collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by johnc
[Today at 10:19:28 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:13:48 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports  (Read 38478 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 09:43:02 AM »
Has it aired yet? - I'm abroad at the moment but would be keen to watch it on my return. Where will it be available on catch-up?

If you have Sky you'll be able to watch it "On Demand". Not sure if it'll end up on Youtube or some such thing for non-subscribers.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »
Our racists are better than their racists.

John Terry 78 England caps.
Lee Bowyer 1.

Take that, Small Heath!

Made me laugh. Just hope that daft racist flag isn’t seen at the shithole the only points the blues will get on Sunday
you

I agree , do you concur with my assessment WW as I think we moved in similar circles a long time ago

Sunny I have been going the villa now for over 40 years bar when we lived in Aussie

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 03:39:02 PM »
On next Tuesday Sky Football Channel 403 Virgin 503 HD or 513 at 7 pm for 1/2 hour. Would have thought, allowing for the 'pain in the neck adverts', you would need a minimum 1 hour to do it justice, still looking forward to it and thanks Deano for letting us know about it.
Same time, same Channels just 24 hours later

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »
The myth about villa being the rich people's club I heard from a Spanish colleague whose partner watched a game at the Sty

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »
Bless.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2017, 06:29:45 PM »
The myth about villa being the rich people's club I heard from a Spanish colleague whose partner watched a game at the Sty

I've a friend who moved to Australia about 15 years ago. She's not a great expert on the game, but most on here would identify her as a Brummie red. Small Heath are her second team.

On one return visit, she took her now-husband to a game at the sty.

He subsequently peddles the same bollocks whenever football comes up.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »

I've a friend who moved to Australia about 15 years ago. She's not a great expert on the game, but most on here would identify her as a Brummie red. Small Heath are her second team.

On one return visit, she took her now-husband to a game at the sty.

He subsequently peddles the same bollocks whenever football comes up.

A Brummie Red whose second team is Small Heath, you say?
Who’d have thought it!

Offline The Edge

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2017, 07:07:10 PM »
On next Tuesday Sky Football Channel 403 Virgin 503 HD or 513 at 7 pm for 1/2 hour. Would have thought, allowing for the 'pain in the neck adverts', you would need a minimum 1 hour to do it justice, still looking forward to it and thanks Deano for letting us know about it.
Same time, same Channels just 24 hours later
So it's on tomorrow?,

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »
Correct. 7pm.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »
There is no rivalry   between the Villa and Small Heath at sporting level as they have neither competed  with us for honours not wealth and size. It’s giving them too much credit to state otherwise. Their fans  intensely hate us and somehow that’s turned into some sort of clash of equals which it’s not never has been and never will be. They are just an irritant.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
There is no rivalry   between the Villa and Small Heath at sporting level as they have neither competed  with us for honours not wealth and size. It’s giving them too much credit to state otherwise. Their fans  intensely hate us and somehow that’s turned into some sort of clash of equals which it’s not never has been and never will be. They are just an irritant.
Quite right. They're like a bad smell that won't go away.

Online Jon Crofts

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2017, 08:39:47 PM »
Quite right. They're like a bad smell that won't go away.

A floater that won't flush.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
The Blues in the late 70s was very right wing with the chaps out of the trooper the older lot had a notable lad of colour from Handsworth  J**o . Villa had a few black lads in the steamers but the advent of the C Crew seen a really multicultural set of lads who terrorised the right wing Blues .

Cuddles and his family was always Blues so they went on a recruitment drive from the black lads of the ramp who used to get a torrid time from Villa .

They joined up with Cuddles and some other young lads more for the thieving opportunity but became embroiled in the FV side . There was a calculated ploy to call Villa racists and many believed them despite the likes of BD and B and cast of others following Villa .

It was at that time a huge myth as there was stickers up town saying Kill the N******r Danny .

To this day there is still resentment with the older Blues and the influence of Cuddles ect .

Very strange how town tuned from a pretty even if not slightly more Villa to a Blues stronghold by 1984 , arrests .apathy and general moving on from FV within the ranks at Villa was also to blame .

For some of us Town was a very bad place as the Blues lot never forgot . Many of us were attacked on our own and even with wives and girlfriends 1987 seen parity regained by then I was well gone from FV

I didn't grow up in Birmingham but my dad was one of the leaders of the Steamers back in the day. Growing up and going to the Villa and meeting his old Steamer friends, I didn't see one ounce of racism. There didn't seem to be a lot of Black people in the group but there was never anything untoward that I could see. All were considered Villa and one of us despite their colour.
About 10 years ago I went in the Adventurers after a game for the first time ever (I was always Aston Social) and I did see some people being openly racist to a couple of Black girls that had come in. That's just my experiences of not being from Brum.

No matter where I have been in the world when I have had the misfortune of bumping into a nose, they always seem to be of the knuckledragging type.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »
I was born and  brought up in London  well Ilford to be honest - was surrounded  by people supporting all sorts of teams.  Luckily there were no blue noses.  I loved the rivalry between everyone no  matter who they supported (with the possible exception of  Man Utd to be honest).

I have gone on to know more than 1 blue nose starting  at Uni and can say hand on heart they are not the brightest people I have ever met.  They live simple lives believing they are the true working class supporters in the City, they have a potentially bigger fan  base and hardly ever talk  about themselves,  everything is anti.  I don't call them supporters because they don't support but are fans.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2017, 10:04:33 PM »
I was born and  brought up in London  well Ilford to be honest - was surrounded  by people supporting all sorts of teams.  Luckily there were no blue noses.  I loved the rivalry between everyone no  matter who they supported (with the possible exception of  Man Utd to be honest).

I have gone on to know more than 1 blue nose starting  at Uni and can say hand on heart they are not the brightest people I have ever met.  They live simple lives believing they are the true working class supporters in the City, they have a potentially bigger fan  base and hardly ever talk  about themselves,  everything is anti.  I don't call them supporters because they don't support but are fans.

Do you honestly believe all that? You’re not from round here so I suppose it’s partly understandable but just from people I know or have known Blues fans come from the same cross section of society as us, there are just fewer of them. But the old saying about empty vessels means that the ones that get noticed tend to be the dimmest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal