they playing us, by any chance?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2017, 10:07:58 AM »
In the league they were. FA Cup game was Forest. Last time they got 30K for a league game that wasn't against us was 1980.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
In the league they were. FA Cup game was Forest. Last time they got 30K for a league game that wasn't against us was 1980.

But...but they keep telling us that everyone in Birmingham supports them.  Birmingham has a population of 1.1m people. 

Offline rim gk

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »

But...but they keep telling us that everyone in Birmingham supports them.  Birmingham has a population of 1.1m people.
there's many people who don't follow football let alone support a team and then there's the man utd Liverpool brigade.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal