collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14424 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 10:34:10 PM »
We'll be piling in on these. 6-0.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 08:16:08 AM »
Would be great to see a really convincing win at Villa Park. 

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 08:28:15 AM »
2-1. Kodjia with both

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 08:33:27 AM »
Well I correctly predicted the 4-0 score against Burton, and I think it’ll be another straightforward win here.

2-0 this time though as Bolton will try to defend the entire 90 mins.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:07 AM »
Always makes me nervous to read that we are playing a team that hasn’t scored/won for x amount of time. These runs have to come to an end- law of averages etc.

Having said that, we have waited from 2010 until recently for ours to come to an end...

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 08:59:10 AM »
Always makes me nervous to read that we are playing a team that hasn’t scored/won for x amount of time. These runs have to come to an end- law of averages etc.

Having said that, we have waited from 2010 until recently for ours to come to an end...

If it's any consolation I think they've scored in their last 10 visits to Villa Park, or something stupid like that, so perhaps the law of averages will work for this rule instead.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 09:41:38 AM »
2-0. Keep the unvincibility going.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »
I see the Bolton chairman has given the manager the vote of confidence after another defeat. They've Sammy Ameobi back and this week managed to bring in Karl Henry to their midfield. Despite losing to Bristol City 2-0, they still fought hard for 90 minutes with 10 men for all the second half.

Hopefully they're knackered but I may have to revise my prediction to 4-0.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:12 AM »
3-0. The addition of Sammy Ameobi and Karl Henry doesn't exactly have me shaking with fear.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 09:57:28 AM »
We now enter another phase for the manager, how to handle the expectation, avoid complacency and make any alterations to the team, if needed, and not derail the train. Perhaps the older players might need a rest, are we carrying any injuries? Not only a change of personnel but a change of formation may be required and this is dangerous territory for Bruce.

I'm hopeful that if there are changes, they will be minor and we keep that momentum.

3-0

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 10:01:50 AM »
Jedi should be available on Saturday if we need to rest Whelan.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »
We now enter another phase for the manager, how to handle the expectation, avoid complacency and make any alterations to the team, if needed, and not derail the train. Perhaps the older players might need a rest, are we carrying any injuries? Not only a change of personnel but a change of formation may be required and this is dangerous territory for Bruce.

I'm hopeful that if there are changes, they will be minor and we keep that momentum.

3-0

I doubt he will make any changes unless he's forced to. Most of them will have a break after this game.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »

3-0

You might want to change that prediction to 3-2 with Sammy Ameobi and Karl Henry getting the Bolton goals. Paranoia has now set in and I am now convinced my previous post was tempting fate.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 10:21:31 AM »

3-0

I doubt he will make any changes unless he's forced to. Most of them will have a break after this game.

That's my hope. The centre half pairing is crucial, while I can appreciate Terry won't play 3 games a week regularly, there is the break to factor in this time.

In summary I have Elphick and Samba-it is.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »

3-0

No need for any changes to the starting line up.  Hopefully we in a comfortable enough position after 60 or so minutes to be able to make a few changes if necessary. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal