collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Glenn Whelan - Released  (Read 73100 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Glenn Whelan - SIGNED
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2017, 12:17:35 AM »
Lescotted. A year past his sell bye date.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
Lescotted. A year past his sell bye date.

Gabbed superseded Lescotted as an adjective some while ago.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2017, 08:02:46 AM »
Every manager makes one cock up with a purchase, Whelan  along with Hogan I dare to add is Bruce's

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2017, 08:05:39 AM »
Every manager makes one cock up with a purchase, Whelan  along with Hogan I dare to add is Bruce's

Whelan, Hogan, Terry, Lansbury, Elmohamady, Bjarnason...

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2017, 08:10:22 AM »
My only hope with Whelan is that Jedinak was terrible at this stage last season

Maybe he'll grow into it

But I'd definitely play Jedi v boro

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:17 AM »
Whelan is nothing. A nothing sort of player. Adds nothing to the team and far too old to be playing for us.

Mate, I watched Huddlestone last night. The same sort of player at this stage of his career. No pace, you wonder what he's there for? Then you realize he is simply asked to keep the play moving. Not asked to run around. To chase balls. He is just asked to a job based on his ability and limitations, and he does it well. Whelan was asked to do the job of a 25 year old, in his defence. What I was amazed about was how inaccurate he was in his passing, how indecisive he was in his decision making, how off the pace he was in his football knowledge.
It was embarrassing how easily Brentford kids got in there before him despite being a couple of yards ahead of them. He is ponderous both in body and mind.
Sorry you had to watch a shit game on your return but this is what we have been seeing at VP since last October😥

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2017, 08:50:28 AM »
A poor man's Ashley Westwood.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »
A poor man's Ashley Westwood.

Jesus. Is he that bad?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »
Whelan is nothing. A nothing sort of player. Adds nothing to the team and far too old to be playing for us.

Mate, I watched Huddlestone last night. The same sort of player at this stage of his career. No pace, you wonder what he's there for? Then you realize he is simply asked to keep the play moving. Not asked to run around. To chase balls. He is just asked to a job based on his ability and limitations, and he does it well. Whelan was asked to do the job of a 25 year old, in his defence. What I was amazed about was how inaccurate he was in his passing, how indecisive he was in his decision making, how off the pace he was in his football knowledge.
It was embarrassing how easily Brentford kids got in there before him despite being a couple of yards ahead of them. He is ponderous both in body and mind.
Sorry you had to watch a shit game on your return but this is what we have been seeing at VP since last October😥
October 2010, that is.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2017, 09:35:17 AM »

If he was portrayed as a player in a remake of the football match from Bedknobs And Broomsticks, based on what I've seen of him in a Villa shirt, he'd be a slug.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2017, 10:10:01 AM »
Same as Elmohamady - simply not good enough.
Looks like another one stealing a living

Online Clampy

« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2017, 10:31:06 AM »
He's another one who probably should have been left out yesterday after playing for Ireland. He tried his best to break up the play and he succeeded at times but overall, an off day like the rest of them bar the keeper.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »
Not an off day. When the off days are more common than good days. Playing poor is the rule not the exception.

Online Clampy

« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
Not an off day. When the off days are more common than good days. Playing poor is the rule not the exception.

An off day as in all of them together were shite. Normally you get one or two stinking the place out. Yesterday they were all poor.

Offline willenhall villa

« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »
Whelan has played 6 games for us. Brentford showed more desire in midfield and won nearly every 50/50 ball. So not just whelan having an off day. I'd have whelan in the side above jedinak as I believe he offers more to the team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal