collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 05:18:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:16:29 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by itbrvilla
[Today at 05:15:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 05:15:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 05:12:30 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555216 times)

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2955 on: May 11, 2018, 07:57:03 PM »
Sorry to butt in, I haven't been following this discussion too closely but what on earth is this thing of PM-ing questions? This is a public forum isn't it? I'm pretty sure Chris's stance on Terry is well documented on here, if I'd received a PM asking me (politely or not) to explain myself I'd probably react in the same way. The only thing his public reply tells me, ATAL, is that he doesn't appreciate you making it a private matter when his views are already public, if you care to look. I think that's completely fair enough, and I think you need to clamber down off that high horse of yours.

As above.

I'll make sure I pass on to JD what a twisted notion you think private messaging is. Not to mention the other H&V users who have sent me messages over the years.

Why would you need to pass it on? It's a public forum, they can see the responses.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2956 on: May 11, 2018, 08:09:35 PM »
Sorry to butt in, I haven't been following this discussion too closely but what on earth is this thing of PM-ing questions? This is a public forum isn't it? I'm pretty sure Chris's stance on Terry is well documented on here, if I'd received a PM asking me (politely or not) to explain myself I'd probably react in the same way. The only thing his public reply tells me, ATAL, is that he doesn't appreciate you making it a private matter when his views are already public, if you care to look. I think that's completely fair enough, and I think you need to clamber down off that high horse of yours.

As above.

I'll make sure I pass on to JD what a twisted notion you think private messaging is. Not to mention the other H&V users who have sent me messages over the years.

Why would you need to pass it on? It's a public forum, they can see the responses.

What's the matter Sheffield, are you feeling left out? Or did you overhear somebody insulting you in a private conversation once? I'd suggest you go talk to someone about it but that would probably require a 1:1 conversation, and unfortunately you don't do those.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2957 on: May 11, 2018, 08:09:48 PM »

As above.

Dear me, you really need to lay off the hyperbole. You don't need to pass on anything to JD for me. I don't think PM-ing is a twisted notion. I think you sending a PM to get an explanation that's already out there is unnecessary. Just out of interest (I'm curious, see) have any of the other H&V users who have sent you messages over the years done so to call you a sanctimonious git?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2958 on: May 11, 2018, 08:19:14 PM »

As above.

What's the matter Sheffield, are you feeling left out? Or did you overhear somebody insulting you in a private conversation once? I'd suggest you go talk to someone about it but that would probably require a 1:1 conversation, and unfortunately you don't do those.

What on earth are you wittering on about?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2959 on: May 11, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »

Troll, troll, troll,troll.....

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2960 on: May 11, 2018, 08:25:36 PM »
Thanks for the reminder, Drummond. Sorry everyone, should have known better, it won't happen again.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2961 on: May 11, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »

As above.

Dear me, you really need to lay off the hyperbole. You don't need to pass on anything to JD for me. I don't think PM-ing is a twisted notion. I think you sending a PM to get an explanation that's already out there is unnecessary. Just out of interest (I'm curious, see) have any of the other H&V users who have sent you messages over the years done so to call you a sanctimonious git?

No need to throw the baby out with the chinchilla bathwater.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2962 on: May 11, 2018, 08:48:27 PM »

As above.

I don't understand what you're hoping to get from all this. It's like you're going out of your way to provoke arguments with as many people as possible over the most piddling little things. I can't for the life of me see why?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2963 on: May 11, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »

As above.

I don't understand what you're hoping to get from all this. It's like you're going out of your way to provoke arguments with as many people as possible over the most piddling little things. I can't for the life of me see why?

Oh, I'm not sure that that's true now. Whatever it is, though, it's certainly nothing personal.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2964 on: May 11, 2018, 08:54:36 PM »
Lots of people on here get on my tits to various levels.

Ultimately, it's only a message board, though.

I used to get a lot more angry on here than I do these days (other than the odd very occasional blow up). I noticed that when i stopped bothering getting into rambling multi-page rucks with people over things like football club wage bills or managers who couldn't stop pissing about with who played at right back, my blood pressure went down and I generally felt much less stressed.

Real life is stressful enough without letting you bozos wind me up.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2965 on: May 11, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »
Lots of people on here get on my tits to various levels.

Ultimately, it's only a message board, though.

I used to get a lot more angry on here than I do these days (other than the odd very occasional blow up). I noticed that when i stopped bothering getting into rambling multi-page rucks with people over things like football club wage bills or managers who couldn't stop pissing about with who played at right back, my blood pressure went down and I generally felt much less stressed.

Real life is stressful enough without letting you bozos wind me up.

You're absolutely right.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #2966 on: May 11, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »
Plus everyone starts quotathons and my blood pressure goes through the roof.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2967 on: May 11, 2018, 09:03:55 PM »
Plus everyone starts quotathons and my blood pressure goes through the roof.
You do realise you may get slated for that comment.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #2968 on: May 11, 2018, 09:10:12 PM »
Eh?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2969 on: May 11, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »
I think he was trying to in-spire a punathon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal