collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 05:48:08 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 05:46:12 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 05:48:08 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 05:46:12 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 05:44:20 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:42:02 PM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

Re: FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:31:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports  (Read 38504 times)

Offline villabear

Re: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »
This thread has some great quotes in it. I love how you lot are still traumatized by Enkleman, it's made for some pretty entertaining reading. I was going to say good luck and may the best team win, but I can't quite get there. Especially after the last couple of pages, where you've reverted back to your usual drivel. I blame the drink, it must be those pre match nerves, hey lads? Enjoy your big day out.

Enjoy your happy clapper.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »
Villa blues is north Birmingham v south Birmingham for me it's the roots of the Derby.  People move around you blues in the north villa in the south. Does anyone remember when you couldn't find a blue nose in the north and a Villa in the south.

B-lose prob draw the majority of their support in South Birmingham/ Solihull.  But my aul' fella lived over that side from the 1950s onwards and there was always plenty of Villa in Hall Green, Acocks Green and -yes even Small Heath, according to him.

Shouldn't be a huge surprise.  Traditionally, we were a well supported club.  And they weren't.

He did go to St Andrews with his B-lose supporting mates and they came to the Villa on alternate weekends, which wasn't really frowned upon back then.

Away days across the country weren't really a thing.

My old man and his brothers hailed from Acocks Green and supported Small Heath. He also had a couple of mates, one Villa and one Small Heath who had season tickets next to each other at Villa Park and the sty.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:32:13 AM by Damo70 »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »
“Enjoy your big day out”

At a club that can’t even sell out 24k home tickets. :)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2017, 08:33:11 AM »
“Enjoy your big day out”

It is hard to get 24,000 NHS carers to work on a Sunday.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2017, 08:37:34 AM »
This thread has some great quotes in it. I love how you lot are still traumatized by Enkleman, it's made for some pretty entertaining reading. I was going to say good luck and may the best team win, but I can't quite get there. Especially after the last couple of pages, where you've reverted back to your usual drivel. I blame the drink, it must be those pre match nerves, hey lads? Enjoy your big day out.

Oh dear.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »
“Enjoy your big day out”

It is hard to get 24,000 NHS carers to work on a Sunday.

Not even with an offer of a free clapperboard thrown in?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »
that does go on, but on the whole not the general idea.
Any idea where the big trouble spots are going to be today so that we can avoid them?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
Any idea where the big trouble spots are going to be today so that we can avoid them?

Catalonia is a bit moody at the moment, I still wouldn't venture into Afghanistan and I would also avoid Russia and North Korea.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »
CB is all Villa. Coleshill mostly Villa and Kingshurst is confused.

Spot on.

Offline rim gk

« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2017, 09:24:28 AM »
The big bad Zulus have actually used that excuse after getting shown up by Villas firm. These are excuses I have heard from them over the years : you're too early (19/10/2003) we can't live with that (same day as the mob walked over the flyover) Villa hired nazis (rocky lane) Villa had Rangers Chelsea and Millwall (rocky lane) taxis were late (several times) the leader of the Villa firm had a knife (statement made in court over rocky lane) our taxis were late (several times) you had too many (macdonalds island) we had kids with us (same event) we didn't run from Villa we ran from the police (two different events) villa had knives and my own personal favourite "the police stitched us up and marched us into a big mob of villa"  total spin doctors
blues use non football lads mainly black who have  the been told bullshits that  villa are nf c18.blues had Coventry lads with them 2002 at Mcdonalds island and wba at the White tower last year.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »
The big bad Zulus have actually used that excuse after getting shown up by Villas firm. These are excuses I have heard from them over the years : you're too early (19/10/2003) we can't live with that (same day as the mob walked over the flyover) Villa hired nazis (rocky lane) Villa had Rangers Chelsea and Millwall (rocky lane) taxis were late (several times) the leader of the Villa firm had a knife (statement made in court over rocky lane) our taxis were late (several times) you had too many (macdonalds island) we had kids with us (same event) we didn't run from Villa we ran from the police (two different events) villa had knives and my own personal favourite "the police stitched us up and marched us into a big mob of villa"  total spin doctors
blues use non football lads mainly black who have  the been told bullshits that  villa are nf c18.blues had Coventry lads with them 2002 at Mcdonalds island and wba at the White tower last year.

Can we knock this on the head please? It's not the time nor the place.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #191 on: October 29, 2017, 10:48:56 AM »

Can we knock this on the head please? It's not the time nor the place.
Yes, thank you.
It’s all very unpleasant.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »
Catalonia is a bit moody at the moment, I still wouldn't venture into Afghanistan and I would also avoid Russia and North Korea.
So basically all Small Heath.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »
Villa blues is north Birmingham v south Birmingham for me it's the roots of the Derby.  People move around you blues in the north villa in the south. Does anyone remember when you couldn't find a blue nose in the north and a Villa in the south.

Born in south Birmingham, live in south Birmingham, Villa fan just like the rest of my family for more years than I can remember.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »
Still locked in this shithole

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal