collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555420 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2895 on: May 07, 2018, 09:10:07 PM »
I hope he stays for at least another season.

Me too.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2896 on: May 07, 2018, 11:21:07 PM »
If Villa go up and he does stay, Villa at Stamford Bridge will be the most vomit inducing match in the club's history should the number 26 allow himself to be selected.

He has always said that he won't play against Chelsea.

Excellent, if we go up we get rid of him in that case. If we don’t, we should get rid of him just in case we get them in the cup.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #2897 on: May 07, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »
If Villa go up and he does stay, Villa at Stamford Bridge will be the most vomit inducing match in the club's history should the number 26 allow himself to be selected.

He has always said that he won't play against Chelsea.

Excellent, if we go up we get rid of him in that case. If we don’t, we should get rid of him just in case we get them in the cup.
Did you actually explain on here somewhere why you hate him quite as much as you do? If so, could you repeat it, because it interests me, but not enough to go and look through the whole thread...

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2898 on: May 08, 2018, 06:53:02 AM »
Some people need a pantomime villain in their life i guess, even if he's not living up to the media's version of the myth. Hope he stays if we go up. Although time is catching up with him he's gotta be worth having for his experience and to steady the ship. We really need to bring in a partner for chester with Terry as cover in an ideal world. If we don't go up then possibly his wages could be better spent on funding a younger centre half because him being available to play anywhere near 46 games in the championship is pushing it.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2899 on: May 08, 2018, 07:25:30 AM »
I just hate him, number of reasons, he’s not my ‘pantomime villain’. I wish he wasn’t a Villan though.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #2900 on: May 08, 2018, 07:29:32 AM »
I hope he stays, his distribution is the best from a Villa centre half I have seen for a few years, also his organisational and leadership skills. I would rather keep him than go for a younger player who is not as good.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #2901 on: May 08, 2018, 07:40:48 AM »
He's made such an impact this season that I hope he stays another year regardless of what happens. Look at how much Chester and Johnstone have improved playing alongside him. Even if he can only play 10-15 games next season I'd keep him as I'm sure even as a bit-part player he'd be a positive influence.

I almost feel he's less likely to stay in the Championship. We're likely to be skint next season and will still have Richards and McCormack on the wage bill earning about 100k a week between them.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2902 on: May 09, 2018, 09:14:21 AM »
It would be interesting to see if he could develop as a coach.  He has motivation, reads the game quite well and understands the need to be able to play the ball from the back.  I never thought that he looked like a top player as he looked awkward but he performed at the top for a long time.  I think he was a 'sum of all the parts' type player rather than a 'natural'.

Online cheadlevilla

« Reply #2903 on: May 09, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »
I do think hes got a good shout of being in charge at some point!  I have no idea if he's done or doing his badges but that seems not to be an issue for some

Online tomd2103

« Reply #2904 on: May 09, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
I would rather he stayed if we don’t go up, rather than if we do.

Not sure we would be able to afford him if we don't go up and it might be time then to look at a younger model anyway.  I think his experience would be vital if we went up though and would look to keep him for another year.  He wouldn't play every game, so we would be able to bring through a younger defender through the course of the season. 

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #2905 on: May 10, 2018, 06:24:42 PM »
JT in his video for the club today said James Chester is RollsRoyce and Jack will be a star for England if he keeps up his progress.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2906 on: May 10, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »
I do think hes got a good shout of being in charge at some point!  I have no idea if he's done or doing his badges but that seems not to be an issue for some

He's doing his badges at the moment and seems to be quite diligent about it.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2907 on: May 10, 2018, 08:36:24 PM »
https://youtu.be/TAGwVNBk5v8

An excellent interview with him.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2908 on: May 11, 2018, 08:18:05 AM »
It's a great interview.  I know some people will never change their minds, but it is really difficult to fault his character, commitment or ability since he joined.  He really has been an excellent signing.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2909 on: May 11, 2018, 08:55:05 AM »
It's a great interview.  I know some people will never change their minds, but it is really difficult to fault his character, commitment or ability since he joined.  He really has been an excellent signing.

No, he's the devil incarnate. So says Chris Jameson.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal