collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Much Awaited Return of Promotion Maths  (Read 282599 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: The Much Awaited Return of Promotion Maths
« Reply #1080 on: February 14, 2018, 07:51:09 AM »
Next step is to start putting teams away. First Fulham, then Cardiff, then Derby. We have an excellent chance to do so now.

Fulham have to play villa Bristol city and wolves this week. Their form will come to an end.

Cardiff are away to villa and derby

Cardiff also have to play wolves and villa in space of 3 days.

The more our rivals for second have to play each other the better. And as I said a couple of weeks back we should be cheering on Wolves whenever they play against any of them.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1081 on: February 14, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »
After tonight Derby are out of it for 2nd place. It's a bit too much for Fulham so between us and Cardiff.
Just like we were out of it 6 weeks ago?  You’re nuts if you think Derby are out of this race.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #1082 on: February 14, 2018, 09:30:30 AM »
After tonight Derby are out of it for 2nd place. It's a bit too much for Fulham so between us and Cardiff.
Just like we were out of it 6 weeks ago?  You’re nuts if you think Derby are out of this race.
If we lose Saturday it's wide open between the 4 of us.  If we win it's ours for the taking.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1083 on: February 14, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »
Next step is to start putting teams away. First Fulham, then Cardiff, then Derby. We have an excellent chance to do so now.

Fulham have to play villa Bristol city and wolves this week. Their form will come to an end.

Cardiff are away to villa and derby

Cardiff also have to play wolves and villa in space of 3 days.

The more our rivals for second have to play each other the better. And as I said a couple of weeks back we should be cheering on Wolves whenever they play against any of them.

Wash your mouth out!  We're going to win this league!

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1084 on: February 14, 2018, 10:05:10 AM »
After Wolves lost at home to Forest 4 games back, I felt there was a slim possibility that they may have a sticky patch and get sucked back in.  At the time, I thought they needed 9 wins out of 18 games. They've since won their last 3, meaning 6 wins out of 15 games will put them on 89 points, even if they lose the other 7.

It will take a pretty gallant effort to catch Wolves at this stage. I've let go of any lingering hopes I had of catching them now. I accept we're in a 4 way battle for 2nd.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1085 on: February 14, 2018, 05:48:21 PM »
It would take a Devon Loch collapse for anyone catch Wolves. We need to concentrate on putting a gap between us and those chasing second over the next month or so. And we have the games to do it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1086 on: February 14, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »
Why were Derby playing last night? They didn't have a game in hand. Wednesday still in the Cup or summat?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1087 on: February 15, 2018, 08:18:30 AM »
After Wolves lost at home to Forest 4 games back, I felt there was a slim possibility that they may have a sticky patch and get sucked back in.  At the time, I thought they needed 9 wins out of 18 games. They've since won their last 3, meaning 6 wins out of 15 games will put them on 89 points, even if they lose the other 7.

It will take a pretty gallant effort to catch Wolves at this stage. I've let go of any lingering hopes I had of catching them now. I accept we're in a 4 way battle for 2nd.

Same here. I just want to get in the Taxi, they can sit in the front.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1088 on: February 15, 2018, 08:30:49 AM »
Why were Derby playing last night? They didn't have a game in hand. Wednesday still in the Cup or summat?

Yes Wednesday are still in the cup and the games are this Saturday. It's taken a bit of pressure off us this weekend because whatever we do, we remain ahead of Derby. Any kind of result widens the gap between us.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1089 on: February 15, 2018, 09:14:10 PM »
6 week ago we were in a shit run. Every side bar Wolves has had purple and sticky patches

Football is so ridiculously short term that everyone’s backing us now but there’s still an awful lot to do. We’ve had a decent bit of luck in recent games and that won’t carry on.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1090 on: February 15, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »
6 week ago we were in a shit run. Every side bar Wolves has had purple and sticky patches

Football is so ridiculously short term that everyone’s backing us now but there’s still an awful lot to do. We’ve had a decent bit of luck in recent games and that won’t carry on.

Such as?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1091 on: February 15, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »
I'm curious as to where we've been lucky.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1092 on: February 15, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »
Every team needs a bit of luck. I would say early in the game vs Sheff Utd or the post helping us against the Noses are two that immediately come to mind. But that said we could have scored many times ourselves. So in the grand scheme of things and on the overall balance of play and possession we’ve deserved to win all 7 games.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1093 on: February 15, 2018, 09:36:08 PM »
I'm curious as to where we've been lucky.

Bristol City - the 5th goal took a massive deflection.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1094 on: February 15, 2018, 11:21:37 PM »
Bristol could have been 2 or 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes. Might just be the division - less quality means sides aren't taking chances which is giving us a foothold in the game which we've then been able to go on and win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal